Botting Issue Fixed yet?

General Discussion
Hello,
I haven't played in a long time.
I was playing another game, but my main char was nerfed so bad, I quit and haven't played since. That game had no bots by the way. None whatsoever.

Now I am wondering, is d3 still a bot haven, or have they finally fixed the issue?
no answers... I'm outta here ... again
05/20/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Love
no answers... I'm outta here ... again

No one cares
LOL so u thought anyone would answer you like instantly...
Game is kinda dead if you compare with a few years/seasons ago. There's nothing new for about 6months and bots still run free.
7 minutes? that's all you gave everyone?

later!

and yes, there is still a large botting cheating player-base. Blizzard has tried to keep up on it, at least they used to, they are having a hard time keeping up with newer bots that aren't detected as easily, and it's hard for the one chimp left to check for these things.
If it wasnt for bots there would be no public games. Bots are everywhere, all rifts, grifts, and especially bounties. Bots rule the game,
It's quite unreasonable to expect getting an answer in just 7 minutes. This is not chat, this a forum and people here don't spam F5 constantly. It can sometimes take a long time for thread to be noticed and answer given.

Blizzard released two tiny patches this year to scramble things and prevent bots and other cheats from working. First patch came just prior to S13 start and the second one just couple weeks ago, accompanied with a banwave. Don't know the current state of bots but I suspect the patch helped only temporary. The thing is, fight against third party software is a never-ending battle but at least Blizzard still is in the fight.
05/20/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Love
Hello,
I haven't played in a long time.
I was playing another game, but my main char was nerfed so bad, I quit and haven't played since. That game had no bots by the way. None whatsoever.

Now I am wondering, is d3 still a bot haven, or have they finally fixed the issue?

Still bot fest but some are banned
A couple years ago most posts on this forum made would run down front page in a couple hours at most.
Now the same posts are on front page after 24 hours and longer.

In my mind this is simple, ..... less people are playing and posting in D3 forum.

This is a content driven game, which is why less people are playing it.
no, everyone can bot for free and no one is getting banned :)
05/23/2018 01:30 AMPosted by lib

The banwave couple weeks ago would suggest otherwise.
Bots are everywhere. Its a BOTFEST. Dont even try ladders unless you got a good bot.
Thanks guys
Yes I was really impatient back then because I was deciding which game to play. I was just frustrated. And back when I used to play, the replies on these forums would come within seconds so I was used to that.
I thought I was being ignored so I left; but the thing is, the population in the forums has probably just decreased and it wasn't that I was being ignored.
Back then if no one replied for 7 mins, yes you were being ignored :D

Anyways, thanks all
Very happy with everyone's replies because either they were funny or informative.

Anyways, thanks all.
I will probably be back when FERAL druid drops

Right now I am playing a different game though.

Assassin, Stealth, 2-Handed Weapon, Space ... ARPG ... :P
maximum dodge, maximum movement speed, maximum crit, tons of HP+shield
WARHAMMER 40,000: INQUISITOR - MARTYR
Yes I paid $50 for it because I NEED MY FIX GUYS I NEED MY FIX

Thanks to all

Before that I was playing Kritika online, but I left once they nerfed my OVERPOWERED character.

I only like to play when I'm OVERPOWERED :D hehehehe
05/23/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Kirottu
05/23/2018 01:30 AMPosted by lib

The banwave couple weeks ago would suggest otherwise.

is 3 people considered a wave?
Botting is a cat and mouse game that will never end. Every time the cat (Blizz) comes up with a unique way of getting rid of the mice (bots). The bot makers (mice) figure out ways of getting around what the cat (Blizz) done.
05/25/2018 08:22 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Botting is a cat and mouse game that will never end. Every time the cat (Blizz) comes up with a unique way of getting rid of the mice (bots). The bot makers (mice) figure out ways of getting around what the cat (Blizz) done.

That is because Blizzard doesn't permanently ban accounts until they've done it a few times. The botters aren't afraid to lose their accounts.
05/23/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Eyan
is 3 people considered a wave?

Judging by how many people disappeared from the leaderboards I think it was a proper banwave, not just couple random bans.
05/25/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Duckypoo
05/25/2018 08:22 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

That is because Blizzard doesn't permanently ban accounts until they've done it a few times. The botters aren't afraid to lose their accounts.

Look even if every account that was truly caught using bots and the person that was botting was the actual owner. Even if they are perma banned. There would be nothing preventing them from getting another account and in time getting right back to where they were before the perma ban. We are talking about the most persistant of botters.
'Fixed' is a bit up to interpretation. A quick way to see if they are sitting on their hands or not is to check 4-man leaderboard. If there's missing players, there's your proof Blizzard is banning botting.
Way more bots than players.