Thinking About Picking Up D2, D3 or PoE..

General Discussion
07/03/2018 07:28 AMPosted by MadCow
PoE will make you play(work) for everything over 18 hour a day sessions.

Nah, at the begging of a League in 3 days 5-6 hr sessions I was able to do end content. I am a very casual player and most of the builds are cheap to implement and will allow to do end content quick.
07/05/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
Not trolling. Tried Path of Exile, didn't like it, forgot about its existence. PoE to me is Pillars of Eternity.

Sure, and cars are better than apples.

That was the kind of logic of your comparison ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

game on
How so? Because I stated that Pillars of Eternity was a different RPG style than Diablo 3? Or is it because I didn't like Path of Exile? Because there was no comparison going on there at all, I stated my opinion. Which is a valid opinion.

I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation on how Pillars of Eternity cannot be easily compared to Diablo 3. It was far more logical than the post you made that I quoted since I at least gave explanations for my reasons.
07/05/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
How so? Because I stated that Pillars of Eternity was a different RPG style than Diablo 3? Or is it because I didn't like Path of Exile? Because there was no comparison going on there at all, I stated my opinion. Which is a valid opinion.

I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation on how Pillars of Eternity cannot be easily compared to Diablo 3. It was far more logical than the post you made that I quoted since I at least gave explanations for my reasons.

Everyone agrees with that. HE just said that Path of Exile is more comparable to D3 since PoE have a lot of D2 inspirations
07/05/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

No problem, you confused Path of Exile for Pillars of Eternity in an ARPG context, everyone makes mistakes.

No need to apologize.
No apology was given nor are you getting one. The OP mentioned Neverwinter Nights in his post of rpgs enjoyed, which is not an ARPG. Therefore the context was rpgs in general not ARPG specific.

Your post also never specified it was ARPG specific nor which PoE you meant. So no apology is needed from you for not clarifying yourself more thoroughly in your own post. Just be more careful next time.

As to ARPG specifically, I find Grim Dawn and Titan Quest have better gameplay and smoother action to Path of Exile. Path of Exile feels very clunky and slow.
07/05/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
No apology was given nor are you getting one. The OP mentioned Neverwinter Nights in his post of rpgs enjoyed, which is not an ARPG. Therefore the context was rpgs in general not ARPG specific.

Your post also never specified it was ARPG specific nor which PoE you meant. So no apology is needed from you for not clarifying yourself more thoroughly in your own post. Just be more careful next time.

As to ARPG specifically, I find Grim Dawn and Titan Quest have better gameplay and smoother action to Path of Exile. Path of Exile feels very clunky and slow.

I thought you totally forgot about path of exile? Now you remember how it compares to Grim Dawn?

We accept your apology for trolling though.
When I say the term "remember that girl", do you recall the obsessive, angry control freak you dumped after giving her a fair chance, or do you recall the one you really enjoy spending your time with the most? You won't remember the one you didn't like right away unless someone does something that makes you recall those bad memories. Unless you're a glutton for punishment, I guess. I'd sooner recall good memories brought up by vague terms than bad ones, but perhaps that's just me.

No apology given. Apologies are for the guilty.
07/06/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
When I say the term "remember that girl", do you recall the obsessive, angry control freak you dumped after giving her a fair chance, or do you recall the one you really enjoy spending your time with the most? You won't remember the one you didn't like right away unless someone does something that makes you recall those bad memories. Unless you're a glutton for punishment, I guess. I'd sooner recall good memories brought up by vague terms than bad ones, but perhaps that's just me.

No apology given. Apologies are for the guilty.

apology accepted. No worries man
07/04/2018 05:38 PMPosted by SunStrider
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

I too was going to suggest this game but ensure to also get the new expansion for it as well (Steam is one of the places to get the game).
If you want a ARPG MMO then I suggest Path of exile. Its free and the game is updating regularly with new content. You never have to worry about the game becoming stale.

If you want a single player APRG then I recommend Grim Dawn. Grim dawn is one of the most unique ARPG out there on the market. The game has many gameplay features that you won't find in other ARPGS including Diablo.
Diablo 2 for me is really the only option. Blizzard dropped the ball big time with Diablo 3.
07/05/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Theudys
07/03/2018 07:28 AMPosted by MadCow
PoE will make you play(work) for everything over 18 hour a day sessions.

Nah, at the begging of a League in 3 days 5-6 hr sessions I was able to do end content. I am a very casual player and most of the builds are cheap to implement and will allow to do end content quick.

but you're not winning the LB by only playing that much really has no real benefit to the hardcore complainers.
Add Grim Dawn to your list and play all 4, all great games. POE is Diablo 2.5, fantastic game, and free...hard to pass that up.
07/03/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Yamr3
Hello,

I spend most of my time playing WoW, Neverwinter Nights (not the MMO), or some other GOG games during my main game time. I've been thinking about picking up a Dungeon Crawler for some time now... My dad and I were one of the folks who sat outside Gamestop from the midnight release of D3.. I'm still burned and frustrated from that 6 years ago..

Is Diablo 3 worth picking back up, or should I play a different one, like PoE / D2 / Torchlight 2?

Just try all of them imo .