Technical Support
5 time straight in a row, Thank you Blizzard.. I love redoing everything five or six time just to get through part of and Act. Only to have to redo it all again. Thank you so very much
Thank your internet. 1016 is a generic network issue code.. packet losses, hub lag on any of the hops from server to server between you and blizzard, loss of service. Blizzard does not own the internet. Check the tech forum for tips.
Hint. Start with updating drivers.
Move out of the sticks.
10/01/2018 07:43 AMPosted by kwittstruck
Thank your internet. 1016 is a generic network issue code.. packet losses, hub lag on any of the hops from server to server between you and blizzard, loss of service. Blizzard does not own the internet. Check the tech forum for tips.

On the other hand... offline mode?
Offline mode? Oh you must be talking about console. They have a forum as well dedicacated.
No, I'm not talking about console. I'm talking about the option to sign into an online client, if DRM is so important, and then have the option to take it offline. Not that I would play offline, but I don't see why people need to be triggered over the possibility.
10/01/2018 07:43 AMPosted by kwittstruck

Yes My inter net is the problem in a single player game.. You are so Right.
10/01/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
and then have the option to take it offline.

They don't. Allowing that simply asking hackers to pirate the game and more lawsuit cost for them to shut down unofficial servers. They'll never swim at those waters.

09/30/2018 04:00 PMPosted by taglag
5 time straight in a row,

Name checks out. Issue a complaint to your ISP, if your service provider fails there's nothing Blizzard could do. Maintaining connection is your responsibility not theirs.
10/01/2018 12:27 PMPosted by naksiloth
10/01/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
and then have the option to take it offline.

They don't. Allowing that simply asking hackers to pirate the game and more lawsuit cost for them to shut down unofficial servers. They'll never swim at those waters.

09/30/2018 04:00 PMPosted by taglag
5 time straight in a row,

Name checks out. Issue a complaint to your ISP, if your service provider fails there's nothing Blizzard could do. Maintaining connection is your responsibility not theirs.

Consoles don't have it ( which proves it is not needed ) only PC players get Scr3wed with single player games, I don't care about achivement's, I only play alone, and with a very few select friend's ( and when I am playing with them I fully understand disconnects ). I don't like playing on Console, and don't want to play on Console.
And don't start that stuff about pirate's, the only person's suffering or actual purchasers of the game.

No matter what you say lagging in a single player game is absolute BS.

SC2 lets you play offline, if you internet is down, but not this mess.
Nothing Blizzard can do. What a Crock, there game design is the very reason it happens.
I'm pretty sure if you read the Eula (yeah I know, no one ever does) there is a section that covers blizzards !@#$ in there that has to do with drm. Because you hit I agree. It's fair play for them to keep the game on there servers and require online only.
10/01/2018 05:08 PMPosted by taglag
Consoles don't have it

Buying a console isn't that hard. At least it'd be better than paying to an incompetent ISP. Otherwise you won't be getting anything out of blaming a deaf-mute mountain that is Blizzard for taking measures to protect their own intellectual property. That's unless you're getting daily kicks and gigs out of it like the fanboys who frequent these forums.
We all get that code. I have gotten during GRs just as Im about to win new high levels. Yes we get it .. it... SUCKS. But you have to suck it up buttercup. Sign back in and keep on moving. That is the nature of the internet. I get it several times a day. Sometimes I find clearing my computer of all unneeded activities at the time helps . Usually the recommendation if I was still in the military POBCAK orPEBKAC
The tech support forum has a check you can run that that will show you your ping on every hop through the internet to the server. That, along with their other troubleshooting guides will help pinpoint your problem.

Consoles do have offline mode, they also have a ton of hacked and modded gear. This is why seasons on consoles are online only, just like PC.
10/01/2018 09:11 PMPosted by SoAngry
The tech support forum has a check you can run that that will show you your ping on every hop through the internet to the server. That, along with their other troubleshooting guides will help pinpoint your problem.

Consoles do have offline mode, they also have a ton of hacked and modded gear. This is why seasons on consoles are online only, just like PC.

That is not the point, The point is a single player game should never lag..Period.

I bought the game day one. Stood in line, It was a Diablo game. I loved D2 and expansion. I got to tell you I truly hated the game, the Auction, the lag on line, Every thing about it was a mess, including the level, and insanely hard play levels. It was a total wreck. Biggest mess I have ever seen made of a Classic, other than duke nuke'um.

I swore I would never buy another Blizzard game, and I have not. But a friend gifted me the expansion, for this, and Starcraft 2.

SC2 is Cool, they even let you play off line.

I will say this game is actually fun now, they have improved a lot, and it feels much better in every way. Except for the single player Lag.

That is Not my ISP's problem, that is bad design by the game maker's, and the Bean counter's pulling the Shot's instead of people with common sense. Blizzard did the Console's right, but they Totally ripped of the PC user's.

I will play it, but I am not hunkering down, and agreeing with this Lag in a single player game.

You know many Company forum thread's, have people to nay say anyone that picks at there product in any way. and most of them have multiple account's on the forum just for that, it's called PR.

This has always been the worst forum for that. I don't like lagging in a single player game, and I get pounded, and every one blamed except the people that made the game, in such a way that Lag in single player is possible.

No matter what you say I am right, lag in a single player game is ludicrous.
I will deal with it, but I will never think it is right, and I won't ever buy one of there game's my self again.
The argument of "single player needs to be offline" is one thing.

But the problem here is your internet. No one else is having this issue to the extent that you are. Just you.

So quit complaining and find out how to fix it like an adult.
10/01/2018 09:48 PMPosted by taglag
Nope it just said internet connection Required.

And you are complaining because of that requirement. It's not like it said internet connection optional.
required:
adjective,
officially compulsory, or otherwise considered essential; indispensable.

So what are you complaining about?
it said internet connection required
The point is a single player game should never lag..Period.

Actually the point is you are playing on a server god knows how far away so there is going to be a delay or lag. It's not like you are playing the game soley on the computer only
That is not the point, The point is a single player game should never lag..Period.

Here's another point: D3, while can be played solo, is not a singleplayer game.
You fanboi's, and PR people can cover it up all you want, but the biggest Blem on this game is Lag, or disconnect in single or solo play while playing this game.

Any time I discuss this game with any one, that is the first thing they bring up..
Most with statements like " I died because of lag so many time, and in a single player that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen".

you all are only trying to cover up one of the biggest problems with this game.