M6 Multishot GR110+ New Build Guides

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
06/22/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Coltovsky
We all know, that heal potion must heal you, not multiply buged snapshot damage, right?

How does it work?
06/22/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Coltovsky
Demon Hunter realy need some buffs, but not the buged ones.

I've learned very fast from history: the class has lagged behind others for several seasons; group buffs were nerfed, the 4-man situation is no longer great and class balance buffs are spread too far apart keep regular players motivated.

We all expected a PTR for S14, but we instead we got double goblins. Are you satisfied with double goblins? It reinforces the point of publicizing the build and it brought me satisfaction knowing this setup could help people stay interested by trying something new. It's wonky sure, but it's not unbalanced like the exploits you mentioned.

In PTR, the devs get feedback, and they try to implement solutions correctly, but sometimes they cannot anticipate the outcome, and it takes a really long time for the status of any class to correct itself. (longer than it's worth for many, it'll be like 9 months at the end of this season). Furthermore, the builds we played yesterday, often get missed.

For me, the takeaway is to play what you can right now. Plus, it makes for stronger leverage should we see a day when they strip it.
Playing somewhat devils advocate here, I don't think anyone has any issues with the build itself, but there will be players that will be against the idea of any build revolving around an exploit. I don't think it's fair nor is it logical to lash out at players wanting to see any "bannable" mechanics go, however imo I think we should separate the opinions from facts.

1. Fun Factor: Subjective and thus an opinion. As someone said above, not everyone enjoys a window burst build.

2. Ruin build diversity: Opinion. This has not been out long enough for a clear answer. Given the fact that it's not for everyone, I doubt all players will jump ship especially if the build isn't at least 5+ GR's ahead of the others, therefore I don't think this will negate other builds currently (my opinion of course).

3. Strongest DH build: Opinion. Out of all, this is probably the closest one to possibly becoming a fact, but it's still too early to tell.

4. Cheating: Fact. Unlike 3rd party software, this is a bug that is at fault of blizzard and players are only taking advantage of whats given in game. It is however, clearly against ToS and a bannable offense for knowingly using an exploit and thus at the base level it is technically cheating.

Debating opinions is usually a great thing as long as it remains kosher. It is impossible to debate facts with opinions or feelings in an attempt to create a truth (well, you "can" but it's silly and you'll never win that).

It has been a long time since we've seen this amount of creativity and theory-crafting on these boards and that in itself is amazing and I think that part should continue. Though I also believe if you plan on partaking in this build, you can't be sensitive at those who dislike the exploit surrounding it as there's no logical counterarguments to what it is at the foundation. Instead of lashing out at them, which overall is bad for the community, own up to it and continue the theory-crafting while it still exists.
The potion snapshot is a bug you can't avoid while playing the game normally, so banning anyone simply because they happen to potion at the right time all the time doesn't really make sense, especially with the small impact it has on the overall strength of the class. So the only options Blizz has are either leaving it as it is or fixing it completely and banishing M6 Multishot into the depths of unusable. The likelyhood of either outcome is hard to estimate, given how Blizz has abandoned D3 by now on one side, and their strict "potions are for healing only" policy on the other side.

I also think that it won't ruin build diversity, for those that seriously wanted to push R1 spots the choice should have been UE anyway, and for those more slow-paced players N6M4 which is very similar in strength and easier on the execution. For anyone outside of the top 5 or so, you could have chosen more than a handful of builds and still get to frontpage without fishing too much. The slightly stronger M6 with snapshot doesn't really change any of this, it just makes it clear which build you'll have to play for R1 pushes, and everyone else will still play their favorite build. On top of that, it's a very high skill-cap build and thus makes a good choice for a build that the top players could use to compete against each other.

Coltovsky, there was a total of one player high up on any leaderboard (on EU) that used the S2/N6 exploit for a long time, no one else could use it and no one really considered his clears legit or even worth paying attention to. DH + Necro exploit was a whole lot different, since it was actually breaking the game and annuling one of the game's fundamental designs (hit monsters based on your character's damage until they die). The big difference is, everyone can play M6 with the potion, and it's currently revitalizing the DH leaderboards and forums a little bit after they had been so stale for many months now. What's there not to like? I'd take an exciting build like this over raw number buffs without any new playstyles any day.

dmkt, I forgot to add in my last post: Elite damage is actually a very strong stat and in certain cases 1% elite could be considered better than 1% overall damage, since trash lives longer thus giving you more AD to actually finish off elites, especially in the good rifts where you have enough room and time to kill them. One of the main shortcomings on current itemization actually is that we have too little access to elite damage, it could solve a lot of problems in the endgame.
06/22/2018 12:46 PMPosted by wudijo
dmkt, I forgot to add in my last post: Elite damage is actually a very strong stat and in certain cases 1% elite could be considered better than 1% overall damage, since trash lives longer thus giving you more AD to actually finish off elites, especially in the good rifts where you have enough room and time to kill them. One of the main shortcomings on current itemization actually is that we have too little access to elite damage, it could solve a lot of problems in the endgame.

That's a good tip, i was sad to see my Primal Yangs/Rucksack had neither AD or Elite%. Having both of these affixes would have been awesome. I suppose rolling Elite% without AD could just as well work too.
06/22/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Rudi1337
Not sure if the potion blast could also be abused with Shi Mizu (EW-set, RorG cubed) and paragon swapping.

In theory you could setup the pull with 20k Vit, get 100% crits on your nukes with max area damage + other extra stats (instead of crit chance) and maybe even drop WoC or Garwulf for something like Strongarms with knockback as secondary.

I tested it, I ran with 10k vitality (1.6M hp and 525M standing toughness. I lost about 2k dex due to a few items not having augments. I still had Crit Hit Chance rolls on one ring and amulet, i didn't have a practical substitute for those items. With Endless Walk, I found myself in control of my health. But the damage wasn't there, even with decent density, it wasn't enough. It was fun to play and surprisingly manageable. Maybe someone else will have better experience with it?
06/22/2018 08:11 AMPosted by wudijo
Coltovsky, you haven't even pushed properly since LoN FoK times, I don't see why you're complaining about the fact that we have a new and exciting build to play right now. Maybe log in and try it out? It's fun! M6 was already pretty dead but at least usable with Cluster Arrow before. M6 Multishot was simply outclassed by UE and pretty much the same playstyle anyway. Here we have something really new and that was definitely needed after seasons of N6/M4 and UE dominance. All we'd need now is to bring down this build's damage by maybe 20-25% and it would be perfect.

It's a man with heavy form of envy. Tries to justify his lazy by the actions of others. He do not have any high tier video becauce of paragon macros. But it is realy hilarios to watch the cheater whos indignat by cheating. He was twice banned in the eu official forum a couple of years ago. It does not look like he has grown since that time. Try to ignore him and maybe he will recover from envy and laziness.
Hello hater.
06/23/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Косоруч0к
He do not have any high tier video becauce of paragon macros.

I dont stream or record high tier videos, cause have bad pc.
Any proofs of macros? Sure not, cause I never use any programms in this game, only numlock.

p.s. marked as trolling
Eh, the only complain I have about this build is that even if I do eventually 118 with my N6 FoK, I won't be top3 anymore ;(
06/29/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Tares
Eh, the only complain I have about this build is that even if I do eventually 118 with my N6 FoK, I won't be top3 anymore ;(

Well, you get the impressive bonus tag.

Do you think you can pull it off? We'd all enjoy seeing a ridiculous clear with N6 FoK. Go for it!

Should just go for it anyways if you find it fun. I mean, literally nothing happens if you're top 3, top 25, top 100 or even appearing on the leader-boards. It becomes moot with a hard-cap dead-end at the end of the day.

Might as well go for it for !@#$s and giggles, just cuz you can, you know?
Yea, I can do it. I've missed 117 few times by some seconds and it wasn't even that good map. The thing is, that I don't play diablo anymore. Last thing that kept me here was pushing my solo n6 fok getting to know I could be competitive with build no one else played but me. Now, I'll be just somewhere in the sea of top100s :(
06/29/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Tares
Yea, I can do it. I've missed 117 few times by some seconds and it wasn't even that good map. The thing is, that I don't play diablo anymore. Last thing that kept me here was pushing my solo n6 fok getting to know I could be competitive with build no one else played but me. Now, I'll be just somewhere in the sea of top100s :(

On the NA boards there is still a healthy mix in the top 10; no N6 FoK though -- only a few big paragon on EU have adopted M6 Multishot.

For what it is worth, it is hard to win GR118 with this build, most players won't see it unless they invest the time and master the sentry placement technique.

The physical rune in large & open maps won't kill off majority of elites without the help of a conduit and a power pylon certainly helps seal the deal at RG. GR117 has been fishy at my paragon with Physical, I've gotten great festering/battlefields/spires maps, but found myself at exit with 4 half dead elites and 4-5% progress over the timer. It is now a game of persistence.

Tares, after the dust settles, you'll still be the only N6 FoK champion. At 118, i bet you'll finish in the Top 10 by season end. Hopefully a new PTR makes it all positively irrelevant. Keep playing bud.
06/30/2018 05:53 AMPosted by dmkt
most players won't see it unless

... blizzard blue post.

Till that time its abusing buged mechanic and right against ToS.
06/30/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Coltovsky
06/30/2018 05:53 AMPosted by dmkt
most players won't see it unless

... blizzard blue post.

Till that time its abusing buged mechanic and right against ToS.

You've already voiced your concerns with this mechanic and you're not wrong, though
there's nothing against the ToS about simply discussing theory at this point around well known bugs i believe.

Considering the nature of this bug, this will be around for a bit before blizz (if blizz) responds and decides whether to apply a fix or not.
Hopefully we hear something from blizzard soon on this but I doubt it, its honestly not that hard to just tell us if we can use it or if they intend to fix it. Then I can know if I can keep pushing UE or if I need to farm new gear lul
Hi, I'm a fairly average D3 player, and I've been following this thread for a while, but had a question...

When running the M6 multi-shot/ potion/ snapshot build, do you need a specific potion, or will any legendary potion do?
07/01/2018 01:25 PMPosted by kosstheboss
Hopefully we hear something from blizzard soon on this but I doubt it, its honestly not that hard to just tell us if we can use it or if they intend to fix it. Then I can know if I can keep pushing UE or if I need to farm new gear lul

You're in a tough spot because you're currently #1 with a not easy to reproduce UE6 physical clear. If you go M6 Multishot and outdo your current clear, no one will remember it (except us).

If i were you -- I'd augment the set (you can probably recycle it for M6 cluster bombs / N6M4 should M6 Multishot disappear). If someone beats your high score, then reclaim it with M6 Multishot.

There are new names on the NA leaderboard, be ready for the competition.
What's the deal with elemental and diminishing returns again? I'm running +80% fire and seeing zero change from +40% fire. Thanks in advance.