Is it worth to get into Seasons at this point?

General Discussion
I think I may have dabbled a bit as far back as season....4?

I haven't played Diablo 3 in ages at this point (WoW kind of took over my life). Would you say it's still a good enough time sink to play a Season or two at this point? If so, what's the balance look like between the classes now?
It's worth it if you:

1. Haven't gotten all 4 Stash tabs earned only from Seasons
2. Like collecting cosmetics (pets, wings, pennants, portraits)
3. Like a fresh start every now and then
09/18/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Volatility
It's worth it if you:

Leaderboard resets are also a point if you are one of those who push as high as you can until the bots take over.
Are the classes balanced enough to the point where it largely doesn't matter what class you pick for leaderboard progression (Single and Group)?
09/18/2018 03:27 PMPosted by NewAgeDoom
If so, what's the balance look like between the classes now?

I forgotten to answer this part.

If you are playing the META game, then focus on Necromancer, Monk and Barbarian. Other classes get shafted for not measuring up or being useful for most of the support or RGK roles, as the mainstay DPS will always be Necromancers.

That is the state of the game, for the last 2 - 3 Seasons.

EDIT: Typo.
09/18/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Volatility

If you are playing the META game, then focus on Necromancers, Monks and Barbarians. Other classes get shafted for not measuring up or being useful for most of the support or RGK rolls, as the mainstay DPS will always be Necromancers.

Noted.
09/18/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Volatility

If you are playing the META game, then focus on Necromancers, Monks and Barbarians. Other classes get shafted for not measuring up or being useful for most of the support or RGK rolls, as the mainstay DPS will always be Necromancers.

Is a Firebird Star Pact Meteor Wiz not a part of the META anymore, or are you talking about Rat Runs?
Season start is the only moment where its fun playing for me personally.

For me personally, the initial race is the best in the first 4-8 hours, that can be found in D3. Unfortunately it gets boring for me pretty quickly after about 6-8 hours. You level to 70 in under 2 hours, you complete all the free set objectives in 30 min, and then the boring Rift/Grift cycle begins, and that's where I get bored.

After the initial 8 hours, I just keep logging in occasionally over the next 3 months when I am bored. I play for maybe 5-30 min every time, before logging out again, and surfing the web in hopes to find some D4 "back to the roots" news lol ;)
09/18/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Volatility
It's worth it if you:

Or if you just still enjoy the game in general. I haven't played since season 3 or 4 due to not having a PC for about 2 years (damn near went insane) so I'm super excited to come back to it.

Plus now they are doing themes for each season to spice things up, which I'm grateful for and curious to see what future themes will be explored. Not a huge fan of the one coming up, but Greed was amazing and we're only just going into the 2nd in a week, so can't really judge it as a whole yet. Maybe by Christmas time will be fine.
I've started playing to release in 2012 and got frustrated due to rmah, way too hard inferno difficulty - especially as barb - rare legendaries and when a legendary dropped it was a 2H axe with int, as barb - that's where I quit.

I came back here and there but never got into it. A few weeks ago I played Diablo II again and it was pretty fun, so I started Diablo III again and I really liked it, can't wait for the new season to start.
09/18/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Deatheye
A few weeks ago I played Diablo II again and it was pretty fun, so I started Diablo III again and I really liked it

It's such a different game now compared to release. Can't really fault it.

Would you say it's still a good enough time sink to play a Season or two at this point?

Judging by your profile, you haven't gotten too much gear. Each season, you get a free set from doing Chapters 2-4 of the season journey. If you pick a new class each season and focus on it, you'll easily get all the class sets and complimentary legendaries for that class.
09/18/2018 03:38 PMPosted by NewAgeDoom
Are the classes balanced enough to the point where it largely doesn't matter what class you pick for leaderboard progression (Single and Group)?

Pardon me, but if not trolling, there is an answer.

Each class only competes with itself. Each class has it's max, and they are different from each other.

The number of heroes exceed the max number of players per game. There will always be a "best" composition. No, it's not fun if you don't like to run that.

On the good side, for four seasons, you can earn stash space, cosmetics, and actually play with people, since the 1st few weeks of the season, there aren't many playing non-season.
I think I may have dabbled a bit as far back as season....4?

I haven't played Diablo 3 in ages at this point (WoW kind of took over my life). Would you say it's still a good enough time sink to play a Season or two at this point? If so, what's the balance look like between the classes now?

Lol wow still got a grip of you in 2018 huh rofl
Gonna do bounties out my butt this season and then never have to do them or challenge rifts again (unless I want to)
I play HC.

Seasons is a state of mind.

If you don't get it, don't worry about it

My HC Condemn Sader did a 98 gr S14.

Best HC greater rift I've ever done.

Looking to go gr 100+ this S15 in HC.
So it sounds like botting is still a thing?

I was into D3 very hard around seasons 2-4, but really got sick of all the botting going on since you can't compete legit.
There's no bad time to get in to seasons. It's a fresh start for everyone. Everyone starts at level 1 with no gold, gear or paragon.
09/18/2018 04:17 PMPosted by TOPCommander
For me personally, the initial race is the best in the first 4-8 hour

Wow I can't imagine playing that long. Especially Diablo 3. Not because of the game play, but for some reason, I don't blink when playing Diablo, and the next thing I know when I do blink, my eyelid gets stuck to my eyeball, it's really very uncomfortable. I suppose I could invest in some Visine.
Perhaps for the stash tab, but I doubt it will be worth it for you.