PLEASE give D4 a cash shop.

General Discussion
08/16/2018 08:32 AMPosted by naksiloth
Each studio have their own budget but that doesn't prevent Blizzard from dumping money IF they can get back their interest in a short notice. That's why we didn't have a second expansion pack in Diablo3, despite Overwatch being overly successful. So, both of ye are wrong and right at the same time. That depends on headquarters' (Activision AND Blizzard) interest.

This is the correct answer, surprised you guys didn't know.
I'd WAY rather have in game activities lead to transmogs, special dyes, wings, pets, stash (ESP. stash)... if we have to pay for reasonable stash space I'd be pissed. It is way better for the game to give transmogs etc. based on in game activity (ie. special quests, achievements etc.). It is supposed to be a dungeon crawling hacknslash and not an online shopping simulator.
08/16/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Ambush
08/16/2018 08:32 AMPosted by naksiloth
Each studio have their own budget but that doesn't prevent Blizzard from dumping money IF they can get back their interest in a short notice. That's why we didn't have a second expansion pack in Diablo3, despite Overwatch being overly successful. So, both of ye are wrong and right at the same time. That depends on headquarters' (Activision AND Blizzard) interest.

This is the correct answer, surprised you guys didn't know.

So.. you’re basically wrong and I’m basically right, and you knew and I didn’t?

Makes sense. /sarcasm.
I'd like to emphasize that both of you are wrong and right at the same time. There was nothing preventing Blizzard from dumping money if there was any interest in a franchise.
08/16/2018 09:14 AMPosted by naksiloth
I'd like to emphasize that both of you are wrong and right at the same time. There was nothing preventing Blizzard from dumping money if there was any interest in a franchise.

I don't think he will understand, he is a troll most likely.
08/15/2018 09:12 PMPosted by WittyGem
Well I wouldn't mind a cosmetic shop like Chinese D3 has.

https://imgur.com/a/8MH2G

Cosmetics have no bearing on in-game balance and they are extremely popular among the majority of players.

Transmogs, wings, dyes, pets..........why not? Hells, even stash tabs for those willing to fork out extra.

If they look as bad as that, I'd rather skip.
08/16/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Ambush
08/16/2018 09:14 AMPosted by naksiloth

I don't think he will understand, he is a troll most likely.

Says the guy who just made a new thread contradicting his stance here.

There goes any credibility you have.
08/16/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Ambush
08/16/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Steve

Of course that is how it works

08/16/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Orrion

That’s stupid. Of course it is.

Nope, try again.

No you say, noticed you didn't answer my question about how a cleaner working in a auto repairer gets paid seeing as they have nothing to do with actually repairing any cars
08/16/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Steve
08/16/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Ambush

Nope, try again.

No you say, noticed you didn't answer my question about how a cleaner working in a auto repairer gets paid seeing as they have nothing to do with actually repairing any cars

blizzard is not a car repair shop, a lot of businesses operate differently than others
08/16/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Ambush
I don't think he will understand,

Because you can't or won't explain it
It will have a cash shop. That's for sure. Now let's hope it's not an 'Ambush'.
08/16/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Ambush
blizzard is not a car repair shop, a lot of businesses operate differently than others

No they don't, they all operate to make a profit and place their profits they make wherever they need to put it to make their business more profitable and expand into other areas.
Your way of thinking is If I make a ton of money developing a game I can't use any of the profits from that game to make a different game because apparently I'm only allowed to use the money I made from my original game on the original game and nowhere else
Same as you think blizzard can only use the money they made from Diablo on Diablo, WoW money only used on WoW, etc. Seeing as that's the way it works where did they magic up the money to make overwatch? All the money they made was made from their other games and according to you they can't spend their money wherever they like, they can only use the money they get from their games only on the games that they got the money from
08/16/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Steve

Exactly!

It's also not operating as a company with a single game in the stable depending on a single source of revenue. They operate with a mix of games. Some live off micro-transactions, others subscriptions + game/expansion purchases with a cash shop, still others, like the classic games operate on a purchase once per content release and play as much as you like, all included.

So instead of a car shop, think of it more like a grocery super-store. Some items are what they call "Loss Leaders" in that they generate little to no profit on an item that attracts customers to the store for sale items. Other items are marked up a huge premium. In the end, it all averages out to a stable source of revenue.

So you have games in the classic section that they make a quick buck on at release, then face a drop in revenue down the line as the game ages. Provides an attraction to those on a entertainment budget. Also supplements the players that pay for their premium games that want a side game to play with no added expense on a regular basis. Take a break from one of the pay games, keep your subscription active while playing a classic game. Maybe just during a patch or a much needed break for a month or so.

The classic games may not provide the revenue of the pay as you go games, but they serve a purpose to the company. As a multi-billion dollar firm, they can afford to have a mix of revenue streams.

The downside in the view of the players that embrace only the classic games is that attention to the game by the developers is limited since you get what you pay for in the end. I don't think adding a cash shop to this game would produce the incentive, or fit in to the model that Blizzard uses for such games.
08/16/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Steve

No they don't, they all operate to make a profit and place their profits they make wherever they need to put it to make their business more profitable and expand into other areas.
Your way of thinking is If I make a ton of money developing a game I can't use any of the profits from that game to make a different game because apparently I'm only allowed to use the money I made from my original game on the original game and nowhere else
Same as you think blizzard can only use the money they made from Diablo on Diablo, WoW money only used on WoW, etc. Seeing as that's the way it works where did they magic up the money to make overwatch? All the money they made was made from their other games and according to you they can't spend their money wherever they like, they can only use the money they get from their games only on the games that they got the money from

08/16/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Griff

Exactly!

It's also not operating as a company with a single game in the stable depending on a single source of revenue. They operate with a mix of games. Some live off micro-transactions, others subscriptions + game/expansion purchases with a cash shop, still others, like the classic games operate on a purchase once per content release and play as much as you like, all included.

So instead of a car shop, think of it more like a grocery super-store. Some items are what they call "Loss Leaders" in that they generate little to no profit on an item that attracts customers to the store for sale items. Other items are marked up a huge premium. In the end, it all averages out to a stable source of revenue.

So you have games in the classic section that they make a quick buck on at release, then face a drop in revenue down the line as the game ages. Provides an attraction to those on a entertainment budget. Also supplements the players that pay for their premium games that want a side game to play with no added expense on a regular basis. Take a break from one of the pay games, keep your subscription active while playing a classic game. Maybe just during a patch or a much needed break for a month or so.

The classic games may not provide the revenue of the pay as you go games, but they serve a purpose to the company. As a multi-billion dollar firm, they can afford to have a mix of revenue streams.

The downside in the view of the players that embrace only the classic games is that attention to the game by the developers is limited since you get what you pay for in the end. I don't think adding a cash shop to this game would produce the incentive, or fit in to the model that Blizzard uses for such games.

you guys, I think we will just have to agree to disagree because this is derailing the thread
It's just hard to swallow to watch Path of Exile dish out new league after new league with tons of new content and cosmetics and supporter packs that is obviously fueled by a microtransaction cash shop. I think that's the one of the biggest reasons why Diablo fans are wanting a cash shop especially when their stash space is so small compared to Path of Exiles.
08/16/2018 11:04 AMPosted by GameFiles
It's just hard to swallow to watch Path of Exile dish out new league after new league with tons of new content and cosmetics and supporter packs that is obviously fueled by a microtransaction cash shop. I think that's the one of the biggest reasons why Diablo fans are wanting a cash shop especially when their stash space is so small compared to Path of Exiles.

i totally agree.

I hate PoE but it's hard to deny how much more content they are getting, simply because the developers and company have reason to add it.
08/16/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Steve

Of course, you're being far too logical :)

People often confuse "won't" with "can't". As a multi-billion dollar company, they have the resources for "can", but often choose "won't". Even if pumping revenue into a game resulted in a loss, it can be covered by a tax write off. They have simply chosen a path of "This is what you get for the money, take it or leave it".
Well I wouldn't mind a cosmetic shop like Chinese D3 has.
https://imgur.com/a/8MH2G
Cosmetics have no bearing on in-game balance and they are extremely popular among the majority of players.
Transmogs, wings, dyes, pets..........why not? Hells, even stash tabs for those willing to fork out extra.

i'd love to see that happen in future title.
players are ok with path of exile shop yet they lose their mind when someone suggest it here.
Blizzard have 2 free to play titles and we can see how the shops contain cosmetics only.
and if you're not welling to pay any extra money it's fine but don't speak for everyone here, the more money the developers receive the more content we will get.
even if the game was success i don't think you will get more than two expansions.. but why not more? D2 still playable by thousands if not a million to this day, imagine the joy if this game still receiving expansions and updates.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Says the GIRL* who just made a new thread contradicting his stance here.

There goes any credibility you have.

here is the attention you want.

Certainly not from you.

I’m not the one who has created 2 threads today, one of them a very controversial topic. I’d say that points to you more as an attention seeker than me.

08/16/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Ambush
08/16/2018 11:04 AMPosted by GameFiles

i totally agree.

I hate PoE but it's hard to deny how much more content they are getting, simply because the developers and company have reason to add it.

A cash shop for a D4 title wouldn’t necessarily give Blizzard reason to add such content. GGG does it frequently because they have to - their eggs are (or were) all in that 1 basket.

While I have no problem with a cash shop for cosmetics, I remain skeptical that money from it would all be folded back into D4. If that was how Blizzard operated D3 should be among the most funded projects in history given its sales.