Help me solo GR70

Wizard
If you would please look at my wizard character (Hecate; ignore Arcana and Azuth, they're gear mules), I would appreciate it.

I can solo T13 and GR60, if I have my meat shield (Templar with Unity). I tried to solo GR63, but died 4-5 times before I completed it. I tried GR65, and died to the first mob near the entrance (not even an elite pack). (And when I go in a group for the shared-bounties at T13, I kept dying when soloing without the Templar.)

I've tried Firebird/Meteor. I've tried Vyr/Archon. I've done best, so far, with Tal Rasha/Meteor, with a focus on shields (to keep me alive).

I want to crack GR70, can anyone help me?
Cant find your profile. All servers are inaccessible with your profile. You should link your gears, preferrably on d3p or at least provide your server name. Try login in and out of game as well.
https://www.d3planner.com/196774498

Had to enter it manually. (I'm guessing that when I changed my username, I broke the link to my profile?)
Roll the socket on the source to 4 APonCrit. A better source will also have meteor dmg

Roll the socket on your weapon to % dmg and use a R-gift to get your socket.

Once you have 4 APoC you can change your belt to Tal Rasha and not use the RoRG in the cube. With this you will want max crit chance everywhere you can.

Cube Karini for max defence as a good COE is usually easier to find to wear. If your karini is best in slot (basically perfect), cube the COE. Wearing the unity gives you the +dmg to elites.

Lvl your Bane of the Trapped as high as you can get it. While you're at it, for pushing switch the Bane of the Powerful for a lvled Bane of the Stricken.

Your shields scale off of life, so amethyst in your helm will be very helpful.

Try that and see how it goes. We can always tinker afterwards, but I suspect this can get you to 85/90
Agree with storytime42. You don't need to use stricken unless your RG takes more than 2 min to kill. Helmet should have purple gem for vit or topaz for rcr.
09/09/2018 12:38 AMPosted by celtic08
Helmet should have purple gem for vit or topaz for rcr.

Your helm gem depends on how fast your resource drains and your Aquilla Curiass defense drops. You can control this by rerolling any IAS on gear and/or not spending paragon points on IAS. Keeping that Curiass buff is essential in staying alive since Amethyst is the preferred helm gem.
I roll with Topaz, myself, as ~26% RCR makes ray of frost absolutely free, and the arcane torrent nearly free if there's density. That, and manual casts of meteor every few seconds without worry of losing that Aquilla buff. While I'm not sporting perfect gear quite yet, take a look at the male wizard 'Deverik' I use to farm 95's with little to no problem as I'm getting my paragon/legendary gems higher.

Like others have said, 4 arcane on crit is mandatory. I wish you the best of luck man. :) Kadala and reforges are your best friend.
09/12/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Deverik
I roll with Topaz, myself, as ~26% RCR makes ray of frost absolutely free, and the arcane torrent nearly free if there's density.

If you make the channeling free, which is possible, then you don't proc the affix on the mantle of channeling shoulders.
09/13/2018 03:42 AMPosted by storytime42
09/12/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Deverik
I roll with Topaz, myself, as ~26% RCR makes ray of frost absolutely free, and the arcane torrent nearly free if there's density.

If you make the channeling free, which is possible, then you don't proc the affix on the mantle of channeling shoulders.

Really? But it simply says 'while channeling', not 'while losing resource'. I do not see how reducing the cost of Arcane torrent/Ray of Frost would have it no longer count towards the buff. I'm still spending resources, it's just regenerated due to ApoC and reduced by RcR. Elaborate please.
09/16/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Deverik

Really? But it simply says 'while channeling', not while 'losing resource'. I do not see how reducing the cost of Arcane torrent/Ray of Frost would have it no longer count towards the buff. I'm still spending resources, it's just regenerated due to ApoC and reduced by RcR. Elaborate please.

He means if you reduce the cost of the channeling skill below 0. Reducing its cost to the point that your arcane power regenerates as quickly as you spend it is pretty far from reducing it to zero.
09/06/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Pragmatic
If you would please look at my wizard character (Hecate; ignore Arcana and Azuth, they're gear mules), I would appreciate it.

I can solo T13 and GR60, if I have my meat shield (Templar with Unity). I tried to solo GR63, but died 4-5 times before I completed it. I tried GR65, and died to the first mob near the entrance (not even an elite pack). (And when I go in a group for the shared-bounties at T13, I kept dying when soloing without the Templar.)

I've tried Firebird/Meteor. I've tried Vyr/Archon. I've done best, so far, with Tal Rasha/Meteor, with a focus on shields (to keep me alive).

I want to crack GR70, can anyone help me?

You have significantly higher stats than me and I melt 70s with tal meteor.

Here's what will make you fail:

If Storm Armor doesn't zap a distant enemy for any reason your damage reduction falls off and you will explode fast.
If you're surrounded by a bunch of melee enemies and they're not stunned your shield will break very fast and you will explode.
If you have enemies hitting you constantly your shields won't recharge and you'll explode.
You are not crowd control immune, so all the enemies spamming knockback and slow will interrupt your channeling, vortex will yank you in ground spam for instant death, etc. This is by far THE MOST IMPORTANT THING even on softcore because it lets you actually play the game instead of the elite affixes playing you. Note multiple crowd control reduction affixes is 1: Not full immunity, just a heavy reduction in duration. 2: Has no effect on instant crowd controls, like the movement effects. Invigorating Gemstone is the most underrated item in the game as it lets you channel away and never move unless either you want or there's a Wormhole under you. The lack of it is probably the sole reason you're struggling even though both your damage and defensive stats are much higher.

Well that and I traded the channeling mantle for Firebirds 2 so if I am clumsy and get auto bopped I get 2 seconds of grayscale so that I can collect myself and actually pay attention. I am almost always at either full life or bopped with no in between.
i use the exact same gear and you got better stats on some gear than me so i dun see why you cant clear 70s. i am clearing 80 with the same setup.
09/28/2018 12:39 AMPosted by qijin
i use the exact same gear and you got better stats on some gear than me so i dun see why you cant clear 70s. i am clearing 80 with the same setup.

His setup now is not the same as it was on Sep 7
09/28/2018 03:30 AMPosted by storytime42
09/28/2018 12:39 AMPosted by qijin

His setup now is not the same as it was on Sep 7

i see so he should be able to clear 80s now i guess