Can anyone confirm Sir William still in game?

General Discussion
I have spent so much time running through whimsyshire I am getting burnt out on Diablo and I am ready to punch through my monitor. Can someone confirm that they got the portrait from Sir William this season?
Also, is the spawn rate known?
Sir William is still a super rare RNG spawn rate ... similar to Princess Lillian. I have only seen him once since he was announced. No mention that Rainbow Portrait was removed, so assume it is still available. It is still listed in the master list : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20744844485
A few months ago during this season, I must've ran about 200 runs between Torment 10-13 before I decided to switch to Normal Difficulty mode in non-season. Within 6 runs on Normal I finally got him. Yes, this boss is still around along with the portrait frame drop.

Mind you, this boss spawn IS NOT DEPENDANT ON ANY UNIQUE (Super Awesome Sparkle Cake, Evil Oliver, or whatever other ones out there) so best to do full map clears.

Yes, the frustration is there while hunting Sir William, but at least you only have to endure the agony once, and once you get it, the feeling is pretty good that you persevered and didn't give up!

Spawn rate I would guess would be around 1-2% range, about the same as Princess Lillian as mentioned earlier by GRAVEHEART.
he is still there a friend finaly got is portrait 2days ago the jerk im still farming
05/23/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Poseidon
I have spent so much time running through whimsyshire I am getting burnt out on Diablo and I am ready to punch through my monitor. Can someone confirm that they got the portrait from Sir William this season?

Got my first rainbow gob last night in S13, alas no William for portrait, no Lillian for wings, no Hamburger, no Spectrum sword...(not that I have seen any of these NS EVER either). At least I loaded up on mats/gems.

Make it worse, about 30 minutes later got a 2nd rainbow gob in a bounty and was hooting it up thinking maybe this is the time...killed him and no portal, forgot only one portal instance per game.
You Realize that;

Sir William, is a Unique found in Whimsyshire (only Whimsyshire, NOT in Whimsydale) in Act I. You need the Staff of Herding to open Whimsyshire

Rainbow Goblins open a portal to Whimsydale.
I got rainbow portrait years ago. It’s pretty awesome.
If I get the portrait in Non-season I can use it during new seasons I'm assuming?
Yes you can, just like all other Wardrobe cosmetics.

The only limitation with the Wardrobe cosmetics between season and non-season are the portrait frames unlocked by paragon levels. Those unlocks are exclusive to each mode. Everything else is always available regardless of the gamemode.
@OP - i got two accounts, played ma butt off with my primary to get liv moore, no luck. On the second account which i only logged in very occasionally, liv moore dropped while i wasnt even seriously playing but testing graphics settings.

End of song: Its all totally random. Stuff can drop fast, not so fast or just never.
I feel you mate, 500 clears and counting.
05/23/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Poseidon
I am getting burnt out on Diablo and I am ready to punch through my monitor.

Take a break. What's the rush?
I found Sir William on 9/20/18. The difficulty was normal and I was using a WD chicken build.

Over the last few months, I've been visiting threads like this. I just wanted someone to tell me that SW was still in the game and I wasn't wasting my time. I can confirm for you all that, as of last week, he's still there.

gl to those still looking.
12-5-2018

Confirm kill. While farming him I gained 9 Paragon levels. 710-719.
Did anyone find him recently? Is the drop still white or is it a legendary drop like all other cosmetics?

All older posts mentions its a white drop.
I just found him about 3 or 4 days ago. It took me roughly between 300-400 runs. I normally did 10-20 runs at a time since he was released when I felt like farming it.

I can confirm the drop is STILL WHITE.
After numerous attempts at T13, I switched to normal difficulty and found him on my second run today. Drop is still white.
Yes. Got it a few months ago myself. Just keep at it. At least you don't have to look for a Rainbow Goblin first before entering the realm.

Imagine having to do that and having equally low chance of getting the cosmic wings even after you've spent a few hours/days looking for a rainbow goblin.

Rainbow portrait is a piece of cake compared to that.
Can confirm(Season 15). Just took me a solid 30 runs before obtaining.