D3 Switch Season sub is required! Bummer :(

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
09/04/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Orrion
The only point that matters is that this is not a subscription for D3. It's a subscription for Nintendo.

900 para speaks words for his company Nintendo.

A casual D3 player works for Nintendo and trolls the forums looking for a way to make Nintendo great.

What a Troll!
09/04/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Chetanji
09/04/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Orrion
The only point that matters is that this is not a subscription for D3. It's a subscription for Nintendo.

900 para speaks words for his company Nintendo.

A casual D3 player works for Nintendo and trolls the forums looking for a way to make Nintendo great.

What a Troll!

Sequence of events:

1) Chet posts nonsense.

2) People tell him it's nonsense.

3) Chet complains about trolls.

4) Chet starts to troll people.

Congrats on the irony of that, champ.

Too bad I have an Xbox account you can't see with a higher Paragon than you. Probably played this account more than you, too, just not in the era where experience has ballooned.

Also, Nintendo isn't my company. Switch is the first thing I've bought from Nintendo in 22+ years.
09/04/2018 06:05 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
I don't think that they would port it to switch for free. Where the only thing they are getting is the money from the purchases of D3 on Switch ($59.95).

You mean exactly like they did for the PC when they first released it and only got the one time cost of when the game was bought and the same for the consoles?
08/23/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Chetanji
In order to play D3 seasons on Nintendo Switch you are required to pay $ 19.99 per year to Nintendo. ( you can pay per month if you wish )
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/pricing/

Otherwise you just play off line and can play with others via a lan connection just like Diablo II.

I can tell you I won't be playing D3 on the switch. I have no problem with the pc version.

How about the rest of you guys/gals? D3 on Switch for seasons worth it?

Do you get internet for free? If so divide you yearly contract by 12 and there ya go your Diablo 3 PC subscription on a monthly basis.

A more legitimate reason not to buy on switch is this game is old yesterdays news why bother? I won’t be buying on switch cause I don’t know lay the PC version anymore. Just hoping for a D2 HD remaster at this point.
08/24/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Uchikinawa
I thought people were begging for a monthly subscription fee from the beginning?

You got your wish. So stop crying and pay up.

Yes, DIII Switch is the best thing since sliced bread. Read the forum, it'll educate you.

Good point indeed!
Ain't player paying their Switch subscription anyway? haha
At any rate there are other option better than sliced bread. For example banana nutella crepes!
09/04/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Orrion
Too bad I have an Xbox account you can't see with a higher Paragon than you. Probably played this account more than you, too, just not in the era where experience has ballooned.

You xbox account is a hack job! lol.
I have never played on console 'cause of the hacks.

Also, Nintendo isn't my company. Switch is the first thing I've bought from Nintendo in 22+ years.

Then why do you keep trolling about Nintendo when I said in my OP:

Fact: D3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch

Fact: In order to play D3 Seasons on Nintendo Switch, one must pay a sub!

lolo, go away troll, back to your console forum and leave proper PC players in peace!
Thanks.
09/05/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Chetanji
olo, go away troll, back to your console forum and leave proper PC players in peace! Thanks.

Says the person that is carrying on over you need a sub to play seasons on the switch. Why don't you go back to playing on your switch and leave us PC players alone
I haven't read everything in this thread but I'm really not sure what the big fuss is about. As a PC player that isn't really surprising.

You need to pay a fee to use the Switch online services. D3 seasons on Switch require those services. Where's the issue? You're not paying for the seasons, you're paying for the online services. And as propably stated multiple times, it's extremely unlikely people get Switch merely for D3, making the price of those online services a bargain. 20$/year is really cheap compared to other consoles.
09/05/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Kirottu
You need to pay a fee to use the Switch online services. D3 seasons on Switch require those services. Where's the issue?
So true.

[sarcasm]
Wait! I have to pay a monthly fee to my ISP to have internet service and play D3 on a PC online. I am so mad at "Blizzard" for this!
[/sarcasm]

Of course, I do much more online than just play D3. So, maybe I shouldn't be mad at Blizzard at all. ;-)
09/04/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Chetanji

What a Troll!

The troll accusing everyone else of being a troll is a pretty elementary trolling tactic.

Disappointing.

You xbox account is a hack job! lol.
I have never played on console 'cause of the hacks.

Hack jobs max the Paragon at 10k because there’s no reason not to.

I don’t have 10k.

Then why do you keep trolling about Nintendo when I said in my OP:

Fact: D3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch

Fact: In order to play D3 Seasons on Nintendo Switch, one must pay a sub!

lolo, go away troll, back to your console forum and leave proper PC players in peace!
Thanks.

Do you get paid to do deceptive marketing, or are you really just that clueless?
The switch as a whole is a joke!
be happy you can play it offline. I would love to try HC mode with friends on LAN or alone.
08/24/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
Isn't it like this for all consoles? They all gate online play behind a paywall, which boils down to MS, Sony and Nintendo being greedy just because they can get away with it. Their online infrastructure is ridiculously bad, and at best they con people into believing they give "free" games. Fortunately we don't have that crap on PC, while still getting a few freebies from the multiple storefronts available every now and then.

not at all, on ps4 seasons can be played solo without ps+ subscription
08/24/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Chetanji
08/23/2018 06:46 PMPosted by hawkkiwi
but if you have a switch and already have games like splatoon 2 you will be getting the online anyways so makes no difference for diablo 3

It means one must pay $ 19.99 per year to play D3 Seasons.
If one is already paying that fee it does not change the fact one still paid.

08/23/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Orrion
You do realize that to play it on consoles you have to pay for Xbox Live and Playstation Network, right?

This is nothing new, and in fact Nintendo’s service is cheaper by a lot.

Again it does not change the fact you must buy 3 things:
1) $ 300 for switch platform
2) $ 60 for Diablo 3 Eternal Meltdown
3) $ 12.99 per year in order to pay seasons.

Is it worth it to you? That is my question.
I won't be playing the D3 on the switch.
You forgot internet connection costs. Can’t play online without internet. Probably should include rent/mortgage and electricity. Oh, and, water because you gotta take bio breaks. Hotpockets and mnt dew (if that’s your thing)

Exaggerated for effect but the point should be clear. To add to that, do the same for playing on a PC. I know my PC is way more expensive than a Switch
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID IN 2018 ? every console players should know by now that online play requires subscription !!! did you guys never own an XBOX or PS before ? why did you guys think the Switch would be any different ? it baffles my mind.
I will be buying a switch just to play D3 on the go and dont really mind paying 40 bucks a year for the family online access. I currently onw it on PC and PS4 and come NOV 2 on the switch.
First off this post is very misleading in its title. FACT: you do not need to pay a sub to play d3. FACT: you pay a 20$ sub a year for online play for the switch. ( just like xbox ,etc). You people who whine about it must be either 8 years old with no allowance, or I cant use that type of language here.
08/24/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Soifon
I haven't played on a console since the PS2

but putting day 1 purchase game content behind a subscription paywall is a -ing joke.

how do you - up this badly blozzord?

why even have pc servers for a 1 time purchase game on PC if you can just charge a sub fee for it?

Are you for real? All online services on the switch require the subscription. This has nothing to do with a paywall. If you want to play the game online then you have to use Nintendo Online Services.
Hey all!

I see there’s some confusion about the necessity of the Nintendo Switch Online service in relations to the upcoming Diablo III: Eternal Collection. To clarify, access to playing Seasons does not require a Nintendo Switch Online subscription. However, access to online multiplayer does.

This is identical to the way gameplay features function for the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Diablo III as well. Hope this makes the situation more clear!