less and less people are playing

General Discussion
Let's make the game even more bot friendly.
05/25/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
05/25/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Chetanji
Pavlo is stating that the only way to get the highest xp is through group effort.
This we all know.
He is on our side wishing there was a way that playing solo could benefit xp wise.

Shouldn't that be obvious though, since groups should, in theory, be able to taken on tougher monsters than a solo player of equal skill/gear? It makes sense groups should get more XP overall compared to a solo player. If a solo player can do the exact same difficulty as a group, just as quickly as a group, AND get the same/more XP, why would anyone play in a group?
Because they want to. Why should anyone be forced to play in a group?
You aren't forced to play in a group. You can play solo if that's what you want, I won't stop you.

Typically a group can (and should) be able to get farther than someone alone or finish the same GR faster than a solo player, even if all the players are equally skilled and equipped. If the majority of the time a solo player can get as far or farther than a group of equal skill/gear, there is something wrong. Since they should be able to do a higher GR or clear the same GR as the solo player faster, they should, over time, acquire more XP. It makes sense.

But to say you're 'being forced into group play' is just silly. That's as silly if I stated I'll be 'forced to play solo' if they up the XP, should it equal or outpace group XP.

TL:DR - It simply makes sense for groups to be capable of getting more XP compared to solo. They should be able to kill things more enemies faster than a solo player of equal skill/gear in the same level GR, as well as should be able to complete a higher slightly higher GR in the same amount of time.
05/25/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
TL:DR - It simply makes sense for groups to be capable of getting more XP compared to solo. They should be able to kill things more enemies faster than a solo player of equal skill/gear in the same level GR, as well as should be able to complete a higher slightly higher GR in the same amount of time.

The point is the disparity between the two is and always has been too large
Like who bots diablo 3?
Seriously...you turn it on...go to work/college/pre-k and come home from work to your 2016 laptop with a GTX running a bot?

One day...a cowoker stops over after work...she is really attractive...she asks to check her Insta on your laptop (her iphone10+ with the sparkly-gold-case's battery is low...).

Your coworker says: "Whats goin-on with your lappy? I need Insta now!!"
She's even poured a glass of wine for both of you...lit a candle...

You say to your coworker: "I'm sorry...I play computer games...that ok?"

She says: "Oh I don't care don't bother me...I think its cute! How come it won't let me x-out tho...I need 'gram real bad now!!"

You say to your cowoker: "I'm sorry...you can't x-out because my Diablo 3 bot is running...when I go to work I have this running so I get major Paragon in Diablo 3 everyone quit playing in 2013...like this bot allows me to save time in my extracurricular activity...I am the man!!"

Your coworker - Doesn't say anything...dumps her Pino-G all over your GTX 750Ti (it's Ti it's boss)....barfs all over your face...then snaps a pic of u n ur bot to her Insta…

The dream!
05/23/2018 11:21 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES
Really Pavlo ? You with your P6320 are concerned about getting too low XP ? ^^

Good one :)

Well.. he is trying to catch up with his friend who is P8000!
What he doesn't yet realise, more XP will only widen the gap! :-o
05/23/2018 03:08 AMPosted by PavloGolubev
Since the game player count is getting lower and lower, can we increase the exp for solos...Just like in Vanilla when we ran Archon wiz and cleared random acts. Playing solo means you don't have to rely on anyone for exp. Please consider this.
Look, pal, You are over P6300. Your gems are over R140. Seriously? I think you are done with this game.
05/23/2018 03:15 AMPosted by SancticuS
People have been asking for a more rewarding solo experience since launch. I highly doubt they will suddenly change it now.
And since launch, Blizzard has increased the amount of XP that solo players earn three times, and decreased the amount that groups earn twice.

How long have you been playing this game?
05/25/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Zeddicuus

Shouldn't that be obvious though, since groups should, in theory, be able to taken on tougher monsters than a solo player of equal skill/gear? It makes sense groups should get more XP overall compared to a solo player. If a solo player can do the exact same difficulty as a group, just as quickly as a group, AND get the same/more XP, why would anyone play in a group?

You know long ago, people went to the effort of going round to their friend's house, to play a game together, simply because it was fun to play with other people...

That aside, sure groups should be able to get higher XP due to being able to kill tougher monsters, etc, however that is a totally different thing from giving bonus XP simply for playing in a group, having "solo" leaderboards that are decided by group play, etc.

One of the reasons another similar game has become very much more successful than D3 is precisely because it is far more friendly to solo (and in fact duo) players than D3, guess what most players don't spend all their time (or nearly all their time) playing games in a group, the vast majority of gamers play solo/duo either all of the time or a for a significant amount of the time.
Pavlo, will you continue playing when you hit 10k paragon?
05/27/2018 09:23 AMPosted by OWD
Pavlo, will you continue playing when you hit 10k paragon?

Pavlo does contest of how much paragon one can reach in an entire lifetime :D