Worst RNG in D3? What would you vote?

General Discussion
Any legendary with a variable % legendary affix on it, that you also need an ancient version of. Bonus points if its a weapon.

07/05/2018 04:29 PMPosted by RedCell
Affix-Randomness on Rare and lower quality items should be expected (and thus give it a theoretical low chance to be even better than a legendary item) but Legendary and Set pieces should always have the same affixes no matter what (so finding them always feels awesome). In some cases the values could vary on the affixes but those differences should be very small.

This is an absolutely terrible assertion. Having random affixes on Legendary and Sets item expanded player choice significantly.

No, it just made it way more frustrating and gave a lot more wasted drops. You forget the very obvious elephant in the room:

-Systems of reforging/changing items isnt limited to loot with random affixes. You can have a system with fixes affixes on dropped items, that could still be reforged into something else. (with some unique traits being locked to the item, to preserve its unique value)

Or another way to put it would be like this:

Having random

That's false.

affixes on Legendary and Sets item expanded player choice significantly.

But this bit is true.

We dont have the freedom to choice the affixes we want.
We only have the freedom to choice 1 affix we want. Everything else, for better and worse, cant be changed.
07/05/2018 01:23 PMPosted by PMG
Holy
Point
Shot

Dead
Man's
Legacy

Good luck.

I have to disagree due to the fact I got my only primal as a Dead Man's this season so far
07/05/2018 08:18 AMPosted by SancticuS
What would you consider the worst RNG in Diablo 3?

Greater rift fishing. Just my personal opinion, not necessarily fact. People dump thousands of keys into top clears.
Having to roll sockets into any amulet or ring when they are mandatory always bugs me.
07/06/2018 05:48 AMPosted by mattplaz
I have to disagree due to the fact I got my only primal as a Dead Man's this season so far

Vyrkul story bro, but how did it roll? Primal does not equal perfect.
In addition to my previous post, I would like to say that "RNG" is a bastardized fashion-word among the current "Diablo Community".

APRGs like Diablo are the pioneers that are build upon "Randomness" and added randomness in areas that allowed the game to be endless replayable. Until D3 came along this was true, but D3 has changed this forever and almost destroyed the franchise for good.

The problem with D3 is that it was designed by people that dont know anything about ARPGs and let alone Diablo. Thus they introduced "Randomness" into all the wrong areas, and took it away from all the wrong areas.

D3 did not have Randomness in Map design. FAIL

D3 introduced Randomness to "Unique" Items LOL? FAIL

Then D3 scrambled to fix the static Map design and introduced "Randomness", but instead of introducing true randomness and generate levels truly random, they just shuffle around story-layouts that already exist. The only areas in Rifts/Grifts that are arguably "random" are the Act-5 tile sets.

THEN D3 added "Timers" to somewhat randomly generated Grifts and people ran into deadends. FAIL

Timers in a game like Diablo? FAIL

Cooldowns in a game like Diablo? FAIL

At launch Unique and Sets were still having fully randomized Affixes and were no different than Rare items with a different naming color. That meant that even when you find a unique item, it would be 99.9% less likely to be better than the 1000 Rare items you found before. To top all of this off, on weapons all that matters is the "DPS" number because this is what ALL your damage is based on. This meant that any Blue or Rare item with the highest number would outperform ANY Legendary item hands down, simply because Magic and Rare items dropped way more often than Legendary items. Legendary items were fine to be rare, but ONLY when they would have had Static Affixes and always roll the same or have very narrow rolls on values, and hence always be a GG find, but they weren't, because they allowed Legendary items to be fully random like rares, totally defying the point of being "Unique" and "Legendary". Then Blizzard scrambled to attempt to make Unique and Set Items more powerful than they were before, by introducing Legendary-Affixes, but that renders items mandatory and turns ALL other items worthless. 180 degrees move, other extreme of the spectrum.FAIL

Legendary Affixes and Sets have rendered ALL Magic and ALL Rare items worthless. FAIL

Introduced Kadala where people just spend hundreds of shards to get all gear within a couple hours. FAIL

D3 is IMO a FAIL-Train of epic proportions. Its the biggest FAIL of the decade in gaming history.

The ONLY reason why the media is not publicly destroying D3 is because no journalist knows D2 and how D3 failed. No journalist bothers to truly play and test D3. And last but not least, all "gaming-journalists" are biased or ignorant and are inclined to write well about Blizzard as this is how the industry works, even when Blizzard creates a pile of crap with a good polish coating.

The biggest FAIL at Blizzard is that the people responsible for Itemization and Map-Design do not know ANYTHING I just posted. They seem to be entirely blind to the truth and unable to understand how they miserably failed in those aspects (Itemization design, affix design, map-design and generation).
Any offhand. The amount of skills that can roll from them is just ridiculous. I've rarely got a usable ancient one, regardless of the class I'm playing. Anything working with secondary stats like an UE DH is even worse, considering you have to get that max discipline roll on top of the metric ton of RNG the item has already.
07/05/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Faux
Holy
Point
Shot

Dead
Man's
Legacy

Good luck.

? No XD lol JK, RNG is RNG
https://imgur.com/Q63jG0T

Feel the hate.......lol
07/06/2018 05:48 AMPosted by mattplaz
Holy
Point
Shot

Dead
Man's
Legacy

Good luck.

feel the more hate.....

that is pretty much a Holy Grail DML there bud. Though you did have to roll off something for that MS damage :)
I think HF has been the worst for me, since season 1 I never had one with 2x crit+elemental+dmg passive for my DH, so I have been using Eye of Etlich instead. However, this season I was so lucky to have a good one with Ambush passive on first try, so S14 has been worth it only for that.

When it comes to amulets I wont even try to get an ancient one, as they are so hard to get right.

Condemn Crusader can get good amulet easily by converting set items, though it won't be ancient.
Worst RNG for me is Primals. Super rare, but 100% useless crap drops in my experience.

The only Primal drop I've had that wasn't a completely useless item was a pair of Taskers, but they didn't roll with CHC or CHD.

I no longer give a mouse fart in a hurricane about Primals.
Worst RNG be mostly jewelries. It's hard to gather trifecta or close quality F/R or EW sets. Even harder to grab a HF amulet that you can shape.

Holy
Point
Shot

Dead
Man's
Legacy

Good luck.

DML is way more easier than getting a good HPS. DML have 3 random affixes and rolls ChC% naturally. It only needs Discipline at secondary and rest won't even matter. As long as you have a good IAS roll and damage bonus range from legendary power you'll be fine. Having it roll Discipline (just like UE cloak) is so important actually makes it a redeemable item. You have 50/50 chance for it to appear as crap as an Ancient. Even then it'd be still useable to some degree.

HPS however, have 4 random affixes and there's this requirement of it to roll the elemental boost you are maining and you need it to roll ChC% with a good IAS. So you can tackle in another desired affix if didn't roll. You have like 80% chance of it roll as crap as an Ancient. Most of the time it won't roll the elemental you use and have a low IAS bonus without a ChC% roll. If it can't be modified to boost your elemental type, it's trash at the first place.
I’ve been playing since season 13 so my analysis is only based on a little over one season. In S13 I played mainly Int classes and The Endless Walk set definitely dropped a lot between wizard/necro/WD. I remember having half a storage pane of the decently rolled ones (yes I’m a hoarder). Decent meaning it had at least 3 of the int/ias/chd/chc/cdr/ad stats. You can see my non-season wizard sporting a perfect primal Travelor’s Pledge (TP) for starpact and a decent ancient Compass Rose (CR) with 4 of the stats I mentioned above. I ended up chopping most of them nearing the end of S13.

In S14 I switched to barb/monk and let me tell you I barely loot The Endless Walk set. With barb I’ve looted maybe 4 of each TP and CR. On monk I have about the same drop rate. Definitely had less rng on the CR rolls.

So far in S14 I’ve looted maybe a total of 8 of each TP and CR after hitting paragon 1000 between barb/monk. I remember by this time in S13 my wizard/necro/WD had already looted perhaps 25-30 total of each combined.

With that said The Endless Walk set seems like it drops a lot more for Int classes. Again, I’ve only started playing since S13 so my analysis is few. So for those saying they have bad rng with The Endless Walk set are you guys mainly playing str/dex classes?
07/06/2018 10:44 PMPosted by AvengerX

With that said The Endless Walk set seems like it drops a lot more for Int classes. Again, I’ve only started playing since S13 so my analysis is few. So for those saying they have bad rng with The Endless Walk set are you guys mainly playing str/dex classes?

According to the datamined drop rate Traveler's Pledge have 5.71% drop chance for Necromancer, 5.97% for Monk / Wizard, 6.45% for Crusader and 6.78% for Demon Hunter, Barbarian and Witch Doctor.

Compass rose have 3.88% drop chance for Witch Doctor, 4.04% for Wizard, 4.08% for Necromancer, 4,21% for Demon Hunter, 4.26% for Barbarian and 4.4% for Monk / Crusader.

So it actually seems the int classes have lower drop rates for the endless walk set.

I have actually gotten a primal Travelers pledge. Albeit on my barbarian with 1000 str, 1000 vitality and 100 Critical hit damage. Think the correct stat to roll away would be main stat and then augment it for the class I want to use it for. Still I would prefer a ancient version with elemental damage and CCH CHD.
The RNG in this game is too strong I dont like it...
getting a useless primal is the worst feeling and the worst rng ever...especially when they roll stats you don't need
Hellfire amulet is a worst.Crafted 1k at a go non season no even 1 is decent.
At launch Unique and Sets were still having fully randomized Affixes and were no different than Rare items with a different naming color. That meant that even when you find a unique item, it would be 99.9% less likely to be better than the 1000 Rare items you found before.....

You didn't even need to type that entire paragraph. It should go like "+6 random affixes plastered on everything by the lack of any imagination. FAIL."
what players you get in a public game.
Primals. Any Primal.