Necro in Public GR ? Need help please.

Necromancer
I have no friend to play with on D3, and I like public GR cause solo is boring with time and normal rift are only speed speed speed.

Can you advice me about some possible options to suit public GR of common levels (80-95) ?

It seems Necro is very dependant about the group, like if people skip mobs, I then have real survability issues. And it seems corpse lance is not possible if the group skip trash, which seems to happen a lot... Even with rathma I have difficulties.

To finish I don't find any answer anywhere, all talk are about solo necro or high level RGK necro with support player or specific rathma runs.
If you going to play in a group I would suggest a pestilence build. If there is a monk in your group he will help you with survivability. Once you pass level 100, you either have to refine your build, or choose the right group aka monk, zbarb, wizard or WD.

Most groups prefer a pestilence necro to help with the elites and RG. Even if you use a Pestilence solo necro build, you could be very helpful to about level 110. After that you have to switch to a Pestilence group build.

There are plenty of sites that discuss Pestilence builds. Just do a quick search.

Hope this helps.
Yeah it helps, I will look at the possible pestilence builds ;)
Don't get discouraged if you die a lot, it's part of playing a necro. But doing 80-95 GRs solo are extremely easy.
And even faster in a group.
07/18/2018 10:13 AMPosted by TNTMika
I have no friend to play with on D3, and I like public GR cause solo is boring with time and normal rift are only speed speed speed.

Can you advice me about some possible options to suit public GR of common levels (80-95) ?

It seems Necro is very dependant about the group, like if people skip mobs, I then have real survability issues. And it seems corpse lance is not possible if the group skip trash, which seems to happen a lot... Even with rathma I have difficulties.

To finish I don't find any answer anywhere, all talk are about solo necro or high level RGK necro with support player or specific rathma runs.

Thank God you're asking this. I'm sick of solo build players (pestilence) joining 4 man publics grifts so everyone else has to play a 3 man and carry them until their dumb cool downs are up.

Raths!
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-rathma-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-1-season-14
(definitely better versions of this build out there but this is a great starting place)

Get a solid raths or znecro.
Hell, even a lazystorm inarius build is better that this solo pestilence crap 95% of the player base today seems to think is ok to bring into a public 4 man. Whatever you do, don't do that. PLEASE!!!!!
^^^LOL Come on Bodach, calm down. No one wants a Skeketal Mage joining a group doing 100+ GRs.

I'm not saying there's no place for skeletal mazes in high GRs, but it takes a special player. TNTMika wants to do 80 -95 GRs. A solo pestilence can carry the entire group on those levels. Heck he can easily farm GR 95 solo. Try that with Mazes.

Just my opinion.
07/20/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Argos
^^^LOL Come on Bodach, calm down. No one wants a Skeketal Mage joining a group doing 100+ GRs.

I'm not saying there's no place for skeletal mazes in high GRs, but it takes a special player. TNTMika wants to do 80 -95 GRs. A solo pestilence can carry the entire group on those levels. Heck he can easily farm GR 95 solo. Try that with Mazes.

Just my opinion.

Raths and znecro are one of the most powerful combos in the game.
[/quote]
Raths and znecro are one of the most powerful combos in the game.[/quote]

You should at least try Pestilence once.
In-Geom Pestilence is probably the best bet. Just prioritize CDR maybe even use In-Geom. A lot of classes struggle with elites/RG for "speeds". You just can't play like a dumbass and probably need to prioritize CDR over everything else. If you can manage to make sure In-Geom procs, then you'll be able to keep up... Maybe just hold off on LOTD for a few seconds, until packs are damaged enough so that everything gets finished off in one rotation.
I'm not knocking Pestilence; just using it in 4 man public groups. Everyone else 3 mans until Pestilence cooldowns are ready. It's just not a good 4 man public build at all. It's horrid.

SOLO though, it's great.
07/20/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Bodach
I'm not knocking Pestilence; just using it in 4 man public groups. Everyone else 3 mans until Pestilence cooldowns are ready. It's just not a good 4 man public build at all. It's horrid.

SOLO though, it's great.

How often are there Pestilence players running In-Geom? Just curious. If someone hops in with their solo variation and no thought at all about random group playstyle, that could really skew perception.
I have the same problem, so what's the answer?
Raths? But which rat build? The Jesseth + cycle / cycle + relianas?

And pestilance with in-geom?
Maybe something like Inarius Poison Scythe generator? It deals amazing damage in density, doesn't rely on cooldowns and has plenty of mitigation. RORG for Stuert's and LOTD + Corpse Lance are very viable options.