Double bounty weekend all season long

Barbarian
09/17/2018 10:40 AMPosted by xxMaverickxx
Really really appreciate this, Free (and Sav too). I was going to have my daughter create a seasonal Barb to show her how much fun the class is (I love both my HotA and Whirlwind Barbs) but I def don't wanna set her up for a brutal season start. Hands down, both of you guys' guides are the most informative and helpful on the forums.

Prob makes sense to have her start with her Sader or DH first, get Paragons up, and then come back to Barb, I really do want her to try the WotW set.

I feel like the narrative lately, one I'm equally guilty of spreading, is that WW is back-breaking in terms of the time and effort needed to beat GR 70-80. And that isn't true. It's truly not hard to crush GR 70-80 with WW provided you know how to roll your gear (and can get fairly close to the required rolls). If you check the guide, roll your gear properly, and play the build properly (it has a very specific play style), you'll be fine.

That said, if you want to make the start of the Season as easy as possible in terms of sets, builds, etc, Barb is not your best option. It's not your worst (laughing at Monks), but Necros, Demon Hunters, and Wizards all have better starting options.

A final option: She can roll a Barb and gear a different build (IK HOTA or Fire EQ) while she collects quality WW gear. Then, later on, she can have a painless entry into spinning to win!
Cleared two stash tab worth of undesirable items. I'm ready for Double Bounties.
09/21/2018 06:53 AMPosted by DieHard
Cleared two stash tab worth of undesirable items. I'm ready for Double Bounties.

I always keep 2 tabs empty, ready to go, one is “transfer tab” for cowsticks/puzzles and items that drop during runs and may be an upgrade or are GG but will eventually be compared and transferred to appropriate char/tab, and one is “loadout” tab which I use to empty the backpack of each char I play. Madly organized, never look for anything, know where every item on my account is, and this is me playing barb, Monk, Sader, Necro and sometimes wiz. Every char is self-mule, holding specific things. I remember when I had 12 barbs and zero room in stash, after a while of learning and a bit of self-discipline stash space is least of my issues.

Tab 1 - standard gems (only 3 levels of each, 2 lowest and 1 highest, when I craft, I craft in multiplication of 9’s) Rama gifts, Uber machines and full set of main legendary gems
Tab 2 - augmenting legendary gems
Tab 3 - universal rings
Tab 4 - universal amulets
Tab 5 - universal barb leg items (hellfire, rollable elemental bracers, belts etc)
Tab 6 - loadout tab
Tab 7 - transfer tab
Tab 8 + 9 - tabs for classes I play the most at the time (currently 1 is Necro and 1 is Monk)
Tab 10 - junk primals to show off when folks complain in chats about them.

Tab 11/12 - empty, ready to go most of the time (I use them when I start new class and such, till I have stuff sorted out)
I allocate 1 tab for each class, that's 7 tabs.
2 empty - 1 tab of cow stick now on one of mule.
1 for all legendary gems + normal gems
1x universal ring + amulets+follower spares.
1x mix use, such as reforge duplicates, unsorted stuff / gears waiting to transfer to mule etc.

Gimme those bounties.. almost 200k souls to burn @@@@
09/21/2018 09:09 AMPosted by S4v4G3
09/21/2018 06:53 AMPosted by DieHard

I always keep 2 tabs empty, ready to go, one is “transfer tab” for cowsticks/puzzles and items that drop during runs and may be an upgrade or are GG but will eventually be compared and transferred to appropriate char/tab, and one is “loadout” tab which I use to empty the backpack of each char I play. Madly organized, never look for anything, know where every item on my account is, and this is me playing barb, Monk, Sader, Necro and sometimes wiz. Every char is self-mule, holding specific things. I remember when I had 12 barbs and zero room in stash, after a while of learning and a bit of self-discipline stash space is least of my issues.

Tab 1 - standard gems (only 3 levels of each, 2 lowest and 1 highest, when I craft, I craft in multiplication of 9’s) Rama gifts, Uber machines and full set of main legendary gems
Tab 2 - augmenting legendary gems
Tab 3 - universal rings
Tab 4 - universal amulets
Tab 5 - universal barb leg items (hellfire, rollable elemental bracers, belts etc)
Tab 6 - loadout tab
Tab 7 - transfer tab
Tab 8 + 9 - tabs for classes I play the most at the time (currently 1 is Necro and 1 is Monk)
Tab 10 - junk primals to show off when folks complain in chats about them.

Tab 11/12 - empty, ready to go most of the time (I use them when I start new class and such, till I have stuff sorted out)

I wish I had an ounce of your discipline. I really need to take the time to organize. And the funny thing is that all I game is Barb (I have no excuse for being so disorganized :/ ).

But I have been tempted to try Sader only to experience what I've seen called the "Captain America" build. See all those green Shields bouncing around looks fun.
09/20/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Free
09/17/2018 10:40 AMPosted by xxMaverickxx
Really really appreciate this, Free (and Sav too). I was going to have my daughter create a seasonal Barb to show her how much fun the class is (I love both my HotA and Whirlwind Barbs) but I def don't wanna set her up for a brutal season start. Hands down, both of you guys' guides are the most informative and helpful on the forums.

Prob makes sense to have her start with her Sader or DH first, get Paragons up, and then come back to Barb, I really do want her to try the WotW set.

I feel like the narrative lately, one I'm equally guilty of spreading, is that WW is back-breaking in terms of the time and effort needed to beat GR 70-80. And that isn't true. It's truly not hard to crush GR 70-80 with WW provided you know how to roll your gear (and can get fairly close to the required rolls). If you check the guide, roll your gear properly, and play the build properly (it has a very specific play style), you'll be fine.

That said, if you want to make the start of the Season as easy as possible in terms of sets, builds, etc, Barb is not your best option. It's not your worst (laughing at Monks), but Necros, Demon Hunters, and Wizards all have better starting options.

A final option: She can roll a Barb and gear a different build (IK HOTA or Fire EQ) while she collects quality WW gear. Then, later on, she can have a painless entry into spinning to win!

I think this has made me finally decide on starting with a DH before I roll a WW Barb this season. Thank you!