advice for GR pushing

Hardcore
Playing impale Demon Hunter. Managed to clear GR 72 in 7 minutes just an hour ago.

Thing is,I'm really scared to move forward,I already lost one crusader due to stupid lack of attention and it's not like i'm an experienced player,this is like my 4th character in diablo,so it's pretty likely I'll make lots of mistakes while pushing.

How much toughness do I need to push for lets say,80 or even 90?

Right now,my toughness,while full buffed is sitting at 500 million with Fan Of Knives + bladed armor which is up 80% of the time. without it at 400 million. The only item I'm missing for my build is Traveler's Pledge which is quite slippery,been trying to get it with all means for a while now.

Elites that explode on death,if I stand in explosion, it instantly triggers my awareness passive.

damage shows 463k in town.
It all depends on your gear, life, and how fast you replenish health. A mix of damage reduction and damage you deal. Having 900k life may just be enough for Greater Rift 80, but then you change a skill and you can survive with less life. Just depends. Especially if you don't know what to avoid like explosions and fast DoT.
09/29/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Tseredian

If you hit the wrong mob you are dead anyways.
The amount of toughness doesn´t matter in this situation.
09/30/2018 12:02 AMPosted by DEATHWISH
09/29/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Tseredian

If you hit the wrong mob you are dead anyways.
The amount of toughness doesn´t matter in this situation.

what do you mean hit the wrong mob?
09/30/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Tseredian

Mobs that reflect missiles.
Your impale attacks are missiles.So watch out what you hit.
You also can also kill the whole party with this.
No one cares if you play this build solo but public/parties is a no go in HC.
09/30/2018 02:07 AMPosted by DEATHWISH
09/30/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Tseredian

I play solo only.

Didn't know mobs like that existed.

I've come across elites that have "reflects damage" mod,you mean these or are missile reflect mobs different?
09/30/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Tseredian
09/30/2018 02:07 AMPosted by DEATHWISH

I play solo only.

Didn't know mobs like that existed.

I've come across elites that have "reflects damage" mod,you mean these or are missile reflect mobs different?

Sand Dwellers and Magewraiths reflect projectiles when the sand cloud is up and spinning. If you fire your impale it will proc your passive in one shot.

Get your endless walk set and ancients to augment. Then it comes down to fishing for good map layouts, mob types and GR density with good pylons.

Pushing solo GRs while playing solo only is tedious but doable.
09/30/2018 07:48 AMPosted by CyLaNt

Sand Dwellers and Magewraiths reflect projectiles when the sand cloud is up and spinning. If you fire your impale it will proc your passive in one shot.

Get your endless walk set and ancients to augment. Then it comes down to fishing for good map layouts, mob types and GR density with good pylons.

Pushing solo GRs while playing solo only is tedious but doable.

got the travelers pledge and ancient Karlei's but its a pretty bad roll.

Cleared up to GR89 yesterday.

came across those sand dwellers in one of the rifts. got my passive procced,had to skip them

I think I'll be farming ancients and overall better gear for now,because it's becoming really dangerous lol :D
Higher rift pushing?
First is you have a double set of what you are wearing and Gem of Ease up to at least 30, preferably double that, because if you are going to push you obviously have a higher risk of dying and the above means you can come back and correct your error if it wasn't a connection death.

THEN - Imbue all your gear as high as possible before pushing. Keep imbuing.
Basically, all 13 ancient items done at gem level 90, is around 1,000 paragon points equivalent added to strength.
Maximise your damage reduction as much as you can.
Good luck.

EDIT: Also work out an exit strategy. If masses of succubi and Grotesques, get outta there and if you get a cheat death from a tiny attacker, leave the GR.