Newbie to Avarice Conquest!

General Discussion
Quick note: if you end up trying the boon of the hoarder method, don't use a pet build. It seems that pet killing blows can prevent the gem from working.
I've done it with Corvus the last few times it's come up. It's pretty fun and kind of a "butt-clencher" making sure the streak doesn't end as the number gets close to 50M. It's well worth the try, and the payoff is a nice loud YEAH!
06/20/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Alexismad
It takes 10 TX runs, so 50 cache bags.

Unequip your pet.
Put 30 in your characters inventory.
Open right next to the stash without moving.
Click on the stash without moving.
Transfer the last 20 bags into your characters inventory.
Close the stash and open the other 20 bags without moving.
Move around and collect all the gold.

It still works, that is how I did avarice this season.

also remove all gear have gold radius
06/21/2018 01:26 PMPosted by LouisDragon

that doesn't matter, because it won't pick up until you move. The key is to stand right next to the stash for the transition of the other 20 bags.
06/20/2018 06:13 PMPosted by WCLee
Sorry for my lazy question, anyone know how many T13 cache bags do I need? I don't know how many gold per T13 bag ^^.

I saw on Reddit that it's 1.19M per T13 cache, so you'd need 43 to do the conquest.

Oh! Thanks for your information :)
06/20/2018 09:36 PMPosted by StonePro
Don't follow anyone who tells you to use that stupid Bounty Cache method. You spend half the day collecting them, and if RNG isn't on your side, you still won't make it.

There is no RNG involved whatsoever. The amount of gold in a Bounty cache is fixed, based on the Torment level the bounty was completed on. There is no variation. Every single T13 Bounty cache contains exactly 1,190,000 gold inside. So, 50,000,000 / 1,190,000 = 42.0168, i.e. if you open 43 T13 Bounty caches you'll get Avarice.
^^ LOL...43...I could do Avarice 8 times in the time it takes one guy to farm that many Caches. Granted, there are greater benefits to those 43, but talk about a bore!
06/22/2018 12:53 AMPosted by StonePro
^^ LOL...43...I could do Avarice 8 times in the time it takes one guy to farm that many Caches. Granted, there are greater benefits to those 43, but talk about a bore!

You claimed RNG was a factor.
I proved that claim false.
Deflecting won't change the fact that you were wrong.

I did the cache method because I knew I'd need the bounty materials for extracting the last 20 powers objective and because I still didn't have an ancient weapon, so wanted some for re-forging. I ended up getting a primal necklace in one of the caches, I re-forged my weapon into ancient and re-forged my shield. Those three upgrades took my damage from 1 million to 1.5 million which made finishing off Guardian a lot quicker.
06/21/2018 06:35 AMPosted by HuzyaDaddy
06/21/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Dragonmaster
The reason the bounty way is suggested is that your going to need to run a lot of bounties anyway so you can knock the conquest out at the same time.

This.

People can knock bounties all they want, but it's undeniable that it's a valid way to go. Doing the bounties will take longer, sure... but the mats you get from the bounties is going to help you later in the game (gear re-rolls/upgrades and whatnot) a heck of a lot more than running through Corvus. And in the event that something goes horribly wrong and you somehow manage to screw up the opening of the caches, you've still got all those mats (and a ton of equipment to melt). So while you'd have to farm all those caches again... you're still getting all those mats as a payoff for your time spent.

For those that do Avarice in other ways, more power to you. How you get it done is all up to you. I just like killing two birds with one stone.
And a good way to get the RoRG without having a lopsided amount of act 1 mats
06/22/2018 12:53 AMPosted by StonePro

I would wager most players farm way more then 8-10 bounty runs a season. It takes 2-3 hours depending on your group and you kill 2 birds with one stone.

Farming gold find gear, farming for a an avarice band, then farming for the right map to run it, or setting up the perfect map by spawning scarabs or looking for double gold goblins on t13 sounds kinda boring to me along with some actual rng.

In a game that is kinda starved for choices, I am glad we have a couple options of how to get this done.
06/21/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Alexismad
06/21/2018 01:26 PMPosted by LouisDragon

that doesn't matter, because it won't pick up until you move. The key is to stand right next to the stash for the transition of the other 20 bags.

A less risky way is to stand on a waypoint when you open the bags. Then switch acts to walk to the chest, reload and waypoint to the act that you opened the first batch. As long as you don't move in the "opened" act you won't pickup the gold. And less chance of misclicking with all that gold on the ground.
This season I got it without even trying. I tossed a bardiche into the cube while wearing a BotH. Was up to over 80 million before I even noticed. And I was only at T10 and the Boon was only lvl35.
I always do the bounty cache trick. So, it takes a bit of time to farm the caches doing split bounties, but you're going to have to do them anyway, so might as well do it all at once.

I did 9 split bounties at T13 and ended up with a ton of crafting mats, had to empty my blood shards at least 4 times, and multiple ancient items. If you do it after you reach your level 70 GR, you also have the chance of ancients. Two seasons ago, I ended up with primal Illusory boots for my crusader all season from doing the cache method.

Not to mention, with the rate of goblins being higher this season, I had vaults on 3 bounty runs, blue gobs on 2, and a rainbow gob.

Corvus is maybe faster with the right set up, but you have to do bounties anyway, so two birds with one stone.
Just finished the Avarice Conquest for Season 14. Thought I would post my method of doing it since I tried for 2 weeks using the methods online and failed.
BTW, I'm 76 years old and my coordination and reflexes suck so this is the only way I could do it:
Diablo 3 Avarice Conquest
Ruins of Corvus on T11

Kymbo's Gold Amulet
Goldskin Chest Armor
Leoric's Crown in cube
Emerald in helm
Boon of the Hoarder level 50
Ring of Royal Grandeur
Paragon with max gold find
(I used Rathma Necromancer build with skeletal mages.)

Dismiss pet and run through Ruins of Corvus killing everything, leaving a trail of gold; turn around and go back to entrance picking up gold by your lonesome. :)

Hope this helps someone.
08/19/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Bily42
BTW, I'm 76 years old and my coordination and reflexes suck so this is the only way I could do it

You mean apart from the Bounty cache method which requires no co-ordination, reflexes and has no RNG factor?
I'll also agree on the bounty cache method. Theres so much benefit for it and getting the conquest as a side benefit is sooooo good.
Your gonna be farming bounties anyway for mats and a few of the legendaries regardless of your class. At TX with 50 caches thats 100 of each material. At TXII you'll do 9 runs to even it out so thats 144 of each material.
I did avarice as well, and without avarice band because I only did one set of bounties so far this season, was living off 2 challenge Rifts and one T6 turn in I was offered in power leveling community when I was like 150 para. I had just boon of hoarder to level 50, not much of extra gold on gear besides some secondaries. Didn’t even aim for it, just paid attention to map and mob type. Had pet equipped, used Leapquake barb for key runs on t13, second tile of key run was fastering woods filled with tons of low hp mobs. As soon as Ive noticed my gold count going into 20 mil, I focused on killing and picking up gold without picking up DBs and legendaries. Got to 55 mil no sweat, picked legendaries, Keys and dbs afterwards. I think any build that have good area of applied damage will be best for that conquest, Leapquake barb is awesome because it covers the floor in damage over time effect. I suspect WW barb will be good for it too with it’s dust devils, but at my scrub para WW doesn’t kill fast enough on t13.
08/19/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Bily42
Just finished the Avarice Conquest for Season 14. Thought I would post my method of doing it since I tried for 2 weeks using the methods online and failed.
BTW, I'm 76 years old and my coordination and reflexes suck so this is the only way I could do it:
Diablo 3 Avarice Conquest
Ruins of Corvus on T11

Kymbo's Gold Amulet
Goldskin Chest Armor
Leoric's Crown in cube
Emerald in helm
Boon of the Hoarder level 50
Ring of Royal Grandeur
Paragon with max gold find
(I used Rathma Necromancer build with skeletal mages.)

Dismiss pet and run through Ruins of Corvus killing everything, leaving a trail of gold; turn around and go back to entrance picking up gold by your lonesome. :)

Hope this helps someone.

While that method is fine, I’m skeptical that you couldn’t handle just opening a bunch of bounty caches at once.
You really only need 3 items to do this. avarice band, gem of the hoarder and goldwrap belt. The goldwrap makes you practically invincible so you don't have to wait on explosions and stuff. Just normal T13 rift farming, I regularly get streaks over 100 million without really even trying. Beyond those 3 items you need to use mobility skills as much as you can.
Greetings from Season 15 in 2018. The Avarice Conquest took me many attempts that resulted in failure (but I learned a lot); here are some keys to my success (and it was pretty easy to finally do it--first try even--when I used this approach):

• The Torment level makes a huge difference. I got way more gold coins at the highest Torment difficulty I could do while killing the mobs fast (less than a second to kill the big guys, which makes the streak easier to maintain); use your (nearly) best setup (instead of weakening yourself a bunch to use many pieces of Gold Find or Gold and Health Pickup items). That level was T7 for me, but if you can breeze through T13 RoC (or a T13 rift), this will be trivial.
  • Gold Find and Gold Health Pickup gear isn't that important. Gold effects and GF bonuses in descending order of impact (and ease): Boon of the Hoarder (legendary gem from Greed in the Vault, preferably level 50); up to 50% GF from Paragon points; Emerald gem in helmet; Goldskin chest armor (if your build allows, don't disrupt a key item or set bonus; and pets don't trigger it, so for that item to be useful, you have to be using an ability that deals damage immediately); Leoric's Crown in cube armor slot (with Emerald in helm); Goldwrap belt makes you invulnerable during "second half" (see below); if you have one already, probably Avarice Band ring would be good (even if you have a gold-fetching pet); and don't use any other GF/GHP equipment. You don't need items like Leoric's Signet or Kymbo's Gold; you don't need any of this. (Except maybe the BotH legendary gem, and either a pet that picks up gold or an Avarice Band. And the Paragon point and emerald bonuses are free.)
  • Check your skills, especially passives, you may be using stuff that doesn't help with this. Movement speed is best, plus Toughness during the "first half" (see below), and Damage during the "second half". Remember you won't benefit from pet-related passives during the first part. Also check your cubed item powers.
  • Why do so many people say Ruins of Corvus? Because enemies drop a lot of gold in Act V, and RoC has many easy-to-kill mobs (the scarabs). It's nearly essential to run through the zone first to open all the doors and plan your route, and that doesn't take long (less time than if you don't do it, fail, and try again). Using your Follower is fine, but don't summon pets that deal damage. If you have one, Unequip the pet that picks up gold (but remember to Equip it again before attempting the streak). Keep in mind that you get limited Resurrects at Corpse, if you die easily in your "exploration setup" it won't work. (This was a bigger limiting factor to my Torment difficulty than monster-killing-speed.)
  • It may take a few attempts. Avarice requires gameplay that is not normal; there are important strategies, but they are not complicated and you'll pick them up fast, best-case fast enough to succeed on the first try. My experience with this was similar to Set Dungeon mastery.
  • Doing the Conquest this way takes much less time than getting fifty (or so) bounty caches to open, even if you split farm. One of the supposed benefits to the bounty method is that it's literally guaranteed, but this one is virtually guaranteed. (Although another up-side to the bounty method is you need the mats so you're going to do them regardless, which is a strong point in its favor.) The Armory makes it easy to save your "gold setup" for future visits to the Vault; gold coins stop being relevant after a while but you need them early, setting it up can be worth the time and you're doing Conquests (which tend to be time-consuming to accomplish) anyway.