IK hota 118 world record

Barbarian
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzgxOTM5MzMyMA==.html?spm=a2h3j.8428770.3416059.1

Broke his own 117 record. 4700 para, pretty low for world record. He is solo focused so his gems are 13x only. Titannova, from NA NS.
Great clear. That first map is very nearly GG in terms of mobs.

He spends the first 4 minutes fending off 5 (6?) elite packs plus hard-hitting trash. Fire Chains? Electrified? Frozen Pulse? Little Bogans on top? Man, those mobs definitely pushed his toughness to the limit. Map 2 is bad and the mobs are nothing to write home about. Map 3 is mediocre, but he has bug swarms mixed in and those give great progression; the grouping he does at 8:45 and 9:15 are big deals and most of the progression he gains is due to those swarms.

The Conduit on Map 3 saves the run. That and the groovy RG--fast, easy Stricken stacks.

Curious since I'm too busy to log in--what are his gear rolls and War Cry rune?

A final thought: It's nuts to think that IK HOTA can do this at 4k Paragon, but R6 HOTA can do it at 2-3k. The power difference is humongous.
Veterans warning rune

His d3p https://www.d3planner.com/278654605

He stacked tons on area damage as well as damage range on both his rings. He also cubed mage fist oppose to aquila. Gems pain enhancer /trap and stricken. Almost 5k vit @ 737k HP.

09/11/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Free
The power difference is humongous.

Totally. Hope players realise barb has more diversity than what the R1 suggests.
09/11/2018 07:54 PMPosted by celtic08
Veterans warning rune

His d3p https://www.d3planner.com/278654605

He stacked tons on area damage as well as damage range on both his rings. He also cubed mage fist oppose to aquila. Gems pain enhancer /trap and stricken. Almost 5k vit @ 737k HP.

For me, at least, that decides the old debate on whether or not to focus on attack speed. Looks like stacking attack speed is inferior to stacking it. Not 100% proven, mind you, but this clear suggests as much, because the individual has the gear to go IAS+AD if that were better than AD+% dmg.

Something to note: CHC on both rings, amulet, and bracer, so the CHC on helm might be unnecessary.
09/11/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Free
attack speed

Based on his gears, ias looks inferior. With no ias on gears and 0 PE, he is @ 2.52 ias with full IB. Right on the dot of 15 frames (2.5186 BP). With 1x on glove @ 0 PE stacks and max IB stacks, IAS is 2.62, still 15 frames, far from 14 frames (2.6985), its only reachable with poping ias on weapons, which increase it to 2.80, severe overflow. If remove the ias on glove, the BP drops back to 15 frames (2.70) (not sure why 2.70 dont up BP, maybe its a bug).

When max PE stacks (30), max bp is 10 (3.7778) frames without ias on any gears (3.88 total sheet ias). With full att speed on glove and both weapons, total ias is 4.15, still shy on the next bp (4.1976) even with entranctress buff (4.19).

Since max bp is the same with or without ias on gloves / weapons, he chose to max str. Damge range on rings likely to surpass the return of dps oppose to att spd. Its arguable whether 10% is inferior to 8% elite dmg with 2x damage range rolls though. But i guess unlike rgk, trash dps is substantial.

So att spd on gears perhaps can be rolled for players less capable to grouping large packs to keep up with PE stacks. It can also be considered if removing PE and use gogok instead. But gogok cant reach as high BP and big loss in dmg.

Which route to take depending largely how well you group mobs, in a perfect scenario, no ias with PE focusing on max str/dmg range likely to be the highest dmg mode.
Nice run there.

I enjoy ik hota so much more, but I feel pushed to learn r6 hota...at least in hc, tops for ik hota is 106, while tops for r6 hota is 118.
The site won't let me view the vid without logging in. That's a shame, 'cos I'm a fan of IK hota and would love to see such a high level clear.
What the ias needed for hota ik barb on character screen before any stack?.Please give a number. Thanks.
09/11/2018 10:55 PMPosted by gooball
The site won't let me view the vid without logging in. That's a shame, 'cos I'm a fan of IK hota and would love to see such a high level clear.

Let me see if can fix that

09/11/2018 11:41 PMPosted by blueberry
What the ias needed for hota ik barb on character screen before any stack?.Please give a number. Thanks.

On this player's build, its 1.75 unbuffed. That is no att speed on gear except 10 in paragon points. All att spd buff are from pain enhancer + IB stacks for titannova's build.
Do you guy know that ik hota generator call of the ancient,if you hit too fast the fury can run dry?.Sometimes they got frozen,Speed help in dmg ,problem is ancient cant match up with the hota speed.
09/12/2018 04:20 AMPosted by blueberry
hit too fast the fury can run dry

Ancients are not the only fury regeneration, other forms:
- Re-position your self so you are hitting 3 or less enemies to proc Gavel fury generation.
- Furious charge lets you gain full fury with 1 charge.
- You can also hit empty ground to gain fury.
Thats a nice clear, gonna post the link in HoTA guide. I like how he is setup, I didn’t log in for a good while now, and didn’t play my HoTA barb for longer than that, but that’s pretty much how my HoTA barb is setup, aside of gear imperfections I have :) 1 slot of average Damage on ring, 10% DPS + AD on swords, AD where possible. Magefist are pretty much yolo, I have them in guide as BiS in cube, but you need a metric ton of toughness to ditch Aquilla for sure.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/S4v4G3-11925/hero/96583808

AD being superior to attack speed is no surprise really, months ago when I worked on a guide I did the numbers that shown that attack speed on swords and any attack speed roll are not really beneficial for any PE setup, because non attack speed weapons are at the same attack speed as 7%ias with like 25 or so bleeds. Some attack speed is ok for powerful setup and low farming runs, but that’s about it, cuz down there we don’t really gather huge packs, just smash as we go.

Thanks for the vid Celtic:)
09/12/2018 04:20 AMPosted by blueberry
Do you guy know that ik hota generator call of the ancient,if you hit too fast the fury can run dry?.Sometimes they got frozen,Speed help in dmg ,problem is ancient cant match up with the hota speed.

Outside of what Celtic underlined, important thing to notice is Ancients snapshot. When you are in huge density, surrounded by bleeding targets, first thing you need to do is recast Ancients. Their attack speed will be updated with your attack speed, plus you will assure that they are hitting a lot of targets, not being scattered all over the place or siting on one or two mobs. Fury management is part of the skill in this build, repositioning, charging, changing directions of swings to keep bleeds up, all that adds up. Fury is your DPS too, assuring you are near 90% of CHC, low on fury equals low crit chance, equal low Bloodshed damage and low AD damage. And, don’t be fooled, Bloodshed does more damage than AD, hence one roll of AVG will trump 4th or 5th roll of AD.
Done gr111 in season 14 with ik hota. Just share my view,i know that charge recover fury hitting less than 3 mob too .But in game you need to work you area dmg with as much trash as possible right?.What have been mention cant put in used all the time.got to get your best dmg during fire cycle,at this moment you run out of fury lost so much it dps.
I think we have been having a small in clan “competition” back in a days Blueberry, we’ve been in <Pals> together, season 13 I think, we have been both playing IK HoTA, I bailed little sooner at like 110 with about 2k para in few keys, but back than I think Hunterkiller did 111 or higher with 1700 para or so, primarily solo player.

Higher up it boils to one thing, stay or leave. I started to pretty much skipping elites with low/no density or low progress mobs. Just big room to big room, aggro, blow it up on Fire cycle in few swings, look on elites, if below 50% hp see if possible to finish/drag/bring trash in. I think I did my best clear with this build killing 3 packs in the run all together, rest was purely trash and bloodshed + AD.
09/12/2018 05:28 AMPosted by S4v4G3
AD being superior to attack speed is no surprise really

You of all people should be SURPRISED.

I remember quite a few month ago I was insisting that AD was greater than IAS and I began testing (I know Haybaler will recall this). You scolded me siting your guide and stating, "DieHard! AD is not greater than IAS. I've thoroughly tested it...BLAH... BLAH... BLAH!"

:(

Turns out, I was right.

:)

I believe that once again, you own me an apology.

Ready when you are!

;)
DieHard, go digging because it clearly was not the consensus of that conversation. And very early conclusion (like 3 days after I posted tat guide) was more or less like this:

11/02/2017 07:55 AMPosted by S4v4G3
11/02/2017 07:29 AMPosted by tensor
Thanks for the update, it's all there - math, useful examples, clear explanation. Weapon rolls seems to be pretty balanced and it may be better to choose them according to playstyle.

Thanks brother, you helped a lot with your love to math:) My thoughts about the weapons exactly. Don't have IAS? Get 10% damage. Using PE and don't have IAS on weapons? Get 1 roll of attack speed on gear + something DPS related on weapon in place of IAS. Elite hunt? Optimize ... Anyways, it's all doable. Pretty funny how non IAS weapons and PE can get same BP for single target with just 1 attack speed roll on gear as IAS weapons and how little differance there is in density (like literally, even when IAS weapons hit higher BP with 20 mobs, 10% damage on non IAS weapons can pretty much match it or even out perform it.

And than

11/05/2017 07:11 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Yup, I'm leaning towards 10% or elite damage for a while now, when i did all these attack speed calcs last week it even became more transparent, especially that with non IAS weapons you can get same BP on single target with one roll of 7% ASI on gear and PE, so in reality you will always get higher DPS for RG fight with either 10% or elite damage.

Good times, we actually have options and stuff to test/theorycraft:)

And than this:

11/15/2017 08:08 AMPosted by S4v4G3
Morning fellas! I'm really busy past few days (real life plus seasonal stuff sprinkled with a bit of drama), but I'll be back up to speed today:)

General answers that I see folks are looking for:

If you don't have well rolled Istvans, use any combination of ancient weapons you can find. You can easily get over 90 under 800 paragon with non ancient gear using high base damage one hand weapons of any kind. Sankis, Ingeom, Azurewrath, Doombringer, Pigsticker, BK weapons (yes, these as well, tested it, extra fury is really nice, plus you can get LpFS on them), it all will work. Oathkeeper is wasted slot if is non ancient, because 50% attack speed works only with primary skills.

About attack speed on Istvans, I'm leaning toward 10% damage instead, because to fully benefit from rolling 7%IAS you still will need additional attack speed rolls. Keep in mind that the only way when 7%ias is better than 10% damage is at single target RG, and only because of Stricken. Beyond that no combination of attack speed is stronger than 10% DMG roll, because gains from hitting one BP higher are smaller (4-8% depending which one) than flat 10% to all damage. Plus, if you are using PE, this supposed gain from IAS is not stable because is density based. Under no circumstances I would compromise AD on weapons for 7% IAS.

So, should I go on and prove my point any more? Convo you had with us was little more complicated, we all indicated that AD is a must, but at certain point you may entertain other options instead of additional AD roll (like average or even one roll of ASI to reach BP for single target, that acts like about 8% extra Damage vs single target RG)
09/12/2018 11:54 AMPosted by S4v4G3
DieHard, go digging because it clearly was not the consensus of that conversation. And very early conclusion (like 3 days after I posted tat guide) was more or less like this:

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Thanks brother, you helped a lot with your love to math:) My thoughts about the weapons exactly. Don't have IAS? Get 10% damage. Using PE and don't have IAS on weapons? Get 1 roll of attack speed on gear + something DPS related on weapon in place of IAS. Elite hunt? Optimize ... Anyways, it's all doable. Pretty funny how non IAS weapons and PE can get same BP for single target with just 1 attack speed roll on gear as IAS weapons and how little differance there is in density (like literally, even when IAS weapons hit higher BP with 20 mobs, 10% damage on non IAS weapons can pretty much match it or even out perform it.

And than

11/05/2017 07:11 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Yup, I'm leaning towards 10% or elite damage for a while now, when i did all these attack speed calcs last week it even became more transparent, especially that with non IAS weapons you can get same BP on single target with one roll of 7% ASI on gear and PE, so in reality you will always get higher DPS for RG fight with either 10% or elite damage.

Good times, we actually have options and stuff to test/theorycraft:)

And than this:

11/15/2017 08:08 AMPosted by S4v4G3
Morning fellas! I'm really busy past few days (real life plus seasonal stuff sprinkled with a bit of drama), but I'll be back up to speed today:)

General answers that I see folks are looking for:

If you don't have well rolled Istvans, use any combination of ancient weapons you can find. You can easily get over 90 under 800 paragon with non ancient gear using high base damage one hand weapons of any kind. Sankis, Ingeom, Azurewrath, Doombringer, Pigsticker, BK weapons (yes, these as well, tested it, extra fury is really nice, plus you can get LpFS on them), it all will work. Oathkeeper is wasted slot if is non ancient, because 50% attack speed works only with primary skills.

About attack speed on Istvans, I'm leaning toward 10% damage instead, because to fully benefit from rolling 7%IAS you still will need additional attack speed rolls. Keep in mind that the only way when 7%ias is better than 10% damage is at single target RG, and only because of Stricken. Beyond that no combination of attack speed is stronger than 10% DMG roll, because gains from hitting one BP higher are smaller (4-8% depending which one) than flat 10% to all damage. Plus, if you are using PE, this supposed gain from IAS is not stable because is density based. Under no circumstances I would compromise AD on weapons for 7% IAS.

So, should I go on and prove my point any more? Convo you had with us was little more complicated, we all indicated that AD is a must, but at certain point you may entertain other options instead of additional AD roll (like average or even one roll of ASI to reach BP for single target, that acts like about 8% extra Damage vs single target RG)

Hahaha kudos to you but you don't have to justify yourself to a g4ngb4nger, they're the worst kind of people.
@Savage

The conversation jump around from your old HOTA thread to a thread I created and began in a thread that Haybaler created. I had 158% AD and LoH in place of IAS (IB's and gloves). Anyways, I remembered and thought it interesting.

@WhiteCastle

I'm flattered (not really) that you read my M&G. We have WhiteCastle all over the Chicagoland.

:)
No need to argue over the trivial BS . I like IK HoTA , all it needs is a slight buff to be on par with R6 HoTA . And I like the way IK plays a lot better than slamming walls of the R6 . Both are great and both have advantages over the other .

As for IAS vs AD ??? Let me tell yaz , I have tried the build both ways and it works both ways . I actually did slightly better with more IAS than AD last season , having +10% Damage and IAS on one of my swords and AD and IAS on the other . It tells me that it's just a matter of how individuals play the build .

AD works great , but you need a good amount of damage to back it up on higher tier levels . IAS was better for me when I was lower paragon , but I think now with higher paragon 120+ AD would work as well or maybe better .

A lot of the progression on any build comes when good gear is acquired . Look at the top players gear and you will see that most have damn good gear , along with good paragon levels , high augments and gem levels . One piece of gear can be the difference of one good player beating the next good player on the leader board . Those things and good play style acquired through lots of practice in grouping are what seperate the toppers from the average players .

Regardless though , Congrats to Titan Nova . He has been up there in the top for quite a while now .