Let's discuss PvP in the next Diablo game.

General Discussion
PVP definitely must come back.

People that don't like to PVP simply dont have to PVP.

It's like a pin-board in town, and someone is announcing "I give guitar lessons" and some people get mad "BUT I DONT WANT GUITAR LESSONS!!!". It's like wtf? Its not for you then, chill and move on.

Open-World-PVP should be based on consent, and both parties must agree to PVP combat. Additionally, those people that dont even want to be bothered with "PVP Requests" simply must be given an option in the settings to disable "PVP" altogether. Its so simple, and people need to take a chill-pill.

Additionally Ranked "Arena-PVP" should also exist where people can combat it out in a "Arena Setting". In that setting, there are various leader boards.

• Most Kills Leaderboard
  • Most "Pure Domination" Kills Leaderboard (pvp "Fatalities" that were the result of pure ownage)
  • Longest Kill Streak Leaderboard (most kills in a row)

• During combat, there should be kewl announcements like "Doublekill!!", "Mega-Kill", "Ultra-Kill", "Rampage!!!", "Killing-Spree", "Domination!", with an incredibly kewl Player-Pose of the winner standing like "The King of the Hill", and the losing player destroyed and ripped into pieces on the floor. (ok cool stuff like that is never going to happen at Blizzard-South, because "CareBearz").
    Pvp can be viable, you just need to craft your own "pvp set" in the blacksmith, yellow gear and focus on toughness (and damage of course) but the build should not have any damage multiplicator (no legendary powers, no legendary gems and nothing in the cube), i have tested the pvp with crafted yellow gear, normal gems and a focus on toughness and it was really cool, there are some videos:
    2ppl pvp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmle9hIIl1c
    3ppl pvp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xGrf-cl8jE&t=22s
    4 ppl pvp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arousejvf8U
    08/20/2018 03:11 PMPosted by ParaBellum
    we need PvP in this Diablo 3 game! and it is quite possible!

We know it's possible because it's called brawling.
    And if you want to sit there and tell me that the brawling arena isn't PvP please enlighten me what you can do in that arena besides PvP and what the purpose of it is. Or are you going to go the way of every other person that said they want PvP and refuse to explain the purpose of the brawling arena, after all it is the ONLY place in the game where you can hurt another player
    Also note, no one is saying that the brawling arena is anywhere near fair because first to hit wins but the fact remains it is still PvP
    I don't think that D2 PvP is anywhere near fair either when 70th+ level characters being able to come in and kill a 10th level but PvP players hold that up as a shining example of how PvP should work
    08/20/2018 04:17 PMPosted by TOPCommander
    PVP definitely must come back.

People that don't like to PVP simply dont have to PVP.

It's like a pin-board in town, and someone is announcing "I give guitar lessons" and some people get mad "BUT I DONT WANT GUITAR LESSONS!!!". It's like wtf? Its not for you then, chill and move on.

Open-World-PVP should be based on consent, and both parties must agree to PVP combat. Additionally, those people that dont even want to be bothered with "PVP Requests" simply must be given an option in the settings to disable "PVP" altogether. Its so simple, and people need to take a chill-pill.

Additionally Ranked "Arena-PVP" should also exist where people can combat it out in a "Arena Setting". In that setting, there are various leader boards.

• Most Kills Leaderboard
  • Most "Pure Domination" Kills Leaderboard (pvp "Fatalities" that were the result of pure ownage)
  • Longest Kill Streak Leaderboard (most kills in a row)

• During combat, there should be kewl announcements like "Doublekill!!", "Mega-Kill", "Ultra-Kill", "Rampage!!!", "Killing-Spree", "Domination!", with an incredibly kewl Player-Pose of the winner standing like "The King of the Hill", and the losing player destroyed and ripped into pieces on the floor. (ok cool stuff like that is never going to happen at Blizzard-South, because "CareBearz").

Again with insulting people who don’t agree with you.

Do you just have a pathological need to discredit your own posts?
    Should we have pvp in Diablo 4?

Personally I would like to have pvp in the next installment, but if we don't get it, I can live with that. But only if blizzard doesn't hype it up like they did with Diablo 3's pvp arena only to scrap it later on. I'm still a tad sore over that.

But if we do get pvp, it can't be like Diablo 2's hostile system.

No way in hell, and this is coming from someone who spent a majority of his time on Diablo 2 pvping.
    PvP in Diablo III was absolutely fine in its early stages. Having played it, it's not hard to come up with simple solutions to the problems that aRPGs face.

As a developer of a Diablo-clone game in my spare time, I came up with a PvP system that normalized gear, and cut certain skills out that were menacing to the heart of PvP combat, and once again, normalized the skills that clearly defined the role of each class.

The biggest problem that players face is bringing gear they've earned into a PvP battle versus having a pre-defined gear set to normalize damage values. Either way, PvP is possible, and it can be balanced asymmetrically.

The biggest problem Diablo III faced was that the game systems weren't developed in a way that contributed positively to a PvP experience. There were ways that systems could have lended to a positive PvP experience in Diablo III, but I will never debate or explain those in depth as I'm far too passionate about how I built the systems for my game to have them criticized by people who will never play it/don't do game system design.

Either way, PvP in Diablo II was never balanced, and was never meant to be. Games are much more competitive today and players expect a significant amount of balance between class roles. If that cannot be accomplished, I'd rather it not have PvP at all. The way PvP works now is so pointless in D3 that further proves having it just to say it's there just won't work.
    If you don't go overboard on numbers a non-separate PvP would just suffice but would need open trading for community to thrive within' it. Backdraw here is, you can't really allow quickplay and there'd be named servers. At the realm start some filters (or password UI) should apply even for servers created with no PvP in mind.

As for going overboard on numbers it'd need a separate mode with filters like level range and stat hardcap rules on game start. If you can not allow trading due to company profits (or some shady stuff) then you balance out the crafted gear or at least special items appear at vendors so people would have access to disposable PvP gear whenever they want. So every casual player can enjoy that without long winded optimization or empty chases.
    08/20/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Steve
    We know it's possible because it's called brawling.

omg rly?
    08/20/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Steve
    And if you want to sit there and tell me that the brawling arena isn't PvP please enlighten me what you can do in that arena besides PvP and what the purpose of it is.

what the hell are you talking about? -_-

read it again:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20767748066?page=1#post-17

P.S. brawling = PvP
    08/20/2018 03:21 PMPosted by ParaBellum
    PvP mode should be separate from other mods:
    campaign, adventure, challenge rift, brawling

think about it!