What is the ideal CDR???

Necromancer
Hi all,

Been playing my S14 Pest. Necro. Curious as to how high of a CDR I'm supposed to attain. I looked at players on the LB and didn't see many CDR rolls on their gear. Most are into IAS. My struggle now is to decrease overall LoTD downtime. With IAS rolls I'm sacrificing CDR, unless I find gear with both. How are you guys overcoming this? Is there another way to reduce cooldown that I'm not aware of?
Based on your seasonal toon, you're talking about the pest rgk build for the 4 man meta, right? The reason to stack AS is to hit the proper breakpoint of 2.01. As for the ideal CDR, I would say the highest you can get it while maintaining the attack speed breakpoint and not sacrificing other important stats like CHD, armor, etc.

The reason being is that for most of the grift, you're not the main killer - the wizard (or wd) is. You might finish off an elite here or there but your main job is to kill the rg. So, cdr is not as important. Stack stricken, shoot, profit.

But to answer your question, decrepify borrowed time, blood is power and even orotz can lower your cooldown but none are appropriate for the rgk meta build.
For solo I would go for around 50% CDR. I end up being a bit lower, because I get upgrades that gave low rolls on CDR. but if I get to 50 I don't feel like I need any more.
07/10/2018 03:27 PMPosted by DarkAngelVV
Hi all,

Been playing my S14 Pest. Necro. Curious as to how high of a CDR I'm supposed to attain. I looked at players on the LB and didn't see many CDR rolls on their gear. Most are into IAS. My struggle now is to decrease overall LoTD downtime. With IAS rolls I'm sacrificing CDR, unless I find gear with both. How are you guys overcoming this? Is there another way to reduce cooldown that I'm not aware of?

What level content is your group doing? And why is your struggle trying to decrease downtime with LOTD do you have to use it a lot?

Depending on how you do against the rift guardian and if you need to use LOTD quite often, you could sacrifice AS for CDR but honestly, the idea is that you shouldn't have to.
50% is can be reasonably achieved but anything higher I feel like I'd be sacrificing a lot of dps like crit chance and crit damage.

My group is tackling between 85-95GR and I'm struggling with 2 things at the moment.

1) Lack of DPS curing my LotD cycle. Feels like I cannot kill the RG or some tough juggernaut champs during the 10sec window. I have to pop LotD twice or more.

2) Lack of CDR because each cycle of LotD takes so long before it's available again.

I'm more used to the solo build than the group build. It's a kind of strange gameplay.
07/11/2018 02:34 PMPosted by DarkAngelVV
50% is can be reasonably achieved but anything higher I feel like I'd be sacrificing a lot of dps like crit chance and crit damage.

My group is tackling between 85-95GR and I'm struggling with 2 things at the moment.

1) Lack of DPS curing my LotD cycle. Feels like I cannot kill the RG or some tough juggernaut champs during the 10sec window. I have to pop LotD twice or more.

2) Lack of CDR because each cycle of LotD takes so long before it's available again.

I'm more used to the solo build than the group build. It's a kind of strange gameplay.

If you're running with the Cold Rune for CL, why do you need Crit Chance ?
It's hard to tell what you're using, it looks like you have a solo setup going at the moment. I hope your group build has more attack speed, you generally want to be using Cursed Scythe against elites for all three curses, hitting stuff to keep Dayntees proc'd, and then use it to stack Stricken against the RG till you can kill in one cycle. Your stat priorities are AS/CHD > CDR > CHC.

When you pop LOTD/Sim you should be doing it at the end of physical/beginning of poison in your COE, so that when it reaches cold you've got Brittle Touch sufficiently stacked. Also, you are both manually casting Corpse Lance AND Devour, right? With some of the stuff you've got, I'm not sure how you're struggling with DPS in the 85-95 area. Below 100, the RG is a one cycle even without stacking Stricken if you're well geared. But make sure you're hitting your targets at least three times with Cursed Scythe, it's not just Frailty but the actual DPS bonus from Fang as well.
Yes. I currently have a solo setup. I created a 2nd S14 Necro to just run groups.

I generally know the playstyle of RGK but definitely not a pro yet. I need to be proficient at popping LotD at the beginning of poison as I'm not going a good job of monitoring CoE cycles yet.

How exactly do I cast corpse lance and devour? I currently have devour numlocked for the sake of saving my fingers.
I wondered. Numlock is the easiest way but make sure that when you pop LOTD you.. assuming Lance is on left click.. repeatedly double click on the targets you want to hit. Don't hold down Lance, it'll override numlock, so by double clicking you're effectively using both and putting out nearly 1.5-2x as much damage.

You can also hold Lance down on a target and then spam the Devour key if you want, it won't affect your numlock in any way when you're done.

Edit-- you probably have grim scythe on left click in this situation but it was easier to explain that way