Deathwish rarity.

Wizard
I've now done 6 dozen upgrades, tons of Rinehart, Fulminator, SoH, but zero Deathwish.

Is this the rarest drop sword?
In my experience, every item is super rare when you're looking for it.
It's rare for sure, but keep trying, and eventually you'll get one.
06/04/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Nisciunu
It's rare for sure, but keep trying, and eventually you'll get one.

Obviously. I just thought that I remembered that Fulminator and Rimeheart were VERY rare, and I literally have pulled 10 of each, and still no Deathwish at 105 upgrades...

Slow going.
Maybe shoulda saved the one you put in cube? Just play DMO or Archon until you find it.
06/04/2018 10:50 AMPosted by cknopp
I've now done 6 dozen upgrades, tons of Rinehart, Fulminator, SoH, but zero Deathwish.
I'm not surprised...

The sword loot pool is polluted by way too many useless items nowadays, I wish they'd remove some of them. Who needs Devil's Tongue, Bonesaber, Wildwood, Monster Hunter, Silaria's Gift or Exarian when they literally have nothing good to offer. Okay, Silaria has at least 5 primaries but the extra is Movement Speed which is almost as nasty as a native socket.

I'm pretty pissed myself. Tell you what, I upgraded like 1500 Swords now and I got primal Severs - three of them! They rolled ideal stats, had one been a DW I would be grinning from ear to ear. Not to mention two primal Bonesabers of the same caliber and some insta salvage junk. On the other hand basically every single DW I got was bad beyond belief (either 1900-2200 dps normal junk or ancient but extremely low legendary affix and crappy rolls). The only usable DW is the one I wear atm and I'm not happy since it rolled attack speed + socket which made it impossible to get rid of the attack speed roll). Not to mention reforging results... nasty costs, no success either - and I literally use every single act mat I farm to reforge an extra DW. So,
06/04/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Nisciunu
...yeah. The built-in "desire sensor" of this game is pretty effective.

I will keep trying but if things continue like this I think I will have all primal gear in every other slot before seeing a nice Deathwish.
Cubed one was right after cube became available, long time ago.

Its just more grinding, as always with D3. I find my entire gaming existence over the last 3 years in this game to be relentlessly doing never-ending tedious things just to be able to ACTUALLY do what I want to do.
Just had this drop (on my DH while farming upgrade mats)...

It is ancient, and I have Added the socket. Anyone care to tell me if its worth re-rolling, or better to just reforge?

What stats are we aiming for on this weapon for the build? Is AD a big deal for the Meteor splash?

Currently, I'm expecting to re-roll the damage range...

TYVM.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/cknopp-1132/hero/75506492
mmm, you were unlucky: resource cost could be useful, for Tal'rasha at least, but there are more important stats like %damage; AD is good to have but it's very low, sadly.

I also believe the best thing to do is re-roll the damage range; I suggest you keep it so that you can at least play the build you wish, until another one drops giving you the chance to reforge the worst one while being able to keep playing with the other.
So, AD and %Damage is best? ATT speed?
06/05/2018 03:00 PMPosted by cknopp
So, AD and %Damage is best? ATT speed?

I'm I my phone, so I cannot see your gear, but ideally you want
Good roll on the affix
High dmg range
%dmg
Int
Use a gift for a socket
After that, it's a toss up between LpH and AD
Tyvm
silly question, but you are rolling the swords when you’re playing a wizard, right?
06/06/2018 07:08 PMPosted by aloc
silly question, but you are rolling the swords when you’re playing a wizard, right?

Ofcourse. I speed 4 GR90s on my N6M4, then spend shards on wiz, and upgrade swords.

I did have a game where I had 6 Karlis daggers drop from those 4 rifts. I just need to find that game for Deathwish!
I got a sweet DW. +260 EXP per kill. Can't top that.
06/04/2018 10:50 AMPosted by cknopp

Is this the rarest drop sword?

I just did 4.. and got it. RNG man RNG
I got a Primal Deathwish with 10cdr unexpected while playing wizard eventhough I want a Chantodo Will. Don’t beat yourself for it. For me I just rift then do gr, level gems to 100s then 110s and so on for augment.