Stuck on Error 3006

Technical Support
So it basically started roughly at the beginning of the week. The game started getting choppier and choppier, and now I can't even get past the character select screen, most of the time I get that error message, once in a while I will see my characters when it times out, but the animation is very choppy.

To me it looks like my connection is just too weak, but I can play other games, even hearthstone, just fine. I tried a number of resets, involving my internet connection, flushing my dns, deleting the entire game and reinstalling completely, but it's always the same. Totally open to ideas, thanks guys :)
having same issues keep getting 3006 and says disabled while joining parties have even tryed same steps u have Cyth
Hey Cyth and Olodian,

Thank you for letting us know what you have tried. I do have some additional steps to try that we have seen help with error 3006 before.

• Please run the Blizzard App with the Run as Administrator option.

Please run a full scan of the computer with an security program.

• I have seen some security programs cause this to happen before. Add Diablo III to the security programs exception list. If this continues temporarily disable any security program to see if it is causing the error.
hello im haveing the same error, was disconnected well in a party, did not relog till later. i think it is still trying to rejoin the the party i was dc'ed from. but just keeps giving me the 3006 error
I have done all these things and I'm having the same issue. It started on Friday the 22nd with latency in game well over 1000. It stayed that way through yesterday and now this morning I tried to log in and I get the 3006 error. I haven't been in any parties with anyone.
Same issue here, stuck on retrieving characters, then I get the error 3006 message every time.
Same here. Last night the game got choppier and started lagging. The latency went through the roof. Today I am stuck on Code 3006 and can't even play. /sigh
any idea what the problem is yet?
Having this same issue. Googled it and some people were saying to launch in Asian/Eu servers and then try The Americas, and that seemed to work once or twice now im getting 3006 spam again. Can play every other game.
Im having the same issue. Error 3006. For some reason the lag has got worse. Today i have not been able to log in ALL DAY. Yet when i come here, i see a post from blizz telling us to run the app in Administration. Well i did both of what you asked and still can not get in the game. Unreal.
I will say this. I did get into a game once. Yet my latency or MS was 800. And could not move well at all. LAGGY. Yet i tried to restart and im back with Error 3006.
same as you all since the 22nd, did the above no worky, when is someone going to help
Same issue for me. The other night the game was so choppy I could barely play. Tried to reinstall it last night and now I'm getting stuck on retrieving hero list and then it times out to 3006. I got in once and the menus were so laggy that even just the idle animations at the hero screen were stuttering/chopping. I was able to load into a town but the choppiness was so bad I couldn't even move and then it kicked me off the server again. I was able to get into EU once but again, everything was so lagged and choppy that my game eventually crashed. My ping to the Americas server is around 50ish but the performance of the game is unplayable. All other games work fine.

If it helps, while troubleshooting this issue, I noticed my bnet app was also running very slow. The download for Diablo 3 install took almost 9 hours and whenever I log out or restart bnet, it takes about a minute for anything to come up and then my friends list says "retrieving data" on each listing for a good 30 seconds before populating. My network seems fine to everything else including in other blizzard games, but bnet and diablo seem to be having major issues.
for christ's sake, can we get a fix for this, i just wanna play some d3!
i get error codes 3006 and 1016, and when it does get in it says i'm trying to join a party, is this the same with everybody else?
Could I get some of you to post the results from a WinMTR test please?

Running WinMTR - https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/27780

Try to make sure that while it's running when you connect to the game, you are still getting the error codes.
Hi I know i haven't previously posted on this thread but I've been having the same problem so I figured I'd try running the WinMTR myself, I ran it until i got the 3006 error and then stopped it. These are the results:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 10.0.0.1 - 0 | 179 | 179 | 1 | 16 | 47 | 13 |
| 96.120.26.5 - 0 | 179 | 179 | 8 | 16 | 48 | 11 |
| 68.85.208.113 - 0 | 179 | 179 | 9 | 16 | 42 | 9 |
| 162.151.37.113 - 0 | 179 | 179 | 9 | 17 | 48 | 10 |
|be-124-ar01.elmhurst.il.chicago.comcast.net - 0 | 179 | 179 | 11 | 19 | 52 | 12 |
|be-33491-cr01.chicago.il.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 179 | 179 | 11 | 20 | 54 | 17 |
|be-10506-cr02.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net - 1 | 175 | 174 | 0 | 20 | 65 | 13 |
|be-10563-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net - 1 | 175 | 174 | 0 | 19 | 65 | 12 |
|173-167-56-238-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net - 1 | 175 | 174 | 0 | 20 | 62 | 13 |
| ae1-br01-eqch2.blizzardonline.net - 1 | 175 | 174 | 0 | 21 | 94 | 16 |
| No response from host - 100 | 36 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| be1-pe01-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 179 | 179 | 62 | 68 | 98 | 62 |
| No response from host - 100 | 36 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 24.105.30.129 - 0 | 179 | 179 | 61 | 67 | 98 | 62 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
MunchkinX,

Are you on wireless?

10.0.0.1 - 0 | 179 | 179 | 1 | 16 | 47 | 13 |

You shouldn't have such a high average ping value to your router/modem unless you are.

If you're able to, I'd like to see if running wired instead makes a difference for you.
I am on a wired connection already, i have no connection issues on anything except for diablo 3, I was even playing WoW earlier today with no issues at all.
empathize!!!! deleted game, reinstall, recheck and do what they say, never got a return phone call, been playing for 19 yrs and this sucks
reinstall keeps stopping at 4.6mb WHY?