Please Buff the Inarius Set

Necromancer
The Inarius set needs a buff. Currently it is simply nowhere near powerful enough to be played on the same GR level as other sets. Currently the Inarius set is more than 25 Greater Rift levels below other sets.

When comparing two similar Sets, the issues become apparent:

https://i.imgur.com/AZlbfH5.jpg

The main issue is the Damage Reduction that comes from the set, but also the damage is just severely lacking.

The reason why Rathma, Trag'Oul and Pestilence are played on such a high level is because they are ranged builds, but the Inarius set is a Melee Set, yet there is no native 50% DR that Melee classes get by default! The player must stand in the middle of the mob-packs to deal damage since the damage bonus is only active in a very small radius around the player.

The Inarius set is an opportunity to create diversity, as the Pestilence and Trag'Oul's sets both revolve around Corpse Lance.

• So far the Rathma set is the "Pet Set" and that's great.
  • Both Pestilence and Trag'Oul Set are played virtually identically, and they both revolve around Corpse Lance.
  • The Inarius set is the weakest set and that's by more than 25 Greater Rift Levels, yet it has so much cool potential when the numbers would be tweaked in its favor to a decent degree.
  • 09/20/2018 07:08 PMPosted by TOPCommander
    Currently the Inarius set is more than 25 Greater Rift levels below other sets.

I've cleared 112 with Inarius, the record is on the leaderboards.

09/20/2018 07:08 PMPosted by TOPCommander
    narius set is a Melee Set, yet there is no native 50% DR that Melee classes get by default!

Barb, Monk and Crusader get 30% more damage reduction compared to DH, Necro, WD and Wiz, not 50%.

The Inarius set is the weakest set and that's by more than 25 Greater Rift Levels

Again, this is false.
    Its also currently the best necro set for 4 player groups.

Though, I understand you are discussing solo. Blizz would just need to be careful about buffing it.
    I don't really push GRs, but I would love a good melee necro build to scratch the itch that my WoW DK left behind.

I've played Rathma Singularity and Trag with blood mages but I'm a melee player at heart so I got onto the lazymancer with Inarius. Unfortunately that didn't really do it for me either. The damage was too passive for my tastes and the lack of damage reduction did make itself apparent as I moved higher.
    The main issue is the Damage Reduction that comes from the set

Pestilence 4 piece set bonus = 50%
    Rathma 4 piece set bonus = 50%
    Inarius 4 piece set bonus = 50%

What issue?
    The Inarius set needs a buff.

There are more sets that either need a buff or rework.
    I wished for an update on current legendary items, so you could open up for more viable builds per class. But I don't expect them to do much for this game.
    However, a more balance would be nice, so either 1 set dominates per class or at least some underperforming sets are more viable.
    I guess if it ain’t D2 then Top doesn’t know much.
    Ain't nothing wrong with the set. Every class has better and worse sets for GR runs. Yes Inarius is ~15GR levels (not 25) behind the top preforming sets but Nerco has 2 other sets that are right near the top.

Not ever set will clear the same GR. This applies across the board for all classes. But most sets can do pretty well considering.
    I’ll say it again:

Make Wisdom of Kalam part of the set, and we open another set of possibilities with a 7-piece set...

That alone shoud bump it 5 GRs...
    Remember when it had that crazy mirinae and wreath of lightning proc rate? Don't think it would help with gr but man, those were fun times
    The Inarius set needs a buff. Currently it is simply nowhere near powerful enough to be played on the same GR level as other sets.

interesting opinion when Inarius rgk does a 30 sec boss kill at gr150 with power pylon.
    09/21/2018 07:59 AMPosted by SuperCuddles
    Remember when it had that crazy mirinae and wreath of lightning proc rate? Don't think it would help with gr but man, those were fun times
    It would not matter at all for group play if they turned back the proc rate. I felt kinda cheated when they did since this build was the one that got me to buy the necro pack after seeing it in action. And they intentionally did not fix it until some time after the release. sneaky !@#$ers.
    Yeah, it was really cool! All the lightning tendrils and holy heaven bolts raining down, as a bonestorm swirls around you, all working together to start corpse explosion chains. I mean, a similar effectiveness to it exists now with pain enhancer and toxin gem, but those just don't look like anything so it's kinda meh
    Personally, id be happy if they would just double the radius of the bone tornado ( thus ..expanding its effect dps range without making it just another ranged build ).

The biggest gripe / limiting factor of the set is the small !@# tornado radius. It would be like if they removed the tornado spawns from Wastes set for Barbs. Who would enjoy just a pure WW clearspeed of like 10 units?
    09/21/2018 12:12 PMPosted by hesher
    The Inarius set needs a buff. Currently it is simply nowhere near powerful enough to be played on the same GR level as other sets.

interesting opinion when Inarius rgk does a 30 sec boss kill at gr150 with power pylon.

Try and do that solo...
    09/21/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Jazz
    Try and do that solo...

What's your point? Inarius isn't a solo build, so what. The topic of the thread is that Inarius needs to be buffed. The leaderboards indicate otherwise.
    09/20/2018 08:23 PMPosted by HunterKiller
    Currently the Inarius set is more than 25 Greater Rift levels below other sets.

I've cleared 112 with Inarius, the record is on the leaderboards.

narius set is a Melee Set, yet there is no native 50% DR that Melee classes get by default!

Barb, Monk and Crusader get 30% more damage reduction compared to DH, Necro, WD and Wiz, not 50%.

The Inarius set is the weakest set and that's by more than 25 Greater Rift Levels

Again, this is false.
    Hmm ok I am gonna try that build. I do miss about 1000 paragons so perhaps I can clear a 90 :P
    09/21/2018 07:01 PMPosted by hesher
    09/21/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Jazz
    Try and do that solo...

What's your point? Inarius isn't a solo build, so what. The topic of the thread is that Inarius needs to be buffed. The leaderboards indicate otherwise.

I'd say there's the problem. In my opinion all class sets should have viable solo builds. If a set doesn't have viable solo builds, it's in need of either a buff or proper redesign.
    inarius set is like the invoker set of the crusader, looks good but inside is crap