Make your bets - Next Diablo project will be ?

General Discussion
Which bet do you believe ? Do you think next project will be ?

- D4
- D3 expansion+druid bonus.
- D3 druid only ( :~( )
- D2 HD remaster.
- D1 HD remaster.
- A nintendo switch game new version.
- A nintendo switch game port.

Completing all possibilities which do you think it is ? Why ?
D3 druid class first
then D4 P2P (abbo-shop)
It's D4. At least the unannounced project is a completely brand new game. Whether it'll be called D4 or something else remains to be seen. It'll not be any remaster, D3 expansion or similar. You don't hire loads of people on a course of several years for anything smaller than a completely new game.
07/07/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Kirottu
It's D4. At least the unannounced project is a completely brand new game. Whether it'll be called D4 or something else remains to be seen. It'll not be any remaster, D3 expansion or similar. You don't hire loads of people on a course of several years for anything smaller than a completely new game.

hi, i think it is a very important decision to keep the series name or not.
-this has to do with politic positioning; i hope the devs stay strong.
D4 is coming.
It can't be any of the remastered games since those are hardly a secret and there's a jobs section specifically for them which is Classic Games.

Other jobs mention PBR (physically based rendering) which I recall is an advanced rendering technique which suggests new and powerful graphics engine.

And I remember some previous ones that use the phrase "next hit game" which adds more weight to the theory that it's an entirely new Diablo game, possibly named D4.
Smart Diablo nightlight that connects to Google Nest for instructions and data dump. Come now, didn't you see their nightlight video during the Nintendo Switch hype? Killer nightlight and it probably runs Android.
Diablo Battle Royale
D3 on Switch
Druid
D4

In that order. The BR to jump on the Fortnite bandwagon and give the franchise a stepping stone into esports. That enables MTX for cosmetics and thus a solid source of revenue to fund the development of the other titles/DLC.
07/07/2018 03:55 PMPosted by PardalBR
D3 expansion+druid bonus.

this is what i need! :D and patches ofc

but it seems to me that for D3 we will see only druid
- D2 HD remaster.

D2 remaster in 2020
Also well possible that they come up with a sub-based diablo mmo.
D3 forums v2 - The PvP you wanted
Completing all possibilities which do you think it is ? Why ?

Expansion or a port. D1 and D2 remasters won't happen due to their association with Brevik, and they would need to be hiring exponentially more developers if they were attempting something like a "D4".

But, if they are in fact attempting a "D4" I wouldn't expect it for another 5-10 years, if not more.
- D3 expansion+druid bonus.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it does not take a year+ to make a playable Druid for Diablo 3. Heck, Blizzard announced the Necromancer pack before the female model was even presentable. So, one cannot even claim that the Druid is simply not ready yet, assuming work began shortly after the Necromancer was released.

Based on the job descriptions and requirements, the only two plausible explanations are 1) Diablo 4, and 2) a Diablo-themed game of a different genre. But, given all of the various titles Acti-Blizzard works on, it would not surprise me that they would want to preserve the Diablo franchise, keeping it as an action RPG.
a card game...

its the only variant that can be an e-sport game
I just hope D4 doesn't end up getting cancelled. I mean, they've been pretty damn good at breaking hearts over the last few years.
In my opinion, Blizzard is not done with Diablo 3, not by a long shot. If you look where the game started, and how much different it is now. I think there are some major changes (patches) coming our way in Diablo 3 that's going to change the whole game again. Maybe new sets for every class plus an expansion.
07/08/2018 04:31 PMPosted by GreatBalls
In my opinion, Blizzard is not done with Diablo 3, not by a long shot. If you look where the game started, and how much different it is now. I think there are some major changes (patches) coming our way in Diablo 3 that's going to change the whole game again. Maybe new sets for every class plus an expansion.

Game hasn't been touched for 3 seasons and Blizzard is not done with D3 by a long shot, lollollollollollollollollol. . Literally 1 intern keeping the servers on. Its on maintenance mode,
If they remaster D2, they better revert the change made to Blessed Hammer in 1.13c. I refuse to play it otherwise.
I think it is D4.

I would like to see a reboot of the series were Deckard Cain lives again.
It'll be the least obvious pick... Diablo: Mobile