Flashfire/EB builds

Wizard
My drops at the start of this season on my HC account funneled me into a pseudo flashfire build:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/SwankyDevil-1805/hero/104239327

So I've yet to get an ancient weapon, fully upgraded topazes and my paragons aren't very high but the damage output is capping off at T12 already (takes forever to kill a gob solo) and with clan mates doing GR70 already with non-ancient, sub-optimal weapons, I have doubts about this build carrying me past GR60.

Would I be right to conclude that they need to buff Wand of Woh or Orb of Infinite Depth is an EB build is to be viable beyond farming T13?

Any other ways I can squeeze more out of an EB build? Kinda liking this build since it's something different to what I normally play.
Well, it's competing against like, +900% meteor damage, +675% meteor damage, +400% meteor damage, +325% channel damage, +150% channel damage, + mantle of channeling, + taeguk. All Woh gives is what, 400% EB damage max? And then infinite depth is what, +40% damage? So you can see why it's so much weaker.

For T13 speed farm and below, EB can be great, but unfortunately it needs re-balancing to attain its proper place
Cheers for the lowdown... I was hoping I had missed something that would improve EB (even if it's only GR70 viable) but it seems I haven't.

So I'm guessing we'd need a rework of some complimentary legendaries as well as introduce a new legendary into the mix? Something like...

Orb of Infinite Depth
Each time you hit an enemy with Explosive Blast your damage is increased by 8-10% and your damage reduction is increased by 20% for 6 seconds. This effect can stack up to 4 times. The damage of Explosive Blast is increased by 300-400%.

Wand of Woh
The damage of Explosive Blast is increased by 600-800% and 3 additional blasts are triggered after casting Explosive Blast.

Third item... 1H weapon or source... (Echoing Fury? Blackhand Key? Atrophy? Singularity?)
Diamond Skin gains the effect of all runes and is automatically cast when you take 15% of your life in damage. When Diamond Skin is active the damage of Explosive Blast is increased by 600-800% and each hit of Explosive Blast reduces the cooldown of your Defensive skills and Explosive Blast by 1 second.

The idea behind the 3rd item is to take the place of In geom but have it be self sustaining enough for higher GRs and be useful enough to take on trash mobs rather than just elites. Also, grants higher uptime on Diamond Skin (which I miss seeing as a permanent character model since the CM Wiz days).

Would also love to see Halo or Arlyse updated to be more useful. Something like:

Your Ice Armor now reduces damage from all attacks by 60-70% and automatically casts Frost Nova whenever you take 10% of your Life in damage.
Hey just want to say I'm gonna be doing some gold and key farming using the Woh build, so check out my seasonal wizard if anyone wants. Keep in mind focus+restraint and goldwrap can be used instead if preferred.

And ya, it does need buffs to be able to do GR but who knows if that will ever happen
"flashfire" will never be good as long as it requires in-geom to get the cooldown of the skill down. One if the biggest issues with the build on t13 is getting in-geom procs.

EB itself was good for a short time in 2.6.1 before comet builds overtook it by some ~15 GR levels.
09/25/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Soifon
"flashfire" will never be good as long as it requires in-geom to get the cooldown of the skill down. One if the biggest issues with the build on t13 is getting in-geom procs.

EB itself was good for a short time in 2.6.1 before comet builds overtook it by some ~15 GR levels.

Sorry but how is getting in-geom procs on t13 an issue with EB? I've never had an issue getting and keeping in-geom up, only once you get to gr 70 and above does it become a thing to worry about.
Question. Will Etched Sigil spam EB or does it still use the cooldown of the skill?
Etched sigil respects cooldown, you can test this easily with black hole or explosive blast. It would cast every second if you used in-geom and maybe every couple seconds if you had huge cooldown. But, you can only have 2 of Woh, in-geom, and deathwish, so any which way it doesn't really work too well. The best setup for a Woh build is holding Woh and cubing in-geom for massive EB spam