Hardcore Revive Policy Change Request.

Hardcore
So according to Blizzard CS Twitter there was a DDOS attack that affected not only Diablo players but every other games of Blizzard. I get that there is already a strict policy on not reviving dead HC heroes but shouldnt there be an exception made for cases like Natural Disaster in this game a massive DDOS attack?

Is it our job to make sure we are up to date on Twitter News to make sure it is safe to play games we paid for? I just wanted to play quietly after work. Why is that so hard to achieve....
Honestly, if this were any other Blizzard game, I believe there would be a rollback without question. But... this is Diablo 3. The red headed stepchild of the Blizzard catalog. I don't think the Diablo 3 team gives a !@#$. I secretly hope they'll somehow accept some level of self-accountability this time around, but... well. You know how it's been. RIP to my barb. He was about to be my first top 20 character.
Yeah, if the only CARED!!!!! LOL
QQ

You call yourself hardcore?
Get the …. out with your revive request… go play softcore or barbie if you dont agree with the terms. What the hell is those damn request with thoses threads about reviving toons, ive lost the n3 necro this season because of a lag during a 4 mans so what… did i come here and cry about reviving because those lags? no. You take a 15mins break, and create another toons, now ive got the n2 wiz on the NA…. so stop thoses bullcrap complains and go play or return to softcore
So, the angry youths came out. Kewl. The idea of self-accountability is indeed a complex one for the younger audience to understand.

Here, Ill help. Lets do a fill in the blank.

If characters get lost because a player's !@#$ %^-*s up, that's on the player.

If characters get lost because Blizzard's !@#$ %^-*s up, that's on ________.

Did you figure it out? I'll check later to see if you're struggling.
07/09/2018 06:02 PMPosted by RmZD
If characters get lost because Blizzard's !@#$ %^-*s up, that's on ________.
So, apparently, it was a DDoS attack. Is that technically Blizzard's fault? They are as much the victims here as we are.

And, when you created a Hardcore hero, did you not agree to this term?
"Customer Service will not revive a fallen Hardcore hero for any reason."

It is irrelevant whose fault it is. That should not be news to anyone, at this point.
07/09/2018 06:43 PMPosted by HelloKitty
So, apparently, it was a DDoS attack. Is that technically Blizzard's fault? They are as much the victims here as we are.

And, when you created a Hardcore hero, did you not agree to this term?
"Customer Service will not revive a fallen Hardcore hero for any reason."

It is irrelevant whose fault it is. That should not be news to anyone, at this point.

Actually I do blame Blizzard on this one, but not because customer service won't revive characters, that's hard to troubleshoot and won't scale. It's the lack of investment to make the game better. Whether it's content, features, etc, the same can be said for stability. The game could do A LOT better at recognizing issues like this and have the ability to recover. But hard problems cost money and as I said before, the lack of investment is clear. It's just too bad.
lol they did alot of revive back in vanilla for so many crap reasons, now they dont and its perfect like this. Back to d2 or in d3, you agree of the terms when you check the hardcore box so if you die by your fault or lag or servers or because you play when its a thunderstorm or whatever reason… your suppose to be able to accept the fact you put a check on the hardcore box.
Died, created new barb, put on backup equipment, leveling gems. Life goes on.
07/09/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Jamie
Died, created new barb, put on backup equipment, leveling gems. Life goes on.

Yes that is the right move, but most people don't keep backup gear. Yes there are people that do. But most people have to play every character out there. I play one character and have 2 backups ready to go all the time.

What the really big problem here is that people play HC just like SC. They just run for elites and leave the white trash behind. OH wait if you get a DC, Lag, or your cheat death kicks in. Where do you go OH you will DIE.

Now check the agreement you made before you created your HC character.

Still struggling?
07/10/2018 08:24 AMPosted by DonMartin

Now check the agreement you made before you created your HC character.

Still struggling?

That's why the title says "policy change request"... Pretty sure we're all aware of the current agreement. It's easier if it just stays the way it is IMO.
07/08/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Venatus
I just wanted to play quietly after work. Why is that so hard to achieve....

btw where is this Artyom? the dude who used to necro this DDOS bs over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkqcBuGt3g8
07/10/2018 05:12 PMPosted by ragman
That's why the title says "policy change request"... Pretty sure we're all aware of the current agreement. It's easier if it just stays the way it is IMO.
True, but what is being debated is why Blizzard should change their agreement. Is it because Blizzard admits fault? Or, because Blizzard acknowledges that players should not lose Hardcore heroes to circumstances outside of their control (i.e. DDoS attacks, power outages, etc.)? Personally, I think that the current agreement does not leave a lot of room for interpretation, and because it would be hard to prove fault, I see no reason to change what has been a fairly consistent policy for the last six years.

It sucks to lose a Hardcore hero, no doubt about it. But, let's not get carried away just because it happened to us, this time. RIP.
If your characters don't die every once in a while, it's not hardcore...they're born to die, if you think about it.

I have to say, there are only *two* reasons I've ever lost a character:

* My 3rd world internet...
*...my !@#$ty gameplay

Fortunately never a Blizzard disconnect, but no matter.
Do you know how many char died each minute in HC mode? I know all the pain loosing a char for any reason even those you can't explain… but there's a warning at beginning of the character creation screen.

Since this game don't have recurring revenues like World of Warcraft, what are your asking is way too much for that franchise unfortunately!
Just Play softcore if you cant deal with death
08/03/2018 08:08 PMPosted by HungryJ
Who doesnt keep backup gear???

And level a back up once you have a second set of gear.

You will die in HC. Always. Everyone dies. Just know it will happen so it stings a little less.