one 50+ augment

General Discussion
Ok, so this is my first go at augmenting. Any tips on strategy?

Given my first augments are going to be going into items I'll probably end up discarding when better rolls drop, i'm guessing the minimum 50 augment is a good starter.

On the other hand I have a pair of primal pants, but with a current personal best of GR 80 I'm not sure I want to put a level 70 augment on it that I'll just end up replacing with, idk, 80 or something.
Replacing augments with better augments is normal and something that everyone does.

Just put a 50 in there if you want, and eventually you will replace it with a 70, then a 75, etc etc.
EDIT:
You can augment the same item as many times as you want. The newest one always replaces the old stat.
So if you have a 70 augment in there, then put a 50, the new one will be 50 and you essentially made the item worse.
Just remember to use correct gems, rubies for STR, emeralds for DEX and topazes for INT. Sometimes when people do their very first augments, they forget the gem type matters.

Other than that, the post above this one sums up the important bits.
If you run gr80’s with ease there is no reason not to get your gems to level 80 (or 81).
But don’t augment badly rolled ancient items of course.
07/01/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Jazz
If you run gr80’s with ease there is no reason not to get your gems to level 80 (or 81).
But don’t augment badly rolled ancient items of course.

I can run 70's with ease. 75's if I concentrate. and 80s with with every !@#$%^-*! tightly clamped.
A good augment is usually 10 level below your best GR clear.
07/01/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Avicenna
I can run 70's with ease. 75's if I concentrate. and 80s with with every !@#$%^-*! tightly clamped.

Then I would try to level a gem up to 75-80, if you want to play the season longer than just until the season journey ends.

Over the last seasons, that task was the very last one I did. I usually complete Guardian before I augment one item. ;-)
Part of the Guardian seasonal step requires leveling 3 gems to lvl 70. So if you plan on doing that you'll want to augment at 70 otherwise youll have to level another gem.
I'll Add to the PSA:
Be Careful if your using the Gem of Ease as an Augment Gem. If you forget the specific colored gems, you will instead use the Gem of Ease to lower the level requirement of the item to 1 instead of augmenting it.

I'll recommend to NOT use the Gem of Ease as your Augment Gem.