where is my update with pvp system

Brawling
1 2 3 9 Next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2r3ZNNmO8
I'm waiting until today.
01/29/2015 08:18 AMPosted by Grimmig
Think there was a blue post years ago that said that further development of pvp was put on indefinite hiatus and that they will be focusing on PVE. Basically brawling is pretty much all you are going to get.

History lesson time:

A couple months before vanilla D3 launches, Blizzard announces on the website that the team-based arena-style PVP is being delayed because they want to get the game out ASAP and it doesn't make sense to prevent those who don't care about PVP from playing the PVE side of things, but they are still totally going to be working on it and add it in for free in a later patch. Makes sense.

Over the next few months there are a handful of updates and posts about the status of PVP, then some delays, then another news update or two, then 'Brawling' is released as an admittedly barebones, 0 functionality game mode that is simply there to tide people over with basic dueling while Blizzard continue to work on the full PVP mode.

A couple of months later, without much fanfare or ever showing the product to the public, Blizzard announces that they are placing the team-based arena-style PVP on hold "indefinitely" after claiming that they "just couldn't make it fun" according to Blizzard standards.

Since then, Blizzard has not bothered to once update the Brawling game mode since releasing it. Not even to adjust the damage reduction % (I think it's 60%?) after ROS was released. Players damage capabilities at level 70 are much higher than they were at level 60, but our health values haven't increased proportionately. So by leaving the damage reduction at the pre-ROS levels, brawling is pretty much a one-shot-kill mode now.

Somewhere in the middle of all of that Heroes of the Storm released and 1001 theories as to why the original PVP mode advertised with D3V never saw the light of day. Mostly though, the people who cared about it and offered some pretty decent and easy to implement brawling improvements have all left the game because they know they'll never see it and those that are left simply groan and roll their eyes when it's brought up.

Apologies for not bothering to look up dates and patch numbers, but it's not like those details would really add anything to my already convoluted summary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5p424p/why_is_there_no_pvp_to_diablo_3/
You can wait until Hillary is President. Ain't gonna' happen, luckily.
06/09/2018 04:41 PMPosted by SilverFox

Somewhere in the middle of all of that Heroes of the Storm released
And that's all she wrote..
06/09/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Pégaso
I'm waiting until today.

So you have been waiting patiently for 6 years and today is the day you are finally fed up?
06/09/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Alexismad
I'm waiting until today.

So you have been waiting patiently for 6 years and today is the day you are finally fed up?

No, in the sixth year I was silent, I promised to complain only in the eighth.
01/29/2015 08:18 AMPosted by Grimmig
Think there was a blue post years ago that said that further development of pvp was put on indefinite hiatus and that they will be focusing on PVE. Basically brawling is pretty much all you are going to get.

[quote]History lesson time:

A couple months before vanilla D3 launches, Blizzard announces on the website that the team-based arena-style PVP is being delayed because they want to get the game out ASAP and it doesn't make sense to prevent those who don't care about PVP from playing the PVE side of things, but they are still totally going to be working on it and add it in for free in a later patch. Makes sense.

Over the next few months there are a handful of updates and posts about the status of PVP, then some delays, then another news update or two, then 'Brawling' is released as an admittedly barebones, 0 functionality game mode that is simply there to tide people over with basic dueling while Blizzard continue to work on the full PVP mode.

A couple of months later, without much fanfare or ever showing the product to the public, Blizzard announces that they are placing the team-based arena-style PVP on hold "indefinitely" after claiming that they "just couldn't make it fun" according to Blizzard standards.

Since then, Blizzard has not bothered to once update the Brawling game mode since releasing it. Not even to adjust the damage reduction % (I think it's 60%?) after ROS was released. Players damage capabilities at level 70 are much higher than they were at level 60, but our health values haven't increased proportionately. So by leaving the damage reduction at the pre-ROS levels, brawling is pretty much a one-shot-kill mode now.

Somewhere in the middle of all of that Heroes of the Storm released and 1001 theories as to why the original PVP mode advertised with D3V never saw the light of day. Mostly though, the people who cared about it and offered some pretty decent and easy to implement brawling improvements have all left the game because they know they'll never see it and those that are left simply groan and roll their eyes when it's brought up.

Apologies for not bothering to look up dates and patch numbers, but it's not like those details would really add anything to my already convoluted summary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5p424p/why_is_there_no_pvp_to_diablo_3/

Thanks for the post! I posted here just to remind the blizzard that I keep waiting.

I will not forget their promise, even if they try to discourage everyone.
06/09/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Pégaso

You forgetting or not forgetting isn't the issue.

They have chosen not to do anything more to it. That's pretty much it. Like it or not, forget it or not, its not going to be added. Regardless what was said in that thread based on facts from half a decade ago.

Game on.
06/09/2018 05:21 PMPosted by DTMAce
06/09/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Pégaso

They have chosen not to do anything more to it. That's pretty much it. Like it or not, forget it or not, its not going to be added. Regardless what was said in that thread based on facts from half a decade ago.

Game on.

Your opinion is not a problem either, I'm still waiting. I will also continue to complain and remember the blizzard of the promise. I do not care about lovers.
06/09/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Pégaso
06/09/2018 05:21 PMPosted by DTMAce

Game on.

Your opinion is not a problem either, I'm still waiting. I will also continue to complain and remember the blizzard of the promise. I do not care about lovers.

Well, enjoy waiting. Kinda reminds me of that movie Beetlejuice, at the end, where he is waiting in the lobby. And he has a ticket number like several million, and they are just then serving like number 4. Hilarious.
06/09/2018 05:49 PMPosted by DTMAce
06/09/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Pégaso

Well, enjoy waiting. Kinda reminds me of that movie Beetlejuice, at the end, where he is waiting in the lobby. And he has a ticket number like several million, and they are just then serving like number 4. Hilarious.

I do not know, but I'm glad to have fun. I noticed you have fun with anything, that explains a lot.
Stay calm, I'll keep waiting!
06/09/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Pégaso
06/09/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Alexismad

Then you need to wait 2 more years and take a math class.
I'm waiting until today.

First video Published on Jan 3, 2011 Second video Published on May 3, 2011. The time to get over it has come long ago.

It has been a little while since we last saw the pvp whining threads though so I guess we were overdue for one. Good lord pvp players are the biggest bunch of crybabies in gaming, especially blizzard games.
06/09/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Orrion
06/09/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Pégaso

I would like to introduce you to blizzcon 2010.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQTN9IkDWI
People see in others the faults they hate most in themselves.
Be patient, I will complain and remember in this same forum for many years, get used to it, hater. S2
06/09/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Dietrich
I'm waiting until today.

First video Published on Jan 3, 2011 Second video Published on May 3, 2011. The time to get over it has come long ago.

It has been a little while since we last saw the pvp whining threads though so I guess we were overdue for one. Good lord pvp players are the biggest bunch of crybabies in gaming, especially blizzard games.

Your post is so fantastic that it deserves this reply. Congratulations.
06/09/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Pégaso
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Be patient, I will complain and remember in this same forum for many years, get used to it, hater. S2

Game launched in 2012, not 2010. Sorry.

Besides, even if I granted you that.. Blizzcon is in November, so you’d need to wait 5 more months in any case.

So.. again, math class time!

Besides, even if I granted you that.. Blizzcon is in November, so you’d need to wait 5 more months in any case.

The topic is about my waiting, not about the launch. Illiteracy on the rise here.
06/09/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Pégaso

The topic is about my waiting, not about the launch. Illiteracy on the rise here.

Do you really want to get into how badly you’ve abused the English language in your posts thus far?

Blizzard has said no PvP for D3. It’s done, and you need to get over it. Badly.

Do you really want to get into how badly you’ve abused the English language in your posts thus far?

Blizzard has said no PvP for D3. It’s done, and you need to get over it. Badly.

Again you are wrong, and you are wrong just by being an illiterate.

"...But as I mentioned before, we are going back to the drawing board on a new replacement for Team Deathmatch, something that feels more appropriate for Diablo III. And as we stated previously, regardless of when we release it, it'll be a free addition to the game. Team Deathmatch provided us with the foundation that we needed and served us well. Hell, it may even still be added in some form in the future. For now, though, we're going to first be looking at new modes that play up to the strengths of the character classes, focus on objectives beyond just defeating other players, and possibly even integrate PvE elements and rewards...
--Jay"
06/09/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Pégaso
Again you are wrong, and you are wrong just by being an illiterate.

"...But as I mentioned before, we are going back to the drawing board on a new replacement for Team Deathmatch, something that feels more appropriate for Diablo III. And as we stated previously, regardless of when we release it, it'll be a free addition to the game. Team Deathmatch provided us with the foundation that we needed and served us well. Hell, it may even still be added in some form in the future. For now, though, we're going to first be looking at new modes that play up to the strengths of the character classes, focus on objectives beyond just defeating other players, and possibly even integrate PvE elements and rewards...
--Jay"

This whole thread is a major facepalm. I'm out.