Is hardcore dead?

Hardcore
Doesn't seem like anybody plays public games in HC seasonal, I remember a few seasons ago there were plenty of people.

What happened :(
Join a community.
Join a clan.
Add friends.

Have to be a little social in Hardcore or play solo.
Season 14 went live on June 5. You are only paragon level 74 and have yet to obtain a six-piece class set. No offense, but you have fallen way behind the other players in the Hardcore community, who tend to be more competitive than the average "Softcore" Seasonal player.

Provided you have unlocked Torment 10-13, there will always be a few open Public Games with a handful of mostly-casual players. However, from past experience, non-Seasonal Hardcore Mode becomes a ghost town when a Season is active.

So, my advice would be to either reach out to others through Chat, or grind out some paragon levels and gear until you are able to find an open Public Game. Because, your chances of finding another low-level character two months into a Season are slim.
08/16/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Ambush
Doesn't seem like anybody plays public games in HC seasonal, I remember a few seasons ago there were plenty of people.

What happened :(

The people are there. I just join a t13 game and it said there were "0" games. I started a thread about this that it is problem with HC. About a week ago it seems that HC just drop off big time. I have played all season.
08/16/2018 11:08 PMPosted by HelloKitty
Season 14 went live on June 5. You are only paragon level 74 and have yet to obtain a six-piece class set. No offense, but you have fallen way behind the other players in the Hardcore community, who tend to be more competitive than the average "Softcore" Seasonal player.

Provided you have unlocked Torment 10-13, there will always be a few open Public Games with a handful of mostly-casual players. However, from past experience, non-Seasonal Hardcore Mode becomes a ghost town when a Season is active.

So, my advice would be to either reach out to others through Chat, or grind out some paragon levels and gear until you are able to find an open Public Game. Because, your chances of finding another low-level character two months into a Season are slim.

Well, to explain my low paragon.. I actually leveled up a season HC to 70 first. I tried to find public games for the first week and there weren't any that I could see, so I switched to SC , which has a lot more people on at all times.. only downside is that SC is so boring .. bleh.
08/19/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Ambush
08/16/2018 11:08 PMPosted by HelloKitty

Well, to explain my low paragon.. I actually leveled up a season HC to 70 first. I tried to find public games for the first week and there weren't any that I could see, so I switched to SC , which has a lot more people on at all times.. only downside is that SC is so boring .. bleh.

If you're looking for someone to play with I got you.
08/19/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Ambush
I actually leveled up a season HC to 70 first. I tried to find public games for the first week and there weren't any that I could see, so I switched to SC

Sounds like you're not a self starter.

Join a HC clan and perhaps someone will help you out.

Each new Season:
I start out at 11 am on Europe leveling a fresh new Season hero to 70 and get full 6 piece set in less than 5 hours to about paragon 100.

Then when 8 pm hits I start on Americas and do it again.

It is so easy to get the 6 piece set in an hour or so once you hit 70.
You got it man.
HD died once because of server shutdown and, as per policy, it hasn't been revived!
Damn!

Mwahahaha! :P
Interesting. Just reading the posts in this thread, it's fascinating that there's ladders in the game now. For context, I haven't played Hardcore (or even Diablo) since 2013 when my main was disconnected -- I was at Paragon 88 when it happened. My goal was to get to Paragon 100 in the fastest possible time. And I would have done it; but damn disconnections.
Dude this game is dead.... lol. It only alive first couple weeks of season. Don't get why seasons so long literally nothing to do after a couple weeks.
Join a good clan..

I prefer solo, but a clan and playing in a group can help you level every quickly in Season play..

Good luck.
08/29/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Dukus
Dude this game is dead.... lol. It only alive first couple weeks of season. Don't get why seasons so long literally nothing to do after a couple weeks.

But here you are hovering over the corpse :-)
Dude this game is dead

Only dead to people that don't play much.

I'm in a good HC clan and we have so much fun playing every day at least 6 hours a day or more.

Solo HC players believe the game may be dead, but it is not.

There are tens of thousands of players in D3, but with less than two weeks left it has become quiet.

September 21st will see a giant upsurge of over a million players world wide, starting the new season.
09/03/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Chetanji
September 21st will see a giant upsurge of over a million players world wide, starting the new season.

I don't think so, you might see only a 10th of that. HC Is a small group vs SC. I have over 90 people in my clan. Only about 5% play HC. Just look at the forum HC side VS SC side.
Dude this game is dead

I'm in a good HC clan and we have so much fun playing every day at least 6 hours a day or more.

There are tens of thousands of players in D3, but with less than two weeks left it has become quiet.

I really don't get how. It's same builds, with same endgame every season. I get going all out on a season or two but after that..... I don't get it lol. Do people not have anything better to do than "grind for that extra paragon level" or augment lol. Ah well. You do you my friend. I am over that !@#$. After a week nothing for me to do in this game. I wish they would have stat squished and reduce damage creep and then balanced builds but I guess it doesn't matter. People can now pretend there "gr 100" clears are cool now.... when they just basiclaly GR 80 or 85 or w/e from few seasons ago. Same can be said for other clears if you go back to past seasons as well.
09/03/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Dukus

I really don't get how. It's same builds, with same endgame every season. I get going all out on a season or two but after that..... I don't get it lol. Do people not have anything better to do than "grind for that extra paragon level" or augment lol. Ah well. You do you my friend. I am over that !@#$. After a week nothing for me to do in this game. I wish they would have stat squished and reduce damage creep and then balanced builds but I guess it doesn't matter. People can now pretend there "gr 100" clears are cool now.... when they just basiclaly GR 80 or 85 or w/e from few seasons ago. Same can be said for other clears if you go back to past seasons as well.

You could be missing out on something totally different. Your expectations of the game may be different to others. You can play solo or you can be a little more social and play with others. It's not difficult to find new friends and play in a group after joining a community. If reaching GR100 is your goal, then see you next season or whatever interests you. Maybe you can ask the gamers who have reached Paragon 3k+ the same question. It's not always about the grind.
09/03/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Dukus
I really don't get how. It's same builds, with same endgame every season.

They don't get it either. Yes it is the same builds season after season. But the thing is Blizzard makes easier and easier every season to get paragon.

09/03/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Sherwin
Maybe you can ask the gamers who have reached Paragon 3k+ the same question. It's not always about the grind.

That is all this game is about grind!!!. If talk about the people that are at 3k+. Those are the people that sit in front the screen 24/7 grinding away.
Its funny, I was looking at my time played by season the other day, and it was something like:

s1: 586 hrs
s2: 231 hrs
s3: 340 hrs
s4: 489 hrs

I played a TON of 4 man in s4, really pushed hard on paragon, was really worried about it, and I ended up with p1174 at seasons end. It was fun and I really enjoyed it.

This season I have only 130 hours but have p1180 already. I'm not necessarily grinding paragon, but rather trying to get gems for push and augments, and just enjoying runs with my friends. Strangely enough, a friend I just ran with earlier has p2290 and he has spent 587 hours in game this season. p2290 is enough paragon to get him into the top 10 in at least one class that he has literally played less than 10 hours this season.

We know another guy with 868 hours who's p3100 though. That's a lot of paragon for sure, but he's enjoying himself so who cares?