CR 53 too hard?

General Discussion
So you're saying people use map hacks and hud just to clear a gr 45 risking a ban so they can troll us? Lol
06/28/2018 06:57 AMPosted by SevenShadow
So you're saying people use map hacks and hud just to clear a gr 45 risking a ban so they can troll us? Lol

Uh, no. Not me, anyway. I’m saying it’s entirely possible Blizzard adjusts the time of the run.

—-

The people who hack probably do it all the time, though. I mean, do you really think they start a Season without their hacks, and then turn them on when they reach a specific GR level?

Nah. They’re on all the time because they’re always beneficial.
To the OP's point, I found this one difficult too...

However, much of the sage advice given in this thread applies: keep pushing, actually read the set/skills, etc. If you need it--use the practice dummies...? It's wha t they are for... ;)

Specific advice that helped me: Only use these skills: Teleport, Slow Time, EB, and Spectral Blades... The Armor and Arcane skills just suck Arcane like mad--potentially leaving your REAL damage dealers dry--and contribute very little.
This was a very easy CR, just hunt elites and you're done. Maybe read the set bonus to understand how it works. I've only come across one CR in the past 6 months that has taken me more than 1 attempt to complete, the weird DH Multishot build a couple months back.
06/28/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Vdizzle
DH Multishot build a couple months back

That was very easy. Just kill mobs and you're done! Maybe read the gear and see how it works.
06/27/2018 06:43 PMPosted by SevenShadow
06/27/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Orrion
Nobody who knows how to play actually does those things.

And yet, they managed to complete the original rift while all these so-called know-how-to-play noobs complain about not being able to beat it. Lol that's funny.

CR is meant for you to play with terrible builds (mostly), and despite it being a crappy feature, it has been working as intended. I'd still prefer doing it over bounties any day, though.

I get so tired of hearing the same asinine fallacy over and over again in these conversations. "The owner of the build did it, so anyone can do it".

That's like saying the lady who managed to flip her suv onto the top of a traffic light should be perfectly copyable by anyone who tries it themselves. They did it after all, right?

How many 10+ minute GRs have there been as CRs?

They're all generally 6 minutes long, that's what the algorithm searches for. This guy just happened to have skipped everything in the perfect order to make it so he got a 6 minute clear, he could have easily gotten an 8 minute clear had he taken a right turn at the act 5 floor instead of left, and then very few people would be complaining.

The theme of this week's CR isn't overcoming some asinine build ( who runs EB with 6% CDR?! ), it's figuring out the exact path the person took in order to achieve the time he ( or she ) did. At any point if you deviate from it, you lose, up to 40 seconds of time without even realizing it because you're still killing mobs in a reasonable pack size...but you're going in a direction that leads you to failure.

What path to failure did you run into for the last 2 weeks of CRs? They were amazingly straightforward, you didn't have to worry about the build, and there was no deadend trap that cost you the run by merely taking a right instead of a left.

So get off this inane notion that just because someone managed to do something, everyone should be able to do it, skill or no skill. Some random yahoo could shoot 3 arrows dead center on each other, while the next 4 world title owners could miss their shots. We all know how RNG rifts runs can be, and completion times.
This is the WORST build / rift ever. It literally makes me disgusted with the game.
Just about all of the wizard builds are REALLY ANNOYING to play but they are even worse when you get a terrible rift like that one with such an aggressive timer as well. I just got home from work and I was really looking forward to playing d3 for a few hours but after playing that challenge rift for just 7 minutes, I was DONE.
06/28/2018 01:10 PMPosted by JoeShmo
The theme of this week's CR isn't overcoming some asinine build ( who runs EB with 6% CDR?! ), it's figuring out the exact path the person took in order to achieve the time he ( or she ) did. At any point if you deviate from it, you lose, up to 40 seconds of time without even realizing it because you're still killing mobs in a reasonable pack size...but you're going in a direction that leads you to failure.

OMG...well it's a good thing the game doesn't blindfold you and you have the opportunity to learn the map layout!

The real challenge here is tolerating all the people who make threads every other week to complain about how challenging their challenge rift was. Perhaps I'd be more sympathetic to the frustration if Blizzard had named the feature "free !@#$ rift"
This was a very easy CR, just hunt elites and you're done. Maybe read the set bonus to understand how it works. I've only come across one CR in the past 6 months that has taken me more than 1 attempt to complete, the weird DH Multishot build a couple months back.

that was easy

We have a clear winner imo for the hardest CR, it was a monk one around a year ago that was just a mess, used an extremelly outdated build with str items and a lot of stuff that didn´t make sense, some legacy items that don´t exist and didn´t use a 6p set, still funny though (funny, not fun)
06/28/2018 11:36 AMPosted by DonMartin
DH Multishot build a couple months back

That was very easy. Just kill mobs and you're done! Maybe read the gear and see how it works.

Don't worry, only took me 2 tries on that one, but I didn't come to the forum complaining that it was the worst CR ever. Maybe if you played the game more than the forums Don you'd understand how most of the set bonuses work.

Yes this CR isn't the greatest but it's by no means difficult. Guys gotta learn that stopping to kill everything as you go along is not how you clear rifts. Teleport when you need mobility, cast slow time to get more movement speed and kill whatever happens to be in ST when you move thru it, stop and kill every elite you come across. I don't recall what the maps where but I had plenty of time to spare clearing it at 5:27 on my first attempt.
06/28/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Durruti

OMG...well it's a good thing the game doesn't blindfold you and you have the opportunity to learn the map layout!

The real challenge here is tolerating all the people who make threads every other week to complain about how challenging their challenge rift was. Perhaps I'd be more sympathetic to the frustration if Blizzard had named the feature "free !@#$ rift"

They should have named it “Nintendo Hard Revisited.”
"The owner of the build did it, so anyone can do it".

Exactly.

That's like saying the lady who managed to flip her suv onto the top of a traffic light should be perfectly copyable by anyone who tries it themselves. They did it after all, right?

Yup.

They're all generally 6 minutes long, that's what the algorithm searches for. This guy just happened to have skipped everything in the perfect order to make it so he got a 6 minute clear, he could have easily gotten an 8 minute clear had he taken a right turn at the act 5 floor instead of left, and then very few people would be complaining.

But he made the run. You do realize that GR's layouts have a pattern to them, right? You probably haven't run enough to notice it but these patterns never change. When a map is loaded, it's either forward or backward, and a few of them have weighted spawn rates so eventually you'd learn the layouts and know where the exits are. It's not that hard plus he was way overgeared for the level, making it an easy run.

So get off this inane notion that just because someone managed to do something, everyone should be able to do it, skill or no skill.

The guy had one chance and he completed it. You have unlimited chances and yet spend time crying. It's no surprise you still haven't gone anywhere.
06/28/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Vdizzle
Don't worry, only took me 2 tries on that one

Cookie?

Maybe if you played the game more than the forums Don you'd understand how most of the set bonuses work

Forum warrior by day, gamer by night!

but I didn't come to the forum complaining that it was the worst CR ever

Nor did I.
06/28/2018 11:36 AMPosted by DonMartin

Don't worry, only took me 2 tries on that one, but I didn't come to the forum complaining that it was the worst CR ever. Maybe if you played the game more than the forums Don you'd understand how most of the set bonuses work.

Irony, if you messed up the DH multishot one.

Further irony, if you’ve played some of the weeks where the builds are contrary to the set, or don’t even have the set skills equipped.

Granted, that’s not this one, although the skill choice could be better - but it HAS happened that way.

Yes this CR isn't the greatest but it's by no means difficult. Guys gotta learn that stopping to kill everything as you go along is not how you clear rifts.

That is, in fact, how you clear most Rifts. Unless your build is an elite hunter, ala Impale. Delsere is not an elite hunter, however, and the standard endgame version of the build doesn’t incorporate Teleport. So yes, you often have to kill almost everything - or at least bubble it and run away.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Irony, if you messed up the DH multishot one.

Further irony, if you’ve played some of the weeks where the builds are contrary to the set, or don’t even have the set skills equipped.

Granted, that’s not this one, although the skill choice could be better - but it HAS happened that way.

Yes this CR isn't the greatest but it's by no means difficult. Guys gotta learn that stopping to kill everything as you go along is not how you clear rifts.

That is, in fact, how you clear most Rifts. Unless your build is an elite hunter, ala Impale. Delsere is not an elite hunter, however, and the standard endgame version of the build doesn’t incorporate Teleport. So yes, you often have to kill almost everything - or at least bubble it and run away.

Non-elite hunter builds go for density, and from what I recall on this CR there is little to no density to work with so it's off to hunt elites. It's a judgement call for all classes and builds (Except maybe HT garg and DH impale, they always hunt elites regardless.). Even when there is density it's better to skip since the progress isn't worth the time invested (ie. bad enemy types for progress). Elites die in seconds with EB + orbit, slow time and teleport give mobility, map and density were very poor. These factors lean toward elite hunting with this CR and maybe stop for pockets of high density.

You're right, delsers is not an elite hunter, but with this weeks CR build where everything dies instantly once ST is on them it's more advantageous to hunt elites. Damage, toughness, and GR level are all relative and need to be considered in how you approach clearing greater rifts. Delsers is not a build where you play the same way at lower levels compared to higher so sourcing how it plays at the top end is a faulty argument. Spending 5-10 seconds at this level clearing low progress trash is the wrong decision when killing a single elite takes less time. Also there is a high end delser build that uses teleport, rarely anyone ever uses it because they do not understand it.

Source: Clan mate @2500 used it to clear 115+ solo.

Lets just chalk this one up as a skill gap between players with more experience than others. Situational judgement and map knowledge go a long way.

One thing we can all probably agree on is the hyperbolic statements every week saying X CR is the absolute worst, etc. is growing old and tiresome.
I couldn't stop dying, so I gave up. Tried about 5 times.
06/28/2018 06:57 AMPosted by SevenShadow

I was the one that suggested map hacks and such could be activate.

Its a possibility assuming blizz really just picks random people's runs. I dont think the original player did it to troll others, since they arent the ones who decide their run gets used.

Likewise on the other end of CR, there's the runs of people with an amazing build that cleared their run casually while watching TV at the same time.

Have to say I didnt consider blizz might of adjusted the timer.

Well, if you'd like you can try the EU version and see if you feel the same way. That one was pretty hard, imo. No clue how people managed to beat it by a minute and a half tho.

ps: there's no teleport in that build. :p

06/29/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Orrion

That's only half true. For speed clearing finishing up slows you down. Killing everything is more of a big deal when pushing.

I also have no idea why a Delsere build would lack teleport. Granted, im basing that on EU's current CR build, which has atleast 2 (maybe 3) wasted slots. (and no teleport)

06/29/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Vdizzle

One thing we can all probably agree on is the hyperbolic statements every week saying X CR is the absolute worst, etc. is growing old and tiresome.

Week 53 of the Worst CR, heh.

I also have no idea why a Delsere build would lack teleport. Granted, im basing that on EU's current CR build, which has atleast 2 (maybe 3) wasted slots. (and no teleport)

Because Delsere has this layout:

1) Spender - Usually Arcane Orb. Arcane Orbit before, Frozen Orb now.
2) 2nd spender, mainly defense with the offhand - Explosive Blast.
3) Slow Time - Duh.
4) Generator - Used to be Spectral Blades, now I think it's Shock Pulse.
5) Armor spell.
6) This is the only slot where Teleport could theoretically fit, but damage wins out for pushing and Black Hole - Spellsteal occupies the slot. It's quite a boost when mobs are grouped together.

So there you go.

Heck, Teleport wouldn't be in most Tal Rasha builds either if you couldn't make it an Arcane attack with Calamity.
Hmm I'd have to try or see that to see how well that works. With my experience on the CR build I'd probably swap the armor spell or maybe even the generator, but i guess its different for a pushing build.

Really shows that im not used to pushing with wizards, as I didnt consider 2 arcane spenders. For speed you'd only need 1.

Thanks for the info.
06/30/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Avendalia
Hmm I'd have to try or see that to see how well that works. With my experience on the CR build I'd probably swap the armor spell or maybe even the generator, but i guess its different for a pushing build.

Really shows that im not used to pushing with wizards, as I didnt consider 2 arcane spenders. For speed you'd only need 1.

Thanks for the info.

You can’t swap the generator. That’s how you’re able to cast spenders and, more importantly, how you keep resetting the cool down on Slow Time.