Something I don’t understand about rathma’s

Necromancer
I just finished my rathma armor set and jesseth set (still need some rings) but for rathmas, it gives a bonus to army of the dead skill, why is everyone using land of the dead in these builds? Wouldn’t army be better because of the benefit?
Army of the Dead isn't boosted by Jesseth Arms. Your main damage source is the skeletons.

Land of the Dead is for Krysbin 3x bonus & unlimited Devour spam. When you encounter a big pack, pop Simulacrum so your Essence pool becomes 600, pop Land of the Dead then spam unlimited Devour to gain a lot of Essence and spam Singularity mages.

10 Singularity summoned at 600 Essence + 3x bonus from Krysbin should melt everything on screen.
08/24/2018 10:30 PMPosted by GoosePants
I just finished my rathma armor set and jesseth set (still need some rings) but for rathmas, it gives a bonus to army of the dead skill, why is everyone using land of the dead in these builds? Wouldn’t army be better because of the benefit?

Land of the dead allows you to use devour with no cooldowns, freezes all enemies proccing Krysbin, etc. So with land of the dead you can constantly bet at full essence get 10 Skeletal mages from full essence, freeze all nearby enemies, and take reduced damage from the fact that enemies are frozen thus less risk. Rathma is very glass cannon so anything that prevents you from taking damage and allows you to annihilate your enemies is ideal. Army of the Dead just isn't worth it.
Thanks. So is it common to use sets but not all of the skills they benefit?
What is the most effective build with rathmas and jesseth? Currently trying to finish the faceroll build. Also, when it says a skill increases health, does that permanently or just for a certain amount of time?
08/25/2018 09:51 AMPosted by GoosePants
Thanks. So is it common to use sets but not all of the skills they benefit?

It's not uncommon. The Wastes set used to buff Rend and Whirlwind but the old design of the set you could instantly die if you stopped WW'ing long enough to Rend. They recently changed it so the toughness buff from WW lasts for a few seconds when you stop but I'm pretty sure that most Barbs got used to not using Rend and just skip the skill. Monks Sunwuko set buffs 3 skills but basically every variant only uses 1 of the three since the corresponding legendary items only buff 1 of them and you stack as many as you can into your build.
Ah ok, thanks.
Theoretically a ratma build utilizing fate's vow and army of the dead could be used, however the other options available are just so much better. You can still try making a build focused on army of the dead with ratma's, it just don't be nearly as good as standard ratma builds.
Thanks.