Will pay $30 for the druid/assassin bundle

General Discussion
I can picture the druid now: Shape shift skill on a 2 min CD for a 10 second buff.
i wont pay a single cent anyore with diablo 3, i will pay for a diablo 4...
05/14/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Kirottu

I've been wondering this myself. What is really so wrong about D3?

Yes, D3 is different from its predecessor. But what's wrong with that? Why can't the devs do something different?

They had 2 of the greatest ARPGs of all time and changed the formula for success into something completely unrelated and that is D3. There’s a reason why Path of Exile has become the greatest ARPG of all time in recent years.
05/14/2018 07:38 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
Path of Exile has become the greatest ARPG

According to whom?

greatest ARPG of all time

in recent years
If PoE is so great then why didn't I like it? I think it is crap. See how that works? 2 different people, and two different opinions. Great and fun are subjective. They depend on the person playing the game. I like D3 for what it is, and I don't care what other's say about it. I like it so I play it now and then. I have many other games as well which I also find fun. Are you going to say they are crap also? Does it really matter so much to you, PowerCosmic?
They had 2 of the greatest ARPGs of all time and changed the formula for success into something completely unrelated and that is D3. There’s a reason why Path of Exile has become the greatest ARPG of all time in recent years.

I actually prefer Grim Dawn. Titan Quest had one of the most robust progression layouts I've seen in any isometric ARPG, and GD double-downed on that formula and took it to the next level. Its also surprisingly accessible, and imho strikes a really good balance between depth and flexibility.

Anyone can make up the greatest "whatever of all time" arguments, but you don't get to determine what's an absolute truth. PoE is a great game, but it's needlessly convoluted in many ways. D3 is a great game as well, but it over-streamlined a lot of things.

D1 was a pioneer. This doesn't make it "the best" in any way or form. Groundbreaking perhaps, but the best? D2's earlier iterations received a metric ton of flak precisely for not being D1.5, which is delightfully ironic considering many statements about D3 are quite literally hinging on the same type of mindset. Eventually it grew into the classic many of us remember fondly, but even that doesn't really hide the metric ton of design flaws it happens to have. great classic, but the best? Quite a stretch, tbh.

Frankly, I think it's pointless to even pretend anything can be "the best of all time". New developments happen within the genre all the time, which in many cases render older iterations outdated. Games in development such as Wolcen or Last Epoch are implementing innovations of their own, enriching the genre. If your thing is definitely D2, though, I actually think Torchlight 2 feels far more like an actual iteration on D2 than any other ARPG out there right now. It's systems truly iterated on D2's foundation, and enhanced a lot of it's strengths while weeding many of it's weaknesses. Sadly, a lot of rather superfluous critics will simply write it off because it's not "hurrdurr gory and superduper gothix brah!". At a core systems design level, however, I think none of the current ARPGs on the market gets closer to D2 than TL2, which is also a fantastic game on it's own right.

Who's to tell which of these is the best, anyways? Every popular title will have it's haters and it's fanboys, but sadly, a lot of people will simply be unable to issue an objective judgement of any of them, especially giving credit where it's due. Do you love PoE? That's fantastic. You can go bask in that glorious ARPG goodness right now if you so desire. I just hop across different games. They all have their virtues and weaknesses, but that doesn't prevent me from having a good time with any of them. More importantly, that sort of variety is great. You know what they say: Variety is the spice of life. Last thing I want is a bunch of homogenized titles trying to outdo eachother at the same thing.
05/13/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Reijax
Just saying... I'd pay it.

That's not a bad price for two classes, but I might be reluctant to purchase it this time around due to minor grievances I have with the game. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing Diablo 3 or I wouldn't be here! But I would love to see them do more to balance the game for existing classes/gear, increase build diversity, give more purpose to currently unused affixes, new sets that are not as narrow as existing ones, new legendary items with cool affixes to inspire new builds, and give us more reasons to play the game outside of any version of rifts. Even having a few of these things addressed would be wonderful, I know they wouldn't possibly get them all.

Throwing more classes at us won't really fix those underlying issues or others some other folks pointed out. If I knew for sure that the money would go to further development of Diablo III and not just go to HotS or OW development I'd be more inclined to buy it.
We don't need more classes. Just to refresh memory to any Diablo old timer players, when D2 brought Ubers, Clones, Jewels and rune words into a single patch, it was probably the most greatest thing that happens to the world of Diablo ever. It wasn't about new char, it was about new content that was surpassing all knowledge we had of the game.

God dam we need the same now...
05/14/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Nimrod
If PoE is so great then why didn't I like it? I think it is crap. See how that works? 2 different people, and two different opinions. Great and fun are subjective. They depend on the person playing the game. I like D3 for what it is, and I don't care what other's say about it. I like it so I play it now and then. I have many other games as well which I also find fun. Are you going to say they are crap also? Does it really matter so much to you, PowerCosmic?

If you enjoyed D2 but don’t like PoE, it’s pretty obvious why and only experienced players of both games understand why. Of course everyone is entitled to their own, you’re just reading into this too hard. Peace.
05/14/2018 06:30 AMPosted by DonMartin
I can picture the druid now: Shape shift skill on a 2 min CD for a 10 second buff.
Don't worry! A 6-piece-bonus will make the skill permanent and will increase the skill's damage by 20,000 %.
Heck Yes I would too, I am frothing at the mouth for new content (Story, Chapters, Classes). Blizzard Please make it Happen!
Ok I get it. For starters, Blizz should make their limited time offers aka yearly events like Tristram, accessible full time. This will give die hards more content right! Next step would be to get some sort of news on the front page about future events, even crumbs will do. Finally, the sky’s the limit when all fans old and new come and take a look, more project funding from head office to make a new D4. No need for small add on to an aged game. Oh yeah all fans rejoice!
Same as long as they add new zones, mobs, new gear, maybe some extra stuff.
I will pay too :D
05/13/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Reijax
Just saying... I'd pay it.

Will not buy anything that doesn’t fix the issues this game has!

Have no interest in playing multiple classes. I got my main picked since launch and sticking to it.

Have plenty money to throw at them just not gonna support this bs of a milking with out putting any effort to bring core fans back

If you need stash tabs then you are probably keeping crap you don’t really need
Will it come with 4 more stash tabs? If so, sold!

Someone asked what we would do differently with the game. For starters, I'd hugely nerf everything. No more 5000% damage buff to six piece sets. No more 1000 main stat and vitality to level 70 armor. Bring everything back down to vanilla level stats.

Make the skills themselves the power. The sets should add unique abilities or enhancements, but not make or break the character. This would open up weapon and armor choices along with more skill diversity
i would 100% not
05/14/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Pycckue
Have no interest in playing multiple classes. I got my main picked since launch and sticking to it.

Why post to general at all? There is a barbarian section you can go to.
Will pay €50 for D4 ...