3000+ paragon is botting

General Discussion
07/26/2018 08:20 PMPosted by MrNiceGuy
And this is effecting your game play how exactly? You are going to be rank 1 with your, "i am lazy" approach to the game and those characters on your profile? LOL troll harder please.

picture this analogy, you live in a nice community with your family. Lets say you have two kids, for arguments sake !!! now if a registered !@#$%^-*! moved into the area and is under strict house arrest and has limited mobility range with a collar. Are you still going to insist that it doesn't bother you ? can you say with certainty that you are totally ok with the @#$%^-*!@ living in your community ? see the logic here, extreme analogy but the point should be clear. Just because it doesn't affect somebody doesn't make it right. Especially since its clearly against TOS.
07/26/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Praetorian
unless Jesus Himself plays the game... highly unlikely...

Well, theres a slight chance that he is Jesus or the reincarnation of Jesus - what if he claims he is Jesus ? Hard to prove anything different there huh ;)
07/27/2018 06:12 AMPosted by METALHEAD
Blizz did a ban wave last season. Let us hope they ban cheaters soon so that us non cheaters can climb the leaderboards.

There has not been a banwave for over three seasons.
Sad but true.
07/27/2018 02:25 PMPosted by ShogunRob
07/27/2018 06:12 AMPosted by METALHEAD
Blizz did a ban wave last season. Let us hope they ban cheaters soon so that us non cheaters can climb the leaderboards.

Sad but true.

Are you troll, or simply living in delusions?
Big banwave, last one, was in seaon 12.
So, mybe educate yourself before start saying what is not true.

And, before you continue trollin, check in-game leaderboards for 4 players in season 12.
If no banwaves, why is No1 in 4 only monk remain, and No2, again, only monk remain, and No3, only monk, and 9 DIFFERENT wiz and barb and necro is dissapear?

And story continue, down...

SO, please, stop trolling/saying lies about no banwave for 3 seasons... I hope that is not too hard for you.,,
07/27/2018 03:02 PMPosted by kornjaca
07/27/2018 02:25 PMPosted by ShogunRob

Sad but true.

Are you troll, or simply living in delusions?
Big banwave, last one, was in seaon 12.
So, mybe educate yourself before start saying what is not true.

And, before you continue trollin, check in-game leaderboards for 4 players in season 12.
If no banwaves, why is No1 in 4 only monk remain, and No2, again, only monk remain, and No3, only monk, and 9 DIFFERENT wiz and barb and necro is dissapear?

And story continue, down...

SO, please, stop trolling/saying lies about no banwave for 3 seasons... I hope that is not too hard for you.,,

There has not been a banwave in over 3 seasons.
There have been cherrypicked onesies and twosies that have been flagged.
99 percent of botters uneffected, not pushing top ladder spots.
You cant be that foolish not to notice. Pull you head out of the ground.
07/27/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Melisandre
07/26/2018 08:20 PMPosted by MrNiceGuy
And this is effecting your game play how exactly? You are going to be rank 1 with your, "i am lazy" approach to the game and those characters on your profile? LOL troll harder please.

picture this analogy, you live in a nice community with your family. Lets say you have two kids, for arguments sake !!! now if a registered !@#$%^-*! moved into the area and is under strict house arrest and has limited mobility range with a collar. Are you still going to insist that it doesn't bother you ? can you say with certainty that you are totally ok with the @#$%^-*!@ living in your community ? see the logic here, extreme analogy but the point should be clear. Just because it doesn't affect somebody doesn't make it right. Especially since its clearly against TOS.

Except this isnt a case of sexual offenders, this is a video game. Are you seriously comparing the 2? Maybe you like to touch little boys in the privacy of your own house, but this is a case of someone running an automated program in a VIDEO GAME.

You morons act as if its like doping in the olympics lol. Did you refuse to hang out with friends when you were a child (assuming you still arent) who had game shark or game genie codes? You people who try to witch hunt are exactly why this community is looked at as a meme by d3 developers.
There have been ban waves but not everyone got caught. A lot of different programs out there or botters not online at right time.

It has always been like that so why all the drama?
07/27/2018 05:52 AMPosted by cdm
07/26/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Bagline
People always complain about botters(rightly so), but the currently rank 4 barb doing a 111 under 1000 paragon and few augments and jankey gear just shows you it's like 95% skill.

as far as botters though, I do agree they should be banned or segregated. I think it would be funny to have them segregated to a different server where no matter what GR they do, the leaderboard still shows them as rank #1.

you did a GR 5. GRATS RANK #1! GR60? GRATS GG RANK #1!

So patronizing, I love it.

He won't be there long. Huge amount of Paragon is better than skill in this game. I bet #1, #2 & #3 are at least triple his.

Season 12: rank #2 final.
Season 13: rank #1 final.

can't get in game now to see the paragon of those clears but he's only 2700 NS. So split that between at least 2 top rank seasons.
blizzard won't ban bots so don't bother about that, just forget it...... there is nothing we can do
^ So, cheaters do prosper, according to Blizzard.
A lot of people misunderstand what it means to be active in D3. It's normal to step away from a running game to eat/clean/do chores and come back with your character still standing in town. 20h a day of grinding is almost physically impossible, but the game gives plenty of leeway before it kicks you.

And 8 hour days = the most hardcore players? those are rookie numbers. Streamers are popping Adderall and pulling multi-day streams these days. And before that, there are stories of MMO players gaming to death. 8 hours is only hardcore for those with full-time jobs.
Cap paragon for the leaderboards.
Some of you can do exceptional math. I have played more this season than any other and I have only barely got over 1100. I suppose it is possible to play masses of clan rifts and get many more points because group play gives more experience, but I believe that if I played 18 hours per day I would be under 2K and I even doubt that, because the experience points require more XP as you increase.

Anything is possible and who knows, maybe they have three or four people sharing the same account which would enable a 24hr game. Yes I believe it's against the TOS, but some people do it.
07/29/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Bassdude
Some of you can do exceptional math. I have played more this season than any other and I have only barely got over 1100. I suppose it is possible to play masses of clan rifts and get many more points because group play gives more experience, but I believe that if I played 18 hours per day I would be under 2K and I even doubt that, because the experience points require more XP as you increase.

Anything is possible and who knows, maybe they have three or four people sharing the same account which would enable a 24hr game. Yes I believe it's against the TOS, but some people do it.

1040 para here. Still getting 1 level per 2man rift 95. Doing 105 rats or 120+ meta will get you to 2k easy.
07/29/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Bagline
07/29/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Bassdude

1040 para here. Still getting 1 level per 2man rift 95. Doing 105 rats or 120+ meta will get you to 2k easy.

Thanks for teaching me something. I do not play META and you obviously have had some experience with it and know the math.
Yes some of the META's I have seen unbelievable leaderboards.

The Koreans have done GR150 as a META team. That blew me away. The XP for a GR that high would be huge.
edit: pointed to the post before the one above

^ but 3000+ paragon?
07/26/2018 11:09 PMPosted by dogma420
^ what would they use to prove the player is botting?

what exactly would you do to prove someone is botting?

24 hour per day uptime is proof.
Botting gives a huge advantage but those few freaky amazing players will still beat the botters. I have seen low paragons have very high GR clears. One famous barb who did admit to botting could clear very high Greater rifts with lets say 1000 paragon while me for example could be at P1700 and he would clear 10 levels higher while not botting. My NS crusader I could clear 112 at p 3300 (WEAK) but my seasonal i have cleared 110 only at P1900. Paragon is diminishing return like many stats. But, yes, botting is poison to this game and they need to figure out how to stop it for sure.
07/30/2018 05:55 AMPosted by idontcare
07/26/2018 11:09 PMPosted by dogma420
^ what would they use to prove the player is botting?

what exactly would you do to prove someone is botting?

24 hour per day uptime is proof.

well, why doesn't Blizzard do something then?

do they approve of botting if they don't do anything?

I think that 24 hour uptime isn't enough proof. if it was, 20% more of players would be banned. easy, no problem doing that...if they banned based on 24 hour per day uptime.

there are at least 500 players who have that stat '24 hour per day uptime'.

ban them all? they're probably thinking that's a lot of lost future revenue for a game that is essentially done.

it is against the TOS that you agree to, however.

that being said, I've never cared to bot myself, I mean, you have got to be the worst of the worst to bot this game. I don't ever look or think about what another player's stats are, maybe I'll look at paragon, but it doesn't really matter on D3. they should ban so they can't go on the 'Blizzard App' to play anything, ever again. Overwatch and D2 come to mind; there are others.

force 'em to create a new profile for everything.
Why not use in-game reporting of botters ? Right click on the players' portrait and select "Check For Bot". If enough players in public games report suspicious activity, perhaps they will limit their botting to private games. Also, the rumor that JJKE is running regular rifts in public games while others complete the bounties is absolutely true. Most players who see him in a game vote to kick, and if it doesn't pass I bail on the game after one bounty is collected and let the remaining players know why.