Physical Features of Angels

General Discussion
So Tyrael's human/mortal form is very evident that he is black. So if you guys had to take a wild guess. What would Malthael, Auriel and Ithrael's human form be racially speaking? Would they also be the same as Tyrael in appearance in mortal form?
No belly buttons.
Given a Gaussian distribution of all the various skin pigmentations found in Sanctuary with very light skin on one of the tails and very dark skin on the other, Tyrael's physical skin tone falls in the middle. I would expect the the other angels would fall in the middle as well.
My wild guess is that, as heroes, we would judge the angels not by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character.
07/02/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Meteorblade
My wild guess is that, as heroes, we would judge the angels not by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character.

"Wild guess" yes. OP didn't ask for a JUDGEMENT, just an opinion on appearance. Despite the current political climate's attitude, not every statement, question and opinion is a freakin' judgement!
Such a conversation seems to be highly speculative and biased based upon one's self features, preference and the need for distribution and even-ness. Lore aside, having the voice and identity of Tarael made for a great distribution of things. A great powerful voice. Maybe that's what won him the position.

Or perhaps it was a combination of his voice and the variety he'd add to the game and cast of characters. He just fit. To try and fit the other angels in, you might as well look up their voice actors and call it good there.

Lore wise, Tyrael's physical identity probably was just a random permutation when he fell, based upon the features of man, having no prior human like identity. or perhaps lore fits the acting, and to ask beyond that simply only yields -- because things fit.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2186735/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3561828/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
I think they all look cool and Tyrael is awesome both angel and mortal. Their wings are definitely impressive... But I cannot exactly fathom how they would look like as mortals...
07/02/2018 02:58 PMPosted by SunStrider
"Wild guess" yes. OP didn't ask for a JUDGEMENT, just an opinion on appearance. Despite the current political climate's attitude, not every statement, question and opinion is a freakin' judgement!

The current climate? You do realise that what I said was a paraphrasing a Martin Luther King's speech from the 1960s. The angels could be purple, green or sky blue pink with yellow dots on and it would still be irrelevant to whether they're good guys or bad guys. Diablo would be just as evil if he wasn't red.
07/03/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Meteorblade
The current climate? You do realise that what I said was a paraphrasing a Martin Luther King's speech from the 1960s. The angels could be purple, green or sky blue pink with yellow dots on and it would still be irrelevant to whether they're good guys or bad guys. Diablo would be just as evil if he wasn't red.

Right, I was already an adult when he made that speech. Wondering what a skin color is is still not calling into question one's character, and it's perfectly fine for a hero to wonder what that color could be. Again, OP wasn't calling for a judgement, just a guess.
Tyrael's not black, he just got really dirty when he fell from heaven and hasn't learned how to shower yet.