STOP BOOTING ! Diablo III losing players !

General Discussion
09/19/2018 10:16 AMPosted by loldudejoey
I still to this day am unclear how a company the size of Blizzard/EA is unable to prevent botters. Is it really that hard to have someone on Diablo Team register on the botting sites as a random person, obtain a copy of the botting application, then write code so that the game client can trace said application?

Honestly though, who is running the Diablo Team? How is this still not fixed, 15 seasons later..? :thinking:

It's not a matter of them obtaining a copy and blocking it, it is a matter of legal hurdles that have to be handled allowing them to do what is needed to detect the programs in the first place.

Most bots for games like Diablo are non-injected, non-memory writing applications that do nothing but read the process memory for information then react to it with fake key presses/mouse input. There is nothing done to write to the game process. Everything is done externally to prevent detection.

In order for Blizzard to be able to detect this, they have to be able to scan your systems running process list, collect information on every process, every dll loaded in all those processes, collect file/folder information, etc. to be able to even begin to collect the needed information to start detecting things. Because of what that entails, there are huge legal boundaries that have to be followed otherwise Blizzard opens themselves up to lawsuits for invasion of privacy and such.

As-is, Blizzard has their own internal anti-cheat system called Warden. What Warden can do is extremely limited to what happens within their own processes memory space and such. Along with that, it is extremely easy to block Warden (and other anti-cheats) from having any needed access/authority to touch anything external from its own process space, which a lot of these cheats take full advantage of.

The ability to detect and ban for something is a dance between the game developers and the cheat developers. Both are doing the same thing in the end, reversing each others work to find weaknesses and flaws in the code that give away things or allow for things to take place. There are two main things that happen with this that give hackers the advantage though:

1. Money / Resources - Hackers are not paid to do what they do, its out of hobby and enjoyment. If they decide to sell their work after the fact that's up to them. But they are not paid to hack the game where Blizzard pays employees to protect the game. The amount of investment Blizzard puts into that research, protection and team decides how successful it will be.

2. Legality - Blizzard has to follow laws, has to enforce things legally, and has to ensure what they do as a company does not break any laws/regulations to any of the locations their products are sold within. While you may be from the USA, the laws in the EU / Australia for example are vastly different which has to be followed.

Where as for hackers, they do not care about laws or restrictions or any legal things for that matter.

There are a lot of other little bits and pieces that can be used as an 'A vs. B' setup like these but that's the main jist. As long as the code runs on the hackers machine, they will always have the upper hand.
10/03/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Vingner
I didn't pay dollars for competing aganist botters.

Looking at your profile you don't play seasons, and your current non-season paragon is 707 (NA) and 1048 (EU). You are not being held back by any botters.

im not able to playing season because season got swarmed by BOTTERs im watitng to blizzard bane them all then I can start season and compete...........................!
Looking at your profile you don't play seasons, and your current non-season paragon is 707 (NA) and 1048 (EU). You are not being held back by any botters.

im not able to playing season because season got swarmed by BOTTERs im watitng to blizzard bane them all then I can start season and compete...........................!

Just uninstall and quit the game then cause it's never going to stop.
09/27/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Chetanji
Why don't you just keep playing your playstation instead of playing D3 General Forum?

Why don't you just keep playing your switch instead?
And don't say you don't have one, after all you did get bent out of shape because you have to pay a fee on the switch to play multiplayer online and a PC player wouldn't care about such things, well at least I don't

Botters in seasons isn't stopping you from playing, you are doing that all by yourself
And besides if botters in the game means you can't play then you better
10/05/2018 08:02 PMPosted by atom0s
Just uninstall and quit the game

because you will find the botters are in non season too
There is already 1 thread complaining about bots in the NS leaderboard so they aren't just in seasons
How the devil is a botter stopping you from playing seasons? That sounds like a personal problem to me. JUST PLAY IT. Don't worry about the other guy. I am playing seasons and I see no botter coming up and holding me down and preventing me from progressing.
I dont care about bots, as long they keep soloing.

I play for fun, not to be number 1 on the ladder.

if it makes their game experience better I dont mind it...
I had no idea there were bots in the game actually, but I've played HC ever since late classic. I'm pretty sure there aren't bots there. Come join the dark side :)
10/07/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Army

SMH...it's people like you that are the problem. So selfish with your outlook on life. Cheating in a competitive game is a huge deal. Just because you are super casual and it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't matter to a ton of other people.
Your opinion is useless in this matter.
10/06/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Kewian
How the devil is a botter stopping you from playing seasons? That sounds like a personal problem to me. JUST PLAY IT. Don't worry about the other guy. I am playing seasons and I see no botter coming up and holding me down and preventing me from progressing.

Couldnt help but look at your profile for this season. 20k elite kills and paragon 480... lol how is that even possible? Seems like YOU might be botting lol. Or running T1 all day
10/07/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Army

You just spoken like a true botter, you got other versions around who are botting like hell , here summary
I dont care bots ,
it doesnt affect my gameplay,
I dont care leaderboards,

You botter needs a hard punishment,accept your fate
STOP BOTTING NOW @ BLIZZARD
Joined a t13 rift detected 2 bots, joined a public t13 bounty game detected 3 bots ,GG BLIZZARD