3000+ paragon is botting

General Discussion
Time in game might not be the perfect data point to check for botting as everyone thinks. Let's say a player runs 4man games for 8 hours and when it is time to crash his friends tell him to stay in town while they farm bounties. He activates a numlk skill so the game will not disconnect for inactivity. Goes to sleep for 8 hours and when he wakes up joins friends for a few games then does the same thing while going to work. After work he comes home and does the same thing and this continues for a week. The game counter would show him playing 24/7 for a week but in reality he was not actually playing for 16+ hours of that time but just sitting in town. If they did this all the time and are running mostly ratruns you would see a high paragon player with a crazy amount of time played.

I'm not saying everyone with a huge amount of time in game is doing this but I know several people that do.
07/31/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Hondomac
Time in game might not be the perfect data point to check for botting as everyone thinks. Let's say a player runs 4man games for 8 hours and when it is time to crash his friends tell him to stay in town while they farm bounties. He activates a numlk skill so the game will not disconnect for inactivity. Goes to sleep for 8 hours and when he wakes up joins friends for a few games then does the same thing while going to work. After work he comes home and does the same thing and this continues for a week. The game counter would show him playing 24/7 for a week but in reality he was not actually playing for 16+ hours of that time but just sitting in town. If they did this all the time and are running mostly ratruns you would see a high paragon player with a crazy amount of time played.

I'm not saying everyone with a huge amount of time in game is doing this but I know several people that do.

that's a nice trick homeboy. But it still covers the botters that actually bot 24/7.

I admire their ambition. But for me, personally, I would definitely come back to the game if they(Blizz) made it possible to legally get rank 1, without cheating bot 24/7, or without doping.
07/31/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Veinmetal
07/31/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Hondomac

that's a nice trick homeboy. But it still covers the botters that actually bot 24/7.

I admire their ambition. But for me, personally, I would definitely come back to the game if they(Blizz) made it possible to legally get rank 1, without cheating bot 24/7, or without doping.

Rank 1 barb last season was perfectly legal and had like 1000 less paragon that his close rivals.
What's stopping you?
The only way anyone will ever know anyone has been banned due to the Privacy Act which Blizzard cannot circumvent, is when someone is streaming openly botting and/or saying they are, then getting cancelled while they are streaming, or if the banned person tells someone. This has happened no less than twice.
If you consider that the people streaming are sometimes trying to help people or make money which would indicate they would be good players and intelligent with the game, openly admitting on a stream is possibly the dumbest and least intelligent thing anyone has seen. There has to be positive proof.
I believe openly admitting publicly that they cheat is considered proof.

I see no point in cheating a game that measures individual skill against a machine or groups of individuals against a machine. It is no true test to bot it is the opposite.
There is no PvP so all someone is doing is getting a machine to play a machine by botting and reaping an AI's work. Kinda dumb and pointless if you think about it.
if u just realized that everyone can bot for free without any punishment then you are pretty slow ...
not everyone is a casual and needs sleeping . dont assume people are botting just because youre a lazy casual who needs to sleep all day llong
07/26/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Bagline
People always complain about botters(rightly so), but the currently rank 4 barb doing a 111 under 1000 paragon and few augments and jankey gear just shows you it's like 95% skill.

as far as botters though, I do agree they should be banned or segregated. I think it would be funny to have them segregated to a different server where no matter what GR they do, the leaderboard still shows them as rank #1.

you did a GR 5. GRATS RANK #1! GR60? GRATS GG RANK #1!

So patronizing, I love it.

no dislike, but:
-it's skill that noone else has, so that arguement is a nothingburger, sry
i hate topics like this just because it takes you YEAR's to gain lvls don't mean everyone else is like you

to gain 4k or 5k is very quite simple and easy you just do T13 untill you have like 2000 to 3000 keys and what you do is.. this special thing called rat runs
do them till you can't lvl gems higher than 115 to 116 or so from doing 110's speeds in 2 to 4mins once gems are there swap to another " Meta " with either wizard or witch doctor and jump into 125 to 130 speeds ull sooon hit 4k in just under a month or so if you are efficient enough at it or go support and make your life easyer with the free xp and free gem lvls its really simple but if you choose not to do so then don't complain im not having a go or ranting im just saying how it is everyone is diffrent its like i hate seasons but i don't play seasons total waste of time same with challenge rifts total waste of time
so many cheaters in this game, really makes it not fun if you like to compete on the leaders. and yes 2k extra paragon is a HUGE advantage no matter how good you are.
Ahoi, i am from europe.
Seems there was banwave specially in Season today.
Any informations about it ?
08/03/2018 02:26 PMPosted by shiverman
Ahoi, i am from europe.
Seems there was banwave specially in Season today.
Any informations about it ?

Hmm, a quick look at the EU Seasonal 4-man leaderboards does indeed seem to indicate teams with missing members. For example, the player I mentioned here...
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17617111728?page=14#post-280
...is no longer there, and the number one team only has three members on the board.
I know that rank 4-6 in 3playerseason did vanish in europe.
And yes, can see that some players miss in the highest ranks.
But look season 4player US rank1. No necro ....
3player US Rank1 : no necro ...

))