Cap paragon for seasons

General Discussion
Every “top” player just devolves into 4 man rat runs for farming paragon all day. Its dumb, its boring, its bad for seasons, and i cant believe youve let it gone on for this long.

Cap paragon at like 1000, OR remove main stat from the “paragon farming”. Give it a tertiary stat like magic find or gold find. These seasons are disgusting on twitch. Its not even fun to watch.
Capping Paragon on Seasons won't fix the issue, as any dedicated pro can get 1000 paragons within the first 3 days of the season. Killing the player base early in season will only be counter-productive for the overall health of the game.

There is nothing wrong with people utilizing the tools that Blizzard has given in order to achieve high paragons. The real problem is that not everyone would consider the same old rat runs over and over again as exciting.

Perhaps the mechanisms that enable Rat Run Compositions could be looked into, and extrapolated onto other classes and builds moreso as a possible means of developing more efficient diversity and choices for players as a potential solution.

It is the Rat Run Group composition after all that has the unique efficiency in being capable of farming Higher GRs in less amount of time.
Capping paragon levels is equality of outcomes, rather than equality of opportunities. All a cap does is limit the players that could have done better.
07/29/2018 09:38 AMPosted by gammagulp
These seasons are disgusting on twitch. Its not even fun to watch.

Isn't it better to play the game than to watch someone else play the game?
07/29/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Khord

Isn't it better to play the game than to watch someone else play the game?

Por que no los dos? Why not do both?
I just don't get why someone else's Paragon level should be of even the slightest concern to me.
Every “top” player just devolves into 4 man rat runs for farming paragon all day. Its dumb, its boring, its bad for seasons, and i cant believe youve let it gone on for this long.

If you cap the paragons at 1000, most "top" players will hit that in a few days, then the rest of the season will be them running bounties to get mats to get primals. Does that seem more exciting?
I don't believe their should be a paragon cap but maybe their should be a cap on paragon main stat... maybe cap main stat at 2000 paragon (1000 is too low) and switch the per point to other stats like gold find or magic find. I personally like to push leaderboards but end up way behind in paragons at a certain stage in the season, yes this is my fault but tbh I don't like having to just end up farming main stat to keep performing top tier on leaderboards I would prefer to perfect my gear to perform well.... allowing an increase in magic and gold find would allow all players to focus more on perfecting their gear late season gold find being a added benefit (farming primal items more effiently and jewelry). I feel people end up dropping off seasons early because farming main stat just becomes a chore and is not entirely a fun experience and people like to play other games I guess....
07/29/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Hawkeye
I just don't get why someone else's Paragon level should be of even the slightest concern to me.

Because you don't competitively push solo leaderboards and play D3 the way you enjoy it??…
Paragon capped leaderboards is the answer!
Gear and gems levels make a small difference, almost all is paragon.
This would also bring people together again because currently paragon differences lead to segregation.
07/29/2018 04:58 PMPosted by NeMeSiS
I don't believe their should be a paragon cap but maybe their should be a cap on paragon main stat... maybe cap main stat at 2000 paragon (1000 is too low) and switch the per point to other stats like gold find or magic find. I personally like to push leaderboards but end up way behind in paragons at a certain stage in the season, yes this is my fault but tbh I don't like having to just end up farming main stat to keep performing top tier on leaderboards I would prefer to perfect my gear to perform well.... allowing an increase in magic and gold find would allow all players to focus more on perfecting their gear late season gold find being a added benefit (farming primal items more effiently and jewelry). I feel people end up dropping off seasons early because farming main stat just becomes a chore and is not entirely a fun experience and people like to play other games I guess....

I totally agree. I think that paragon cap might be a solution. Someone thinks that problem is "rath runs" but it's current effective meta. Meta could change somewhen and it will become something like "tal'rasha runs", "raekor runs" whatever. And still mid season will aswell become just to a boring +5 mainstat grinding.
Season 14 is a first season for me. And i liked it at the start, i enjoyed even public games. Now i have on my wiz 1400 paragon, pretty good gear with 100 caldesans and 112 GR closed. I realize that to go higher i have to play a lot to farm paragon, which is boring. So this season ends for me.
I could enjoy it more and play more if there would be paragon cap at 1500-2000 and endgame is would be improving gear.
------------------------------
It's just my personal opinion. As for me, i just have a lot of fun from identifying legendaries and these feelings from "Woohoo its primal!". But of course i understand that someone prefer endless, stable getting +5 main stat
07/29/2018 07:33 PMPosted by GAK
Paragon capped leaderboards is the answer!
Gear and gems levels make a small difference, almost all is paragon.
This would also bring people together again because currently paragon differences lead to segregation.

This is an interesting concept which I agree could work well, it also allows Blizzard to introduce customized leaderboards to allow both capped and uncapped leaderboards (not really ideal but would stop haters and what iffers being forced to go uncapped they can continue following the paragon train). I also always wondered if specific set leaderboards would work but all they really need to do is add a filter to existing leaderboards to group the sets so you know how you are progressing without slowly checking every ranked players gear....
07/29/2018 05:32 PMPosted by NeMeSiS
07/29/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Hawkeye

Because you don't competitively push solo leaderboards and play D3 the way you enjoy it??…

Yep, seems I'm doin' it wrong... hehe.
CAP Seasons at 2k Paragon. That is all

And how exactly is it different from every season since Twister became meta ?

I'd argue no-boss runs were even more disgusting ...
This "cap paragon" comes up every Season, asserted usually by players who have no hope of getting on the Leaderboard anywhere near the limit that would be imposed by a cap. Like the OP, 4 characters at P778, thinking P1000 might be his limit, and knowing that he will not be able to compete with players who have Paragon levels in the three-thousands.

But face it. People like to see their names in lights, and in this game, those "lights" are the Leaderboards.

But as the game progresses, and more and more players are reaching into the 2000-3500 Paragon range, new and casual players simply have no chance of ever seeing their names in the top 1000.

The solution is the creation of 9 more Leaderboards (for a total of ten), each with 1000 places, and their separation by Paragon level. For example:

0-750
751-1250
1251-1700
1701-2000
2001-2500
2501-3000
3001-4000
4001-4500
4501-5000
5001 and up

Each player earning a place on the Leaderboard would keep that place, even after moving to the next category, until they are bumped off the end of the list by upcoming players.

It is conceivable that a single player could appear on all ten Leaderboards, and it is possible that the number one spot will never be replaced, if no other player can achieve that level of performance at that particular Paragon level.

High level players of any variety will never be able to crash the party, because in gaining the power to do so, they will surpass the Paragon level of the board they are aiming to dominate. Players will always be playing against a reasonable selection of their peers, and the Leaderboard at their division will show it.

Note: Each Leaderboard would still track the same four venues: Normal, Hardcore, Season, and Season Hardcore. And of course each of these venues would still track the same 10 character categories: the seven single classes, and two, three, and four players.

That's going to work out to 400 Leaderboards, each tracking 1000 places, which means this game would track and place more than 400,000 players, and everyone who really tries should be able to get onto a Leaderboard somewhere.
08/20/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
The disappointment all of us face when we look at those higher paragon leveled players, is the realization that they are playing Diablo in a very strange way and that we are doing it wrong. No, the sad reality is that you cannot continue to enjoy your demon hunter,

Most likely paragon 2.0 won't be changed. Season capping isn't a solution in spite of those hitting p3000/p4000 in a 3month season. Some rat run. Others just zbarb or zmonk then use high paragon to leaderboard rank on characters they rarely play. Remember paragon 1.0? 1.0 wasn't account wide and capped individual characters at p100. What if accumulated experience would be blended based on whichever character you are grinding with vs account wide? Idea is that played character class gets 2/3 experience while account wide gets 1/3. No caps. High paragon players tend to focus on just a few characters. Yes, its implementation would be confusing -- single account paragon that game mode or each character class with different? Unfair advantage isn't just using hacks and exploits. Perhaps doing such would make it easier for those without high paragon to rank by simply playing the characters they love.
capping paragon trades rat runs for bounty runs

capping bounties/primal gear trades bounty runs for material runs

having a preset character with locked paragon, locked gear and gems defeats the purpose of having seasonal ladders

if you want skill based leaderboards, go get rank 1 on the weekly challenge rifts
The high paragons of other players doesn't bother me so much as the extremely limited options available to the average player to reach those same/similar levels.

-You have to play Seasons. Good luck finding ppl in NS to group with
-You have to (or it really really helps) to have friends and/or a clan that are GG
-You have to play one of a handful of builds that are part of just 2-3 group metas.
-You can't play DH. Period. Seriously. Of all the high grift metas, DH is the only class that doesn't fit at all. Not a single role. DH get laughed out of group grift games. So sorry DH players!
-If you're a monk or a barb, have fun NEVER DOING DAMAGE. I'm sure you dreamed of playing your favorite RPG series and being a #*$&ing healer. Even better, your role as the super beefy strong berzerker Barbarian? Pick up health globes. WHAT THE ACTUAL...

They killed Critical Mass and then allowed zpds WDs to perma stun. Then they nerfed cc but created the Necro class with LotD skill, which YOU GUESSED IT, basically perma stuns.
This is not ARPG my friends. This is MMO

ARPG group games should not be so insanely dependent on every last player running the exactly correct skill and wearing the exactly correct item. Maybe you have a "paladin" giving people an aura, maybe another class debuffs monsters, but that should be the end of it! Everybody should do damage, and you shouldn't need a character that does no damage with a bunch of 'tricks' to reduce ridiculous cooldowns.

I mean, in what kind of world do they think it's ok for this in a Diablo game:

It's more effective to have only 1 or 2 people do damage in a 4-person group than to have ALL 4 people do damage.

sad

/rant
Cap paragon at like 1000, OR remove main stat from the “paragon farming”.

Or drop anyone that makes a hateful post like OP from his highest paragon of 778 down to 100 so he feels the pain of what he is angrily proposing.

Here is OP as he posted at that moment, "WaaaWaaa I am so upset that other people are over 2000 paragon and I don't spend the time myself to even get over 1000."