RIP S15 - STILL NOTHING CHALLENGING

General Discussion
15 Hours, Guardian Obtained. Still no Challenging content from Blizzard after 15 Seasons. When are they going to get the picture that what they are doing isnt enough.
Double Bounties - What a waste.
Hopefully at Blizzcon D4 is annouced or D3 get something to keep ppl playing. No point past after the first week really hence the constant journey rush. Its the only way to play against valid players as after about a week all the leaderboards are flooded with botters that Blizzard do nothing about.
Pity you don't play the season hardcore. You want a challenge but don't take it
Starcraft 2 does something that D3 could inspire from.

In Sc2 coop mode, there's a "mutation" on a weekly basis. It rotates and provide somewhat a fresh approach to how you approach something that is similar.

Back to D3, mutations would basically be stuff like this:
(Randomly pulled out of thin air)

Week 1: Double Goblin
Week 2: Double Elites (+ minions) & Champions
Week 3: Double Rift Guardian
Week 4: Double Elite & Champion affixes
Week 5: Slightly higher density and chances of encountering an event
Week 6: etc...

You can repeat and combine if needed.

Basically, every week would be different. Double Elites with double affixes would be... chaotic.
09/22/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Keyblade
15 Hours, Guardian Obtained. Still no Challenging content from Blizzard after 15 Seasons. When are they going to get the picture that what they are doing isnt enough.
Hopefully at Blizzcon D4 is annouced or D3 get something to keep ppl playing. No point past after the first week really hence the constant journey rush. Its the only way to play against valid players as after about a week all the leaderboards are flooded with botters that Blizzard do nothing about.

Enlighten me here.

With Season 15 being the same as 12, 13, and 14 what challenge could you have possibly been expecting?
09/22/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Orrion

Enlighten me here.

With Season 15 being the same as 12, 13, and 14 what challenge could you have possibly been expecting?

Wasnt expecting anything but I could blindly hope the journey might have been different cause the only thing double bounties did was mean I didnt have to do as many to achieve guardian. Hell I didnt even get an ancient weapon. Power creep in this game and how they just give away stuff has become laughable now

Enlighten me here.

I would argue that the since season 1 the game play has been the same as far as challenge. Difference being in season 1 you had to do bounties for rift keys fragments then do trials.

Blizzard says you can suck it.

Good.

Now you have more time to get out of your basement and do something else. :D

Game on.
09/22/2018 07:11 PMPosted by ShogunRob

Blizzard says you can suck it.

suck it suck it suck it. Game over Man, Game Over. D3 is Over, D3 is Done.
Nothing new, go back to D2.

And like the previous ones, one only has to mention to you that if you want challenge and to not burn through it all in 15 hours ...don't pick up your free set when you hit 70. That one action saves you dozens and dozens of hours of actually grinding for gear and xp.
09/22/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Keyblade

Enlighten me here.

Wasnt expecting anything but I could blindly hope the journey might have been different cause the only thing double bounties did was mean I didnt have to do as many to achieve guardian. Hell I didnt even get an ancient weapon. Power creep in this game and how they just give away stuff has become laughable now

Season Journey has practically been the same for a long time (just really different bosses)
09/22/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Keyblade

Enlighten me here.

But.. nothing about the journey changed. They haven’t power creeped anything in 4 Seasons. They didn’t change ANYTHING.

So, again, what challenge were you possibly expecting?

Besides, the Season Journey was never meant to be challenging. It’s not the endgame. D3’s endgame is high level Greater Rifts.
Whaaaaaa....play WOW then
Why do you say the same thing every season?
Hey Keyblade, don't you remember?

Maintenance Mode
How can D3s "endgame" be GR leaderboard pushing. Its impossible to get high up there unless you cheat or bot cause there the people who are topping the charts
15 Hours, Guardian Obtained.

Well, that's a relief. I thought the forums were broken as I hadn't seen a post from you telling us what mode the game is in for a while.
09/22/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Steve
Pity you don't play the season hardcore. You want a challenge but don't take it

Who knows in time I might actually try such a challenge.
09/23/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Keyblade
How can D3s "endgame" be GR leaderboard pushing. Its impossible to get high up there unless you cheat or bot cause there the people who are topping the charts

Which is, of course, false.

Further, I never said the endgame was “GR leaderboard pushing.” I said it was “high level Greater Rifts.”

It might blow your mind, but some people don’t care about leaderboard placement.
"Insanity is doing something the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

For Keyblade, we have:
1) Make more than a hundrd posts over the past year claiming that the game is in Maintenance mode and stating nothing has changed recently/will change in the future.

2) Make a new thread after the beginning of each of the last few seasons, complaining that the game is too easy/few hours are needed to reach Guardian in the seasonal journey.

Hmm.....