Give Wyatt / team a break...

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 25 Next
11/02/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Vreivai
11/02/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Phatty
He has to tow the company line.

And the company line has to reflect the investors, and the investors want a mobile game.

Well, apparently people misunderstood this comment.

I'm criticizing how much control investors have over Blizzard's decisions.

Ok, then. Apparently people love the control shareholders have over Blizzard, and love the direction they're taking the company. I have to say, I'm surprised.

Ok, I had to log in to comment on this.

Stop trying to blame things on investors. The investors don't have a say in these decisions. I am an investor and can guarantee you I never was asked. If I had been I would have said no.

Now maybe this will be a success in the Chinese market, no accounting for taste. If it is then as an investor I will be okay with this - right now I am not.
If he had any integrity, he'd resign before announcing this. Better, he'd resign when whatever "board" decided, "this is what we'll do".

Im death serious aswell. I would never put up with that on my job. But then again he makes abit more money than me I'm sure...
11/02/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Toots
I'm at Blizzcon.

Their hearts are broken also.

Wyatt cried backstage after the announcement before what's next portion.

His eyes are bloodshot and puffy.

Pretty obvious.

Sad, sad day for everyone. If we're crushed, just imagine how he feels.

Sad now? Just imagine how did he feel leading up to this all those 3 years they spent on this project?!
I really have to wonder who put them in this position. It wasn't fair for them or for the people there.
I don't think they do/can get it.
Watching the HOTS and during every break there is the Diablo video. They could / should simply replace it, at least to reduce negativity. The OW or WoW announcements should be fine.
I'm at Blizzcon.

Pretty obvious.

Wyatt seems like a good guy, but this is literally his job. When product launches go poorly in ANY business it is not a good day. No one should threaten him personally, but it is completely fair for the community to express that they are unhappy with the direction the IP has been taken in.
Take a picture so we can laugh.

I'm at Blizzcon.

Pretty obvious.

Wait wait wait, you want us the consumers to feel sorry for their botched con? Are you kidding me? As consumers we vote with our wallets, and if they had a collective brain amongst all of them they would have taken a week out of their schedule and played the three biggest competitors gobbling up their lost players.

PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight, and Wolcen(beta) are drawing eyeballs and blizzards response is not "Hey let's take a critical look at how we are losing people and to what."

It's "Let's phone in a cash grab piece of rubbish, push out some more seasons with nothing actually new, and let's hold them off while we hit the beach."

Do your research into why you are losing ground, otherwise you'll have lost it all by the time you figure it out.
They need criticism to improve on their mistakes, unless they ignore the community which will further embed their mistakes.
I'm at Blizzcon.

...all will suffer, as I have suffered!
I'll be real for a second.

I feel bad that he's upset, it's just the humanity in me. At the same time, he's only upset because of American backlash that happened on a livestream in front of millions. Once the Chinese start pouring their money into his pockets, he'll crush those old emotions with his wallet.
No.

Get thicker skin. When you mock a large room full of people be prepared to have them ... mock you back. He chose, openly and consciously, to make the smart !@# remark.

The "do y'all not have a phone" non-sense is malicious and shows he has a poor attitude. At a bare minimum he needs to have a stern talking to. Ideally that entire team needs a Come To Jesus Moment (TM).

I have a PS4. It sees more Netflix than gaming. I have a 4k 27" monitor with a nice MSI laptop. I game on the PC because it's nicer.

I only play the Simpsons: Tapped Out on my phone. I don't like doing a lot of gaming on my phone.

So yes, I have a phone since, apparently, it bothers them so much I prefer the PC. Suppose until they fix their attitude and act I won't buy the next Diablo. Sucks but that's the way it is. They'd rather let people down and mock them then listen.
Backlash is deserved. Don't sell out a franchise that is beloved to some MTX mobile outsourced bull!@#$ and expect fans to embrace it.
Toad to China. Are you really going to buy this crap? Over.
I'm at Blizzcon.

Pretty obvious.

OH I get it, and I feel for him. People are more just pissed at blizzard themselves, or should I say...

Activision Blizzard.

Wyatt will get some !@#$ for this, but it's probly not even his fault. Even Konami and EA are into mobile games now, almost every single big name is.

Doesn't take any kind of genius or knower of Diablo games to know, just how bad of a PR move this was for Blizzard.

It's worse than WoW devs saying "You think you want Classic WoW, but you really don't" because we know there that it's more the devs being stupid and stubborn, than the devs being professional morons for no reason.

The lack of a reason often makes everything worse. Even if the reason is "Oh I did it for political gain" it's better than "I won't say why I did it"
OP proves that some people like their balls nailed to stepstools. makes no sense to most of us, but, hey, nail on OP, nail on.
11/02/2018 06:17 PMPosted by HardReign
Get thicker skin. When you mock a large room full of people be prepared to have them ... mock you back. He chose, openly and consciously, to make the smart !@# remark.

The "do y'all not have a phone" non-sense is malicious and shows he has a poor attitude. At a bare minimum he needs to have a stern talking to. Ideally that entire team needs a Come To Jesus Moment (TM).

Let's talk about that. Do you really think he was mocking you?

Or maybe it was an offhand comment trying to lighten the mood.

You say he needs to grow thicker skin. I say people who feel insulted by the guy need it more than he does.

Do not direct your frustrations at the guy delivering the message. He answers to someone. We shouldn't make the guy's life worse off for it. Try to put yourself in his shoes.

If more people thought that way the world would be better off.

I fully support voicing dissatisfaction over the announcement. I am disappointed as well. I do not believe the things people are saying about Wyatt are fair at all.
No. They gave the community 0% of what they wanted and have been waiting patiently for.
11/02/2018 05:25 PMPosted by EternalChamp
11/02/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Toots

Sad, sad day for everyone. If we're crushed, just imagine how he feels.

Sad now? Just imagine how did he feel leading up to this all those 3 years they spent on this project?!

Yeah...feeling rich and happy.

Till the announcement day....
I'm at Blizzcon.

Pretty obvious.

Do you have a video of him crying, you should post it.