Why the hostility towards traditional PVP?

Brawling
Every time I see a thread asking for the option of D2 style PvP it gets all kinds of hatred and vitriol. I just don't understand it... You can like D3 overall and still think D2 had a wayyyy better dueling system. I don't know whether or not you could balance D3 in the way D2 was, or if you could scale back the absurd levels of DPS to make dueling manageable, but right now Brawl is a joke.

As someone who has played since D1 I can enjoy the game without dueling, but the reason many of us think D2 is the best of the trilogy is because the end game was just that much better, and the reason for this was the trading system/dueling pure and simple.

I enjoy D3, quite a lot, but I think going back to the D2 system of dueling would make the game a million times better than just grinding another high level rift.
07/24/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Brian
Every time I see a thread asking for the option of D2 style PvP it gets all kinds of hatred and vitriol. I just don't understand it... You can like D3 overall and still think D2 had a wayyyy better dueling system. I don't know whether or not you could balance D3 in the way D2 was, or if you could scale back the absurd levels of DPS to make dueling manageable, but right now Brawl is a joke.

As someone who has played since D1 I can enjoy the game without dueling, but the reason many of us think D2 is the best of the trilogy is because the end game was just that much better, and the reason for this was the trading system/dueling pure and simple.

I enjoy D3, quite a lot, but I think going back to the D2 system of dueling would make the game a million times better than just grinding another high level rift.

Yes!