Cannot add friends after buying new game

Technical Support
I have had a blizzard account since World of Warcraft Classic.
I just purchased Diablo 3 and suddenly I am not allowed to add friends....

WHY? (it says new licences cannot add friends but i have loads of friends just cannot add new ones at the moment)

Why has purchasing Diablo locked my account down and why was i not warned?
Howdy!

Your purchase maybe still pending which would cause temporary restrictions to protect against abuse. I'd recommend to give it a bit longer, log fully out of the game and Blizzard app then log back in to retest.

Thank you.
It seems to be working now...

What does that mean though - I have blizzard app, i am playing overwatch, i add friends, I buy diablo3 and I am no longer trusted to invite friends?????

I understand for a new blizzard account but hey I have 41 friends already why am I being restricted because i chose to spend more money with Blizzard?
It is the way new license works with Blizzard I guess. Did it stop you from chatting with your current friends? Probably not. They want to be sure they get their money. You didn't buy the Battle.net App, you bought a game that is new to you which means you are a new customer in a different IP of Blizzard's. Diablo III has a whole different community than WoW or Overwatch (though many play different IP's than just D3).
This is some of the dumbest !@#$ I've ever experienced. I have a battle.net account RIDDLED with friends from earlier days.... I purchase Diablo 3 to play with a friend (and mind you we only picked the game to get a fast access playtime for a few hours) and suddenly I can't %^-*ing add my friend? Give me my money back.
You know people have a life, right? Not everyone wants to wait 24 hours just to add a friend to play with. This is !@#$ing disgraceful.
03/15/2019 06:12 AMPosted by Franji
Give me my money back.
If you bought the game from the Blizzard Shop, go here to ask for a refund :
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/344/channels
03/15/2019 07:02 AMPosted by Boubou
03/15/2019 06:12 AMPosted by Franji
Give me my money back.
If you bought the game from the Blizzard Shop, go here to ask for a refund :
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/344/channels

Thank you.
SAME PROBLEM HERE, WHAT CAN I DO ?
04/19/2019 05:33 PMPosted by Peip
SAME PROBLEM HERE, WHAT CAN I DO ?
Your keyboard appears to be malfunctioning.... the Caps Lock is stuck on. I'd look after that first.

You may also find this post https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/4887789557#post-3 of interest, particularly the 2nd paragraph.
Same problem here, what can i do ?
Have you bought the game ? When ?
It looks as if you're still playing Starter Edition (aka, "trial" or "free" version)

Have you tried this :
05/10/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Zuvykree
Your purchase maybe still pending which would cause temporary restrictions to protect against abuse. I'd recommend to give it a bit longer, log fully out of the game and Blizzard app then log back in to retest.

Give more details.
I recently bought the game with another friend, but we cant play coop.
im gonna try that solution, thank you for the fast reply. And sorry for the first caps.

04/19/2019 05:59 PMPosted by Boubou
Have you bought the game ? When ?
It looks as if you're still playing Starter Edition (aka, "trial" or "free" version)

Have you tried this :
05/10/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Zuvykree

Give more details.