Question about the Black Soul Stone

General Discussion
I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the Black Soulstone first appeared in Diablo 3.

So... How did the 3 prime evils and 2 of the lesser ones got trapped in the Black Soulstone before Zoltun Kulle finished it? Did they just transported themselves there?

I've been replaying Diablo 3 this past week and this answer just eludes me.
When the Horadrim were tasked to capture the Prime Evils and imprison them in the three original soulstones, Zoltun Kulle was charged with bearing the artifacts. The search was long and arduous, but eventually, all three of the Primes were imprisoned. Kulle, however, was left a broken man, and the Horadrim did not hear of him until reports reached them that he had built an archive below the sands of Kehjistan. Jered Cain believed that Kulle had become obsessed with soulstones, and so was attempting to create one of his own—the Black Soulstone, capable of harnessing the essence of many angels and demons. Containing these essences, filled with rage, hope, fear, and valor, Kulle would use the soulstone as a substitute for his own black and empty heart. The Black Soulstone was a "profane simulacrum" of the original soulstones. Its construction remains a mystery, though Deckard Cain uncovered stories of Kulle forging the Black Soulstone from the bones of fallen magi. Another tale claimed Kulle extracted his own blood and crystallized it into the Soulstone.

By his own account, Kulle created the soulstone to ensure that humanity could rise above the shackles of Heaven and Hell. After all, the soulstones containing the three Prime Evils still remained in Sanctuary itself, and if not for Tyrael, the forces of Heaven would have wiped out humanity long ago. He believed that he could help mankind unlock its nephalem birthright and enter a golden age. Regardless of intent, the Horadrim feared that as a result of his experiments, he might effectively become immortal. They killed Zoltun Kulle, separating his head from his body and draining his blood....

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Soulstone
09/06/2018 04:36 PMPosted by AsagiD304
When the Horadrim were tasked to capture the Prime Evils and imprison them in the three original soulstones, Zoltun Kulle was charged with bearing the artifacts. The search was long and arduous, but eventually, all three of the Primes were imprisoned. Kulle, however, was left a broken man, and the Horadrim did not hear of him until reports reached them that he had built an archive below the sands of Kehjistan. Jered Cain believed that Kulle had become obsessed with soulstones, and so was attempting to create one of his own—the Black Soulstone, capable of harnessing the essence of many angels and demons. Containing these essences, filled with rage, hope, fear, and valor, Kulle would use the soulstone as a substitute for his own black and empty heart. The Black Soulstone was a "profane simulacrum" of the original soulstones. Its construction remains a mystery, though Deckard Cain uncovered stories of Kulle forging the Black Soulstone from the bones of fallen magi. Another tale claimed Kulle extracted his own blood and crystallized it into the Soulstone.

By his own account, Kulle created the soulstone to ensure that humanity could rise above the shackles of Heaven and Hell. After all, the soulstones containing the three Prime Evils still remained in Sanctuary itself, and if not for Tyrael, the forces of Heaven would have wiped out humanity long ago. He believed that he could help mankind unlock its nephalem birthright and enter a golden age. Regardless of intent, the Horadrim feared that as a result of his experiments, he might effectively become immortal. They killed Zoltun Kulle, separating his head from his body and draining his blood....

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Soulstone

Mmm... I got that, but how did the souls of those demons got trapped there?

So when we revive Kulle and he finishes the black soulstone, are we expected to believe that the souls of the prime evils just appeared there?
Adria activated the Black Soul Stone, 20 years before the events of D3. When the evils were destroys, ala D2, the souls were trapped into the newly activated stone. After all 7 evils were contained into the black soulstone, Adria implanted it into Leah. The prime evil was born.

Kulle did finish the soulstone, he just didn't have time to activate it. Watch the story unfold, just before he atacks you in his sanctuary he warns us that the soulstone was activated before that point in the story, and that we are being used for the ends of others. We don't know who, or why it was already activated till the end of Act 3.
09/06/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Nimrod
Adria activated the Black Soul Stone, 20 years before the events of D3. When the evils were destroys, ala D2, the souls were trapped into the newly activated stone. After all 7 evils were contained into the black soulstone, Adria implanted it into Leah. The prime evil was born.

Kulle did finish the soulstone, he just didn't have time to activate it. Watch the story unfold, just before he atacks you in his sanctuary he warns us that the soulstone was activated before that point in the story, and that we are being used for the ends of others. We don't know who, or why it was already activated till the end of Act 3.

So apparently Adria somehow bypassed the lock to Kulle's chamber made by the Horadrim with the key being Kulle's blood. I didn't know she was such a powerful mage.

Adria then took the stone and followed D2 heroes around whenever they killed a boss, trapped the boss, then carried this huge rock infested with 5 lords of Hell screaming inside ( not to mention its stability as shown in Act 3 when Leah struggled to contain them )...

Around Sanctuary and Hell.

With no one ( demon and human alike ) noticing such evil presence.

And back to Kulle's chamber, put the stone back in its place.

Not to mention in D2, the group of heroes defeated Mephisto and Diablo and put them back to their soulstones, then destroyed the stones in Hellforge to banish them to "the Abyss". How did Adria pull the souls back ?

Baal was defeated too, and right after that Tyrael appeared and teleported the heroes to safety then proceeded to destroy the corrupted Worldstone. If Adria sneaked in this moment, Tyrael would have sensed her presence.

Some one explained that Adria "tagged" the souls, then when Kulle finally opened his chamber, the 5 evils immediately "fly" into the stone. So they must be lingering somewhere in the World for 20 years ( again, no one noticed ). I don't think there was such a convenient magic system where you simply slap a tag onto an Evil's soul then it will go wherever you want ( like a mail delivery service ) but it's magic, duh.
The answer is that the designers of Diablo III were noobs that had no clue about the background and didn't care, either.

You can tell by how they have basically rewritten it to suit their needs.
he warns us that the soulstone was activated before that point in the story, and that we are being used for the ends of others

Thanks!!! I missed that part :D
09/06/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Kazi

So apparently Adria somehow bypassed the lock to Kulle's chamber made by the Horadrim with the key being Kulle's blood. I didn't know she was such a powerful mage.

Adria then took the stone and followed D2 heroes around whenever they killed a boss, trapped the boss, then carried this huge rock infested with 5 lords of Hell screaming inside ( not to mention its stability as shown in Act 3 when Leah struggled to contain them )...

Around Sanctuary and Hell.

With no one ( demon and human alike ) noticing such evil presence.

And back to Kulle's chamber, put the stone back in its place.

Not to mention in D2, the group of heroes defeated Mephisto and Diablo and put them back to their soulstones, then destroyed the stones in Hellforge to banish them to "the Abyss". How did Adria pull the souls back ?

Baal was defeated too, and right after that Tyrael appeared and teleported the heroes to safety then proceeded to destroy the corrupted Worldstone. If Adria sneaked in this moment, Tyrael would have sensed her presence.

Some one explained that Adria "tagged" the souls, then when Kulle finally opened his chamber, the 5 evils immediately "fly" into the stone. So they must be lingering somewhere in the World for 20 years ( again, no one noticed ). I don't think there was such a convenient magic system where you simply slap a tag onto an Evil's soul then it will go wherever you want ( like a mail delivery service ) but it's magic, duh.

I think you found the same plotholes I found as well.