Necromancer overpowered and way too easy now.

Necromancer
Right now I'm a level 9 necromancer and I really do like the special abilities that come with this perk or class. However I now have a permanent retinue of skeleton warriors surrounding me. They can kill a group of my enemies without my assistance. I wish there was a way to disable this. I really don't need this as I already have other powerful abilities that have more than helped me so far.
Later on I might even have Leah and a templar warrior helping me too. So how much power and assistance do I need?
To balance this out I'm going to raise my game level from normal to hard.
Even then it might still be too easy.
Anybody here have any suggestions?

Funny thing is this group of skeletons suddenly popped up out of nowhere as soon as I reached level 9. And I was trying to fight them off thinking they were enemies lol. Damn! and it turns out to be my unecessary group of bodyguards.
I like a little help once in a while but as a necromancer I'm already powerful as it is.
Don't use that skill if you don't like using it. Replace it with something else. Just keep in mind you're only level 9. Soon, you'll hit a difficulty wall.
The entire leveling process through the campaign is basically a giant tutorial. The "real" game doesn't start until you are level 70 in adventure mode.

Right now you can only increase the difficulty a bit, but eventually you can raise the difficulty a lot higher.
Well, you could try using the Golem that comes a few level later. It is only one assistant instead of 7 skeles. It might make you work that extra bit to kill off groups of beasties :). One thing to note, and I only just started to experience this recently, the difficulty ramps up as you go from hard up through the torment difficulties, so maybe the extra meat (bone) shields will be much more help. Go with what you feel works for you in each difficulty, believe me, it is worth it!
05/24/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Siladil
Don't use that skill if you don't like using it. Replace it with something else. Just keep in mind you're only level 9. Soon, you'll hit a difficulty wall.

I don't think I have a choice right now. It came to me automatically. And I can't turn it off.
^

Use elective mode, you reassign another skill.

https://www.diablowiki.net/Elective_mode
05/24/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Ahasuerus
05/24/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Siladil

I don't think I have a choice right now. It came to me automatically. And I can't turn it off.

That is because it is sorta passive. It does have an active skill attached to it though. You can command your skeletons to attack a single target and it doubles their damage. Quite handy in boss battles :).
05/24/2018 08:42 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
^

Just to add extra information: the elective mode will be turned on automatically when reaching level 38 (if I remember correctly). But you can manually turn it on as mentioned by jtcdgroup.
05/24/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Maskraider
05/24/2018 08:42 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
^

Just to add extra information: the elective mode will be turned on automatically when reaching level 38 (if I remember correctly). But you can manually turn it on as mentioned by jtcdgroup.

I did as suggested. Now I can play my character without my group of skeletal bodyguards. That really does improve the gameplay for me. Also I'm going back down from hard to normal for now. Once I have a permanent companion then I'll increase difficulty back up to hard.
Ahasuerus,

You win the "Most noob" award in the history of gaming!

Congratulations!
Omega LOL. Not even having a concrete build and claiming necro is easy.
Report back when u can solo GR 100+ and tell me what you think about necro. You are 10000000000 yrs too early to say anything about necro gameplay.
To OP: As you level up and unlock new skills, you'll find a variety of combinations that can work in terms of power that don't require the skeletons or golem following you. I'm sure you'll find a combination you enjoy while you work your way through the game that will help you prepare for level 70 and the endgame content from there. Good luck!

To those that gave genuine advice to the OP, whom appears to be a new player: Kudos you to for trying to make this community a friendly place!

To those that are just not being nice: You, sir/madam, are the reason the Diablo community has such a horrible reputation. You're not helping the situation at all.
05/24/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Ahasuerus
Right now I'm a level 9 necromancer

You post is going to embarrass you when and if you actually play this great game for hundreds of hours and begin to get a good idea of how this game works.

You remind me of the frog in the well that believes when he jumps across the 3 meter ring of water that he is jumping across the whole world.

Not quite.
05/25/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
To OP: As you level up and unlock new skills, you'll find a variety of combinations that can work in terms of power that don't require the skeletons or golem following you. I'm sure you'll find a combination you enjoy while you work your way through the game that will help you prepare for level 70 and the endgame content from there. Good luck!

To those that gave genuine advice to the OP, whom appears to be a new player: Kudos you to for trying to make this community a friendly place!

To those that are just not being nice: You, sir/madam, are the reason the Diablo community has such a horrible reputation. You're not helping the situation at all.

I don't like helping those who make a statement without making any effort or trying first.

Level 9 is like the first 20mins of playing the game. The problem is that OP thinks by doing something for only a few mins he can make a comment about the state of the world.

It's like someone saying snowboarding is too easy because I just picked it up 5 mins ago and declare it's easy before even trying the bunny slope.

That's just preposterous.
OP, as stated by a few others it becomes far harder once you hit 70. It might actually get tougher for you once you hit the 50+ mark as well. Here is a guide to different builds in order by their strength as well as showing their usefulness in multiplayer or if they are good for solo play.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-builds
I didn't know trolls could be necromancers.
05/25/2018 12:36 PMPosted by HamsterMojo
05/25/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

I don't like helping those who make a statement without making any effort or trying first.

Level 9 is like the first 20mins of playing the game. The problem is that OP thinks by doing something for only a few mins he can make a comment about the state of the world.

It's like someone saying snowboarding is too easy because I just picked it up 5 mins ago and declare it's easy before even trying the bunny slope.

That's just preposterous.

Wouldn't it be more like trying the bunny slope and then saying it's easy?
OP skeletons: unnecessary group of bodyguards. GTFO skeletons, trying to be a Necromancer over here.
New Necro achievement. Level 9.
"I see dead people " :)