Application encountered an unexpected error

Technical Support
Application encountered an unexpected error. Keep getting this error when I try to launch. 478BCA0B-6BF2-4DEE-A07A-817D920BE8C3
Main thing I'm seeing the crash logs is going to be this:
DBG-MODULE<00007FFA857B0000 00069000 "OWExplorer.dll"
That's generally part of Overwolf. If you have that program installed, let's go ahead and remove it and test. If there's still issues let's grab a DxDiag report.
BB88DC31-6BE2-48C4-A198-1A6A4182AEAF
Diablo 3. Never played it - and i wanna see if i will like it. When i downloaded the game - and tried to run it. It automatically kicks me due to a simular error. How can i resolve it?
Kolgar,

Could you see if uninstalling Discord helps with the crashing? If it does, try putting it back but make sure not to use its overlay feature.
Battle:net loads fine and all my applicable games show on my menu, when I try to start Diablo screen goes to load screen, all grey then back to game selection screen. game will not start after multiple attempts. I am up to date on application also. Any thoughts?
Having the same issue, do not have Overwolf, Dischord or any other comms app.

795628A6-63FD-4823-AADE-B3E0731F0A83
@bolotine
Do you have any Razer peripherals? If so let's make sure Razer Chroma SDK Core Components is uninstalled and give the game another try.

@JarekLeah
Mind posting a DxDiag report as well?
One thing to note, Diablo III does not like most overlays. I am unsure why though, something about sharing the CPU doesn't seem to sit well with the game. Even when I had my AMD graphics card in it the CPU would overheat, not sure why there either, but my idea is that something was up with AMD's drivers. I popped my Nvidia in there (slightly less powerful to boot) and no overheating. Besides, it looks better with my GTX instead of the R9.
It says, (after a hard crash), that Windows will no longer support battlenet. Contact my support in battlenet. I also cannot run my original disc and I have 9 level 70 hardcore characters. Can we restore my game to say 20 minutes ago?
05/23/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Chezzwiz
It says, (after a hard crash), that Windows will no longer support battlenet. Contact my support in battlenet. I also cannot run my original disc and I have 9 level 70 hardcore characters. Can we restore my game to say 20 minutes ago?
05/23/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Chezzwiz

Which Windows OS are you running? XP and Vista are no longer supported by Blizzard games that I know of. They went to Windows 7 and newer.
Application Launch Error:
65B345C3-4E17-4ACF-A18A-6D6216B8EE71