Technical Support
10/03/2018 02:14 PMPosted by taglag
You fanboi's, and PR people can cover it up all you want

What is there to cover up, if people have been playing at the same time as you and never have had this problem?
You think Blizzard is targeting YOUR pc only and now needs to trash talk us, cause we don't jump on that conclusion?
You do realise that if you get disconnected, there are several options to why it occured.
Internet, modem, pc, game files, hack, servers etc.

If people have not reported any issues, it lies within your area. And instead of blaming us / making a useless post / trash talk, why not ask if others have had the same issue so you at least know where to start checking for errors.
You fanboi's, and PR people can cover it up all you want, but the biggest Blem on this game is Lag, or disconnect in single or solo play while playing this game.

Any time I discuss this game with any one, that is the first thing they bring up..
Most with statements like " I died because of lag so many time, and in a single player that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen".

you all are only trying to cover up one of the biggest problems with this game.

You have been complaining about the lack of offline mode, and how bad your connection is, since 2013. You claimed the game did not specify "a fast" connection, just being online. Because, as you admitted, your connection was poor, your gaming experience was poor. You wanted that to somehow justify them making an offline mode.

Have you upgraded your connection since your previous posts? If not then it is going to continue to be an issue.

I also do not see a single thread from you in the TS forum asking for connection help or following the troubleshooting instructions. It seems you basically concluded your connection was poor and that was that, so they should make offline mode for you. When you brought up your connection issues on General in the past, people told you the same things as in this thread. Many people play without issues.

Is there something I missed here?
Try tweak your modem by some help and call your Internet Service Provider about issuing a problem. If they can not do crap, either sue your ISP or opt out to change it. Blizzard is not responsible from your local internet structure. If those didn't do the trick then you should be on your way to buy a console where you can play offline.
10/03/2018 02:42 PMPosted by MissCheetah
You fanboi's, and PR people can cover it up all you want, but the biggest Blem on this game is Lag, or disconnect in single or solo play while playing this game.

Any time I discuss this game with any one, that is the first thing they bring up..
Most with statements like " I died because of lag so many time, and in a single player that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen".

you all are only trying to cover up one of the biggest problems with this game.

You have been complaining about the lack of offline mode, and how bad your connection is, since 2013. You claimed the game did not specify "a fast" connection, just being online. Because, as you admitted, your connection was poor, your gaming experience was poor. You wanted that to somehow justify them making an offline mode.

Have you upgraded your connection since your previous posts? If not then it is going to continue to be an issue.

I also do not see a single thread from you in the TS forum asking for connection help or following the troubleshooting instructions. It seems you basically concluded your connection was poor and that was that, so they should make offline mode for you. When you brought up your connection issues on General in the past, people told you the same things as in this thread. Many people play without issues.

Is there something I missed here?

Yeppers! You missed everything in your attempt to cover up a bad design, by blaming again every one who had nothing to do with the game. The ISP has nothing to do with Diablo 3, and get's no kick back from it.

Blizzard made the game, and they made it in a way that can lag in solo or single player game mode. Blizzard made the problem.

It should have said on the box Online play only. Not just internet connection required. Also warning that you need a very stable connection for best enjoyment, even in single player mode.

I live as many in the Heart land of America in a rural area, I only have One ISP available, other than satellite ( and we all know that is wrong for Twitch games ). The phone company has a Monopoly in this County, and I have no other choice. ( Believe me I have tried to get another ISP, but the minute I give Zip, and address, they say "sorry we are Unable to supply that area". )
I have been at my ISP constantly, but they know I have no other choice, and I can truly tell that they do not care.

It is bad game design, not some uninterested or uninvolved ISP problem. Constantly trying to blame someone who has nothing to do with the game, is like is like blaming the Cobbler for your Pant's not fitting right.
10/06/2018 08:50 AMPosted by taglag
Also warning that you need a very stable connection for best enjoyment, even in single player mode.

System Requirements
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34784 Broadband Internet connection

It was known that D3 would be an online only game since well before release. You chose to buy it anyway.

It is bad game design, not some uninterested or uninvolved ISP problem. Constantly trying to blame someone who has nothing to do with the game, is like is like blaming the Cobbler for your Pant's not fitting right.

Blizzard does not own the internet or control it. You want to blame Blizzard because you can't play a game due to your poor connection. The game requires a decent connection. You don't have it. It is not Blizzard's job to fix it. It is up to the ISP - as you have admitted in the past.

You want to go to the store. To get there you need to drive on a road. That road is slow and full of potholes. Do you blame the store or the people responsible for building and maintaining the road? Pretty sure you know the answer to that one. Blame the road builders, not the end destination.
10/01/2018 11:30 AMPosted by taglag
10/01/2018 07:43 AMPosted by kwittstruck
Thank your internet. 1016 is a generic network issue code.. packet losses, hub lag on any of the hops from server to server between you and blizzard, loss of service. Blizzard does not own the internet. Check the tech forum for tips.
Hint. Start with updating drivers.

Yes My inter net is the problem in a single player game.. You are so Right.

Yes, your internet connection is the problem.

D3 isn't a single player game, even if you always play like that. Issues with 1016 should be posted in the technical support forum section. Posting it in Gen Disc only leads to trolling.

You know that, right?

Nobody is having this issue, unless they have a problem related to their os/hardware/internet connection; it doesn't have anything to do with D3.

Nice try.
Many people play without issues.

Not true Miss Cheetah,

Everyone that plays at least a couple hours every day will eventually have a 1016 or rubberbanding in game.

The number of D3 players has dropped significantly in last few years.

The Blizzard D3 Server/Telephony has lowered to a much smaller number and there are bottle necks when more people log in now.
I know you do not play much D3, so you don't really understand this issue.
10/06/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Chetanji
Many people play without issues.

Not true Miss Cheetah,

Everyone that plays at least a couple hours every day will eventually have a 1016 or rubberbanding in game.

Not true in any way, shape, or form.

I play this game a lot, and I have never had a 1016, and rubberbanding hasn't occurred since the first 6 months after the game came out.

As already said, the issues OP is having are related to something outside of D3. Probably hardware / internet connection...broken record.....
I am able to play the game, and some time's it plays very well. But when the net starts to hick up, and rubber band, and you die miserably, or have to replay levels over, and over to hopefully finish them, it can become intolerable, and if you would read back through the thousands of post you will find many people have rage quit because of it.

Some even posting on You tube, and showing everyone as they trashed everything in there inventory before deleting the game from there Comp.

I have not quit, and as much of the time I can play reasonably well.

The improvements to the game I have seen from the Gift I was given with the expansion, and the necromancer are very nice, and have made it far more enjoyable,
But when it does not play well, and 1016 becomes a constant pop Up it is the most frustrating experience, and can truly bring out many curse word's for Blizzard, and there stupid design.

No matter what you say, the possibility of Lagging in a solo player experience is just wrong. It should not happen
Go reach your ISP instead of spewing bullcrap. If you're too broken to buy a console or change your ISP, just spit it out. Really. At the time you spent writing that post, you could've tweak your modem/router to heal your connection or call your ISP about issuing a problem.

10/06/2018 12:44 PMPosted by taglag
Lagging in a solo player experience

They won't feel obliged to open their game to piracy just because some troll rants like a broken record over and over. As others pointed, most people didn't have any major problems with the game after first six months.

But when it does not play well, and 1016 becomes a constant pop Up it is the most frustrating experience

Even local weather can affect your connection. There could be your DNS cache, V-sync, excess RAM usage and many other elements slowing you down. None of these have to do with Blizzard's servers. Call your damn ISP instead of blaming a deaf-mute mountain. We all suggested you ways of handling your own problem, you're just being lazy and entitled to your own opinions instead of listening.

Most people suggest installing D3 on a SSD for dealing with slow downs, because game dynamically downloads any sound file, ambient music or glare effect as you play through. SSD has a better read-write rate than a regular hard disk. Rest is about your own connection, no matter how you deny it. That also brings another connection; do you even remember your ISP's number or brand name?

and can truly bring out many curse word's for Blizzard, and there stupid design.

Do that instead of calling your ISP and see if anyone cares. People also directed you troubleshooting and technical problems forums. Bickering beyond that point just means you're getting your kicks from trolling these forums instead of playing the game.

No matter what you say, the possibility of Lagging in a solo player experience is just wrong. It should not happen

You are not in 90s anymore.
The ISP has nothing to do with Diablo 3, and get's no kick back from it.

And how exactly are you going to connect to the Blizzard servers with no internet connection
10/06/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Chetanji

True enough I guess, you will get a 1016 error when Blizzard shuts down the servers for matinance
10/06/2018 09:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
You want to go to the store. To get there you need to drive on a road. That road is slow and full of potholes. Do you blame the store or the people responsible for building and maintaining the road?

OP blames the store
10/06/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Chetanji
Also, no doubt you've had a number of 1016's in the past you don't remember.

OOhh a stalker going around to other peoples houses and spying on them, must be true you apparently know he is lying and has had a 1016 error and the only way to know that is if you were stalking him and saw it happen while spying on them

Hmmm so why is it that when you watch the news and the news caster is talking to someone on the other side of the country it takes them a couple of seconds to respond to the question, they are just talking and the other person should respond immediately after the first person stops talking not take a break
Im just saying for all you defending blizzard i have a 1 gb/s fiberoptic connection have not been able to play since last patch its blizzard tbousands of people sa re having the same issue dont defend the company
To all of you that want to say "It is nobody's fault; it is the network glitching." I say this to you... I readily admit that there is a lot of that that is true, BUT... I own my own pet computer Geek... not only does he write code, he writes in binary and can trouble shoot and pin-point problems. It is nice to have a room mate that rivals Gates and Jobs in their computer prowess. I have never had a problem with 1016. HE HAS. He has done all the stuff that the Blizzard Brown Nose Crew has said to do, and more. The only thing he has found has been packets being only partially sent from the BLIZZARD end of things. That is only looking at one person's problem with the game. Do not say it is all "your network" or all "your connection"... that is not always the case. Sometimes the problem stems from BLIZZARD's connection. Does that mean that Blizz can do anything? Not necessarily. But it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THEIR CONNECTION, just as we have to maintain ours. There is also the fact that there seem to be spikes of 1016 problems after certain patches to the game... that sure smells of a Blizz prob there. No it is not all Blizzard's fault. No it is not all the players' connections fault. But Blizz needs to acknowledge those 2 aspects of the problem instead of simply telling people it is THE PLAYERS' fault alone.
Please do not necro old threads. If you (or your friend) has a problem, please create a new thread so it can be reviewed.