Diablo 3 going to the switch is a GOOD thing.

General Discussion
They are clearly trying to gather more money so they can focus on Diablo 4.

It is a GOOD thing. I will personally be supporting their decision by buying Diablo 3 for the switch, and you should too.
In don't know... seems like a cash grab to me. D3 was a cash grab in general, but this thing seems even more of a cash grab.

They could have made a proper game for the PC, one that retains it's player base. I doubt they'll manage that with D4.
I expect D4 will be so bad to the point, that even D3 will seem great game in comparison...
Did Blizz hire you to beg on their behalf?
08/16/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Ambush

It is a GOOD thing. I will personally be supporting their decision by buying Diablo 3 for the switch, and you should too.

That’s stupidity.

Blizzard is one of the giants in the gaming industry. They have plenty of money for whatever the hell games they want to make. They don’t need sales from the Switch.

Besides, weren’t you the one arguing that Blizzard doesn’t fund other games with game sales?
hardcore would be my concern on switch

I ain't getting it

been playing pokemon go

190m xp
27m stardust

@teammysticCLE
08/16/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Lasagna

I ain't getting it

been playing pokemon go

190m xp
27m stardust

@teammysticCLE

people still play that game?
Instead of adding new features to D3, they announce useless stuff. Oh please.
08/16/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Ambush
08/16/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Lasagna

I ain't getting it

been playing pokemon go

190m xp
27m stardust

@teammysticCLE

people still play that game?

Has more players now than when it came out buddy
I will personally be supporting their decision by buying Diablo 3 for the switch, and you should too.

Nah....that'd require me to buy the Switch. Not interested.
Yeah because the billions that D3 made them wasn't enough. And Switch sucks anyway. How on earth are you supposed to play something like this on a screen that tiny?

Stupid waste of dev time & resources is stupid.
If Blizzard hopes to re-sell D3 to old fans that means they're miserable. Target audience here is a "lost wing" which can be described as nintendo fans; that would be a fresh breathe. And no, no one have to support them. People who bought NinSwitch will realize D3 is unrivaled in time. Blizzard doesn't need your pity.
The good parts

- There will be more players => D3 might not be dead and some updates might come.
- In general D3 is quite suitable for this console.

The bad parts

- Not sure if you ever played on Switch guys, but I guess NS version of D3 will be separated from other versions of the game.
- I do not have Switch and I´m not going to buy it just because of that. And does it mean that I would need to buy NS + Diablo 3 for it in case I decide to play it there? :S
- How the hell is the game going to run there, you need to be online when you play so...
They should offer some bonus for PC owners which buy Switch D3. So we earn D3 PC exclusives.

- A map with a high monster density just filled by elites. These elites could be bowser, super mario rpg enemies, etc.
- Bring back D2 cow portal level with some exclusive super mario rpg itens, and some exclusive cannon bazooka weapons itens and armor from Samus Metroid to DH.
- Maybe two new followers, one of them could be Link from the Zelda or the Max from the bomberman.
- Access for a new map just filled with elites. (we have to pay 2 keystone to enter or one ramaladni gift so we could pick the difficult or we can enter everytime but just in t13 difficult).
- New pets make nice sounds after we kill some elite packs.
- A token which pet could to carry to give rune skill damage buff. One not used rune skill with 500%+ bonus damage for that skill. Two token for each class it would be nice. So this would promote new gameplays and builds.
- +2 stash tabs.
- A new Zelda / Metroid themed transmog.

This way it would promote new content and more motives to D3 PC owners to buy D3 on switch to unlock more D3 PC features and content.

The whole argument that D3 didn't make enough money to support further development is getting old and also very near-sighted and just wrong. The Asia Region, has had a D3 cash shop for some time now and that alone has made Blizzard millions, cause Asia has some serious gaming whales that aren't afraid to spend on games they love and Blizzard games are loved in the Asia Region.

The reason D3 hasn't received any reasonable level of content is a lack of direction or possibly an internal conflict as to which direction to take D3. The result is what we've gotten the last few years which is... not much.

Whether they can turn it around remains to be seen, D3 on the Switch does not bode well. But we'll see, I guess there's more to be announced concerning their "multiple projects" tease.
08/16/2018 02:40 PMPosted by PardalBR
They should offer some bonus for PC owners which buy Switch D3. So we earn D3 PC exclusives

And what about those Xbox and PlayStation guys?
08/16/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Orrion

That’s stupidity.

Blizzard is one of the giants in the gaming industry. They have plenty of money for whatever the hell games they want to make. They don’t need sales from the Switch.

Its clear you've never owned any business
08/16/2018 02:00 PMPosted by EntityBlack
- How the hell is the game going to run there, you need to be online when you play so...

Console versions can play without being online.
Diablo, a beloved *PC* franchise, was bastardized and diluted to work on consoles.

(Gee, I wonder if killing skill trees and only being able to slot 6 skills has anything to do with the number of buttons on $&#@&# console controllers?)

I guess since they've already developed it for console, may as well port to another?
Overall, I could not possibly care less about console-related D3 news, to me Diablo should be a pure PC game. The fact that they're spending time and effort on console stuff makes me pessimistic about D4
08/16/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Ouroboros
08/16/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Orrion

That’s stupidity.

Its clear you've never owned any business

I never said they wouldn't make profit off of it.

I said they don't need the sales to fund their other projects. It should be rather obvious that the Switch won't sell millions of copies at this point in the game's life cycle.

Your understanding of English still isn't great.