GR85+ builds that are easy to play?

Wizard
I have an armory slot for a Tal Rasha EB build thats a blast (ha!) to play between TX and TXIII, and a DMO ArcaneOrbit thats gotten me to GR85, but its DPS really tapped out.

I've tried something with Vyr but I've found I hate the Archon mechanic.
Firebird meteor I can't get going... Apparently it works better at higher GRs, but I can't play it past the low GRs.

DMO Frozen Orb seemed promising, but I can only take it to about GR75, well short of my Arcane Orbit version, mostly because I just can't juggle the complexity of keeping FB stacked, AND throwing in primary attacks often enough to keep stacked, AND dropping Slow Times, and I don't even know wtf to do with Black Hole.
And with this build I'm just getting more and more frustrated with the insane LMB mechanics we are forced to endure on the Desktop version.
Nevermind the Icy Veins version doesn't even have teleport without which I just feel claustrophobic.
I don't know if I've lost, or never had, the brain plasticity to deal with the force/move, force/not move, juggling positioning, with actually not running out of AP, maintaining primary and EB stacks.
Tal Rasha Meteor is a fun build all the way to GR95 with zero augments
07/30/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Avicenna
DMO Frozen Orb seemed promising

There are many DMO Frozen Orb build variants. In fact, the highest pushing variant doesn't use EB, BH, or Illusory boots at all. Teleport to your heart's content!
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/meteor-wizard-tal-rasha-variation

Here is the Tal Meteor build I liked. I really liked the option to keep a Frost Nova if enemies get close.
07/30/2018 03:32 PMPosted by storytime42
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/meteor-wizard-tal-rasha-variation

Here is the Tal Meteor build I liked. I really liked the option to keep a Frost Nova if enemies get close.

Out the box it works at T13 without any enchanting done and incomplete legendary gems. So its a good start.

Is it my imagination or is Frost Nova not triggered by the Etched Sigil?
Also seems a bit hungry for AP. Don't know if theres an enchant or something I've missed...
--
Ok. Fixed the enchants a bit. need a new chest as the current one is enchanted for my EB build.
--
GR 90 solo. Thats a first.
07/31/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Avicenna
Out the box it works at T13 without any enchanting done and incomplete legendary gems. So its a good start.

Is it my imagination or is Frost Nova not triggered by the Etched Sigil?
Also seems a bit hungry for AP. Don't know if theres an enchant or something I've missed...
--
Ok. Fixed the enchants a bit. need a new chest as the current one is enchanted for my EB build.
--
GR 90 solo. Thats a first.

Not your imagination. FN is a cool down, not an arcane spender. Therefore the source does not cast.

A 4APoC is required. And one piece with RCR. But to much RCR is a waste.

I geared my chest for the meteor, and just used it on my EB T13 build. It worked well enough.

Congrats on the GR90!
07/30/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Death
Tal Rasha Meteor is a fun build all the way to GR95 with zero augments

Actually 100. Maybe I got lucky with pylons and and good maps?
Yes 100 easy. I did 100 last night first try paragon 1500 no augments. Plus non ancient weapon and orb !
Don't use Frost Nova. Ray of Frost (the cheap cast rune) is much better for when your AP drops, and for the RG. You want Aquila up as much as possible.
It's especially needed if you haven't rolled AS off your chest.
When stuff gets close you should be teleporting a lot.