Kadala and Salvage super fast. not fair? macro?

General Discussion
I just don't want groups to require you to be this fast. cus i won't do it.

I was watching a streamer and they're doing rat runs. When he went to gamble at kadala it took like a split second to fill his entire inventory and spend all his shards. is this some new macro or is he using scroll wheel or something? this seems really stupid. not fair imo.

Edit: WOW now he just salvaged half an inventory is a split second too! not humanly possible!

Also, wouldn't it better to stop gambling after you get the item you want? lol.

if people are going to expect me to go this fast in groups i might as well leave the group. i like to take my time in town and make sure i don't salvage something good.

I know I have to do wrist stretches every day before gaming or i get wrist pain from all the clicking and mouse movements. It's not fair to just automate your gameplay like this... I wish I could say his name on the forum or his clan name.
I mean... I don't use a macro or any type of automation when I play, and it takes all of 25 seconds to look through and salvage gear, as well as spend shards and salvage that gear as well. And also stopping by the stash to drop off keys, gems, etc.

It should not take more than 1 minute to go through everything in town and be ready for the next rift/grift, even if you're taking your time.
Have you tried to hold Ctrl or Shift while buying on her. I never tried and won't risk it since I don't want to spent my chances, but might be something like that.
09/03/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Ryoko
I mean... I don't use a macro or any type of automation when I play, and it takes all of 25 seconds to look through and salvage gear, as well as spend shards and salvage that gear as well. And also stopping by the stash to drop off keys, gems, etc.

It should not take more than 1 minute to go through everything in town and be ready for the next rift/grift, even if you're taking your time.

thanks for the downvote, but that's not the point i was making. usually you have to hit enter to confirm each salvage. this can be done super fast, and i do it fast as well. This guy took a split second to salvage about 15 items. probably the time it would take to salvage 1 or 2 by hitting enter super fast.
09/03/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Shade
When he went to gamble at kadala it took like a split second to fill his entire inventory and spend all his shards.
If you're only gambling for one specific item with Kadala rapid-clicking doesn't take long to spend your Blood Shard cap and fill your Inventory. Even if it's just Belts. (I've never tried Shift or Ctrl-clicking either, as Nostari mentioned).

WOW now he just salvaged half an inventory is a split second too! not humanly possible!
For White, Blue and Yellow items you can click the appropriate salvage button and press the Enter-key to quickly salvage all White, Blue and Yellow items respectively. Legendary items must be done one at a time, but you can still activate the Legendary salvage button, then click on each Legendary you want to salvage and press the Enter-key (instead of clicking the "OK" button).

Also, wouldn't it better to stop gambling after you get the item you want? lol.
People may continue gambling the same items in hopes of getting an Ancient or Primal version. Or just to get better Affixes.

i like to take my time in town and make sure i don't salvage something good.
Instead of looking for grinding and farming groups, maybe you should look for groups more suited to your play-style. Or just play Solo.

Edit: Just saw your second post. You already know about the Enter-key. :blush:
09/03/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Shade
thanks for the downvote, but that's not the point i was making.

I didn't downvote you, but I know what point you were making. No one cares if some streamer has a right click spam macro.
09/03/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Ryoko
09/03/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Shade
thanks for the downvote, but that's not the point i was making.

I didn't downvote you, but I know what point you were making. No one cares if some streamer has a right click spam macro.

nO oNe cAReS iF SoMe StrEaMer HaS a rIGht cLiCk sPam MAcro!

oh please. It's automating the game. It should be bannable imo. Plus moving the mouse, hitting click then enter super fast in one script / macro to salvage is more than just one button one action in the TOS. And i mean doing it as fast or faster than a scroll wheel where every tick salvages an item.
I've been playing with those Rathma pros a lot.
Indeed, they could kick you out of the game if you are not fast enough at salvaging/gambling!

The streamer you are referring to seems not to have learnt from his recent ban...
However he knows that Blizz is very selective on ban now. The experience shows that macro usage won't get you banned. Sad but true.

It was not the case a few years ago, tho!
09/04/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Ragnar
I've been playing with those Rathma pros a lot.
Indeed, they could kick you out of the game if you are not fast enough at salvaging/gambling!

The streamer you are referring to seems not to have learnt from his recent ban...
However he knows that Blizz is very selective on ban now. The experience shows that macro usage won't get you banned. Sad but true.

It was not the case a few years ago, tho!

The reason for blizzard being somewhat selective now on bans is actually quite simple. It is allowed to use numlock keyspam, it is also allowed to use mice with 500 buttons. Now with that allowed, its no longer that simple to go out and just say "OK that dude pressed button X 50 times per second, therefore he uses a macro" its also no longer that simple to say "Ok dude x pressed button X and Y 50 times within a second thats 100% a marco user". And while it might seem to be dumb to look at it that way, the worst possible outcome for Blizzard here is, banning one, just one dude not guilty of doing anything that was wrong. He will go on reddit and the likes and start a !@#$storm. And people will ride that %^-*storm because they are dumb.

Because i've not once heared anyone say "Well thats obviously !@#$ that you got banned, that means their system to get people who do things that are not allowed is not perfect yet, but do not forget that in the end this system is in place to make sure all those who use 3rd party programs to alter the gameplay, somewhen might be caught"

Now should you EVER see someone with enough common sense, to actually say this. It will take less then a day until someone who uses all the 3rd party programs comes along who then claims "Here look boooiiis, i use this this and that, never been caught, blizzard sucks. but HAHAHA they banned this idiot who did nothing wrong" and a second later you have the same if not worse of a %^-*storm all over again.

Now all this combined with the fact that D3 is literally dead weight for blizzard, because all it does is, that it costs them money. Its one of the last few online games out there without microtransactions, there are also no monthly fees to pay. There is no Esports scene for Diablo 3, because it is by no means a competetive game. So the only thing that there is, is someone actually buying the game, a game that is over 7 years old. You can imagine that the numbers of copies sold will not be that high. Which is why people claim since years that D3 is dead, and from an objective point of view it is. There was no new content implimented for years. They play around with some numbers here and there sure, but thats no new content, thats just altering the existing content to push even further, to the point where Gr 150 is cleared 2 or if it takes long 3 weeks into a new season.
And to be fair, i'm personaly still somewhat impressed that there is at least SOME form of support still out there for D3. The game doesnt do much for them, other than creating threads like this one were people complain about what blizzard should and shouldnt do. No one appreciates that a 7 year old game without any way to earn even the payment for the few devs still working on it, actually sees some support, even if it could be better.
You do not need to move the mouse to confirm crush just hit enter. It makes it go a lot faster.
Psst, Erzwo, start looking at thread dates.

Post you responded to was in September.. 9 months ago.