Open Apology, from a former fanboy

General Discussion
11/02/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Avalon
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to anyone who took offence at any of my sarcastic comments, in my defense of Blizzard and the developers of Diablo. In my zeal to defend the one and only game that I play, I was over the top with some of my comments. For this I am truly sorry, as it now appears that some of you were in fact correct all along. Today's news is just too depressing.

Please forgive,

Former fanboy, now just in shock.

Avalon

No, offense taken Avalon. It's a forum. We all have opinions and are pretty much free to express them. It is good to have arguments on both sides of the topics. If any comments I made on your posts offended you, I apologize, nothing was meant as personal.

Sadly, some of us saw the writing on the wall long before others did. I have played this series since back in the D1 days. My wife and kids tell me to find another game and move along, unfortunately I am super passionate for the series and it is impossible to totally give it up.

It is dreadful what they have done to Diablo. We can only voice our opinions on what we like and don't like and hope that they finally, actually listen to their fanbase.

Don't give up on your passion. Keep expressing your opinions. Don't get caught up in who agrees with you and who doesn't. Keep the faith and maybe down the road we will finally get what we want.
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize......to ABSOLUTELY NO1!!!!! the backlash is well deserved!!
This F thing is eerily like mockingjay/hunger games salute.

Guess we gotta overthrow the cants.
11/02/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Avalon
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to anyone who took offence at any of my sarcastic comments, in my defense of Blizzard and the developers of Diablo. In my zeal to defend the one and only game that I play, I was over the top with some of my comments. For this I am truly sorry, as it now appears that some of you were in fact correct all along. Today's news is just too depressing.

Please forgive,

Former fanboy, now just in shock.

Avalon

I was a Diablo fanatic on dial up.
My brother beat Diablo 2 before me just before he died.
I toured the old Blizz office that shared a building with a telecom company when Lord of Destruction came out.
I went to school to become a game designer because of this one franchise.

Diablo 3 broke my heart and my fan boyism. We hate because we care and I'm sorry we can't tell you things will get better.
F
F
F
What's the 'F' thing in this thread? Good or bad?
f
f
F
well on a side note steam is releasing "Hellgate London" full single player/co-op on November 15th - including all cut content and the last expansion that the original Blizzard North *Ahem - Flagship Studios* was working on before they shut the game down and sold the game franchise. This is something to look for if you can look past the dated graphics, we may just have a good replacement. Spread the word on reddit? Tragic diablo, but a re-boot to our old time devs brevick and the like who tried but failed with Hellgate - the same hype train we have going on with the last 2 blizzcon's. Let's make Hellgate London massive in player-base just to show Blizzard what a real game is.
11/02/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Blackthorn
We're all in shock. It's a hard betrayal. We only can hope this sort of thing doesn't happen to the other games.

Ubisoft censored their own games just to please china market. Soo this sh1t is everywhere. Fukk AAA companies: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-337194-16/aesthetic-changes-in-y3s4
F
11/03/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Nsonata
11/02/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Blackthorn
We're all in shock. It's a hard betrayal. We only can hope this sort of thing doesn't happen to the other games.

Ubisoft censored their own games just to please china market. Soo this sh1t is everywhere. Fukk AAA companies: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-337194-16/aesthetic-changes-in-y3s4

Maximum available facepalm.
F
11/03/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Gable
well on a side note steam is releasing "Hellgate London" full single player/co-op on November 15th - including all cut content and the last expansion that the original Blizzard North *Ahem - Flagship Studios* was working on before they shut the game down and sold the game franchise. This is something to look for if you can look past the dated graphics, we may just have a good replacement. Spread the word on reddit? Tragic diablo, but a re-boot to our old time devs brevick and the like who tried but failed with Hellgate - the same hype train we have going on with the last 2 blizzcon's. Let's make Hellgate London massive in player-base just to show Blizzard what a real game is.

I get your goal but it was my understanding that this version of Hellgate will have a lot of in-app purchases form the Korean launch of the game when it was first sold.

Also as someone who bought the lifetime pass (./sigh) Hellgate had great character design and control but you can tell the budget wasn't there. If someone is looking for another option I'd recommend Grim Dawn personally.
F
F