LoN Buff

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
Keeping this short on LoN builds, it is just too low to even come close to competing with sets. Maybe 1000% per ancient might get there. However, with all the damage buffs on the various classes, surviving is more of an issue. Balance the damage buffs with better numbers for survival. It does no good do increased damage if you can't survive. LoN is a straight up damage buff without any increase defense. The sets (some) have in defense factors which can have the numbers buffed with damage numbers (and they should). But Unless you add a certain percent armor increase with a damage increase to the LoN rings you are not really going to push very far with LoN.
Agreed. The mitigation should be upped, even if only to 6% per ancient item.
I honestly think LoN should be completely redesigned. They could add a 3rd piece as an amulet for you to choose which 2 pieces you want to wear. Also I would add another bonus on top of the two we have. But since I know they won't be doing that I would be alright with a simple buff, all it needs is 800% damage per piece and 5% damage reduction.
1000% dmg + 6% dmg red per piece max 10 pieces. meaning you can use its full effect even though you are short a few ancients.

Plus no penalty for 2h weapons
11/23/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Kani
add a 3rd piece

^
Pants would be nice since those are the least represented. Doubt it would happen though
I like the third piece idea, but it would take away the hellfire amulet (if an amulet was the third piece). I think having a hellfire with LoN builds is a good thing, and adds to the value of using LoN with an extra passive.

I agree that LoN cannot compete with most sets as far as damage mitigation. I think that baseline, LoN should have +5-6% reduced damage per ancient along with the 500% damage buff.

Secondly, LoN should have a second tier damage buff for anything primal. Along with a a higher reduced damage % for each primal equipped.

LoN builds are much much harder to gear for, and the payoff should be worth it. IMO, LoN builds that are viable make the grind worth it. The value should reflect that it takes longer to gear for than a normal set, and the effectiveness should reflect as much.
I'm totally against the primal buff for LON - I don't want to spend my time gearing up a full primal character it would be beyond ridiculous and I'd just give up on LON.
I do think the damage reduction needs to be buffed from 4% per ancient to at least 6%, more would be nice.
I am for a primal boost since it would take 1000s of hours to fully gear up ANY build in primals. Mine would be even worse as it uses bag drops and I HAVE to farm them.
I honestly think LoN should be completely redesigned. They cold add a 3rd piece as a neck for you to choose which 2 pieces you want to wear, also I would add another bonus on top of the two we have. But since I know they won't be doing that I would be alright with a simple buff, all it need is a 800% per piece and 5% damage reduction.

My Plan B ^^ :-
Give LoN set bonus to all players like what they have done with RoRG in S16.
I totally agree!

Furthermore I really would love to be able to use other 2-Set-Bonuses with the LoN-Set.
With this change you could come up with completely new builds.
For example a Wizard-Tal-Meteor-LoN-Build; or maybe a Necro-Corpse Lance-LoN-Build.

So here is my suggestion to improve the LoN-Set:

As long as you do not have any 4-set-bonus nor any 6-set-bonus, every Ancient item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 666% and reduces your damage taken by 6%.
They cold add a 3rd piece as a neck for you to choose which 2 pieces you want to wear,

I love this idea!
With this I would be able to use Manald Heal and Halo of Karini!
Testing LON on 1000% per ancient item is a start to see if it competes with the new class sets considering they are all over 10000% and they can utilize ring slots and endless walk set.

Lon either needs to be an Innate for every class that when you are not wearing any set items it is already active so you can use different rings or it needs to be buffed way over 500%.

Since making LON a passive for every class needs coding i assume the number change on the set bonus would be a realistic change we might see this PTR.
11/23/2018 07:04 PMPosted by GatElttab
1000% dmg + 6% dmg red per piece max 10 pieces. meaning you can use its full effect even though you are short a few ancients.

Plus no penalty for 2h weapons

6% would actually probably be too powerful. It would put a nearly complete set to right under 80% reduction. Some classes already have items that give them comparable reduction, like Wizard's ring cubed. The combined defense would be pretty OP. I think a solid 5% would be just right.

I agree with the damage being upped. 500% just won't put it in the range of feel good with how much more effort is required for a good LoN set build vs a much easier to complete green set.
The issue with lon toughness is limited to a few classes. Ironically, those same classes are the one with all their toughness options on rings.
Adding a third piece is a nice idea, a amulet would be nice as it's keeping the the jewellery theme. Have a 2 piece and a 3 piece set bonus like the sage's set. Means people can be more creative with their builds and really customize it.
I like the idea of a 3rd item to the set although not sure it should be an amulet since hellfire can be useful in LoN builds.
The should move it to hellfire ring and change the set to something else.
I honestly think LoN should be completely redesigned. They cold add a 3rd piece as a neck for you to choose which 2 pieces you want to wear, also I would add another bonus on top of the two we have. But since I know they won't be doing that I would be alright with a simple buff, all it need is a 800% per piece and 5% damage reduction.

This is my two scents on a redesign.

The multiplier should be twofold:

Example

600% applies to raw damage buff and also multiply the orange legendary affix. So Shard of Hates orange affix would not be 250%, but 250% * 600% as well, making it 3,250%. This would truly give us massive build diversity.
They aren't going to be adding new items or changing mechanics. No 3rd item for the set. Some lazy number changes are the best we can hope for. 500% is not enough
I think LoN could be revised slightly. Building around all ANCIENT gear is not an easy ordeal. Most casual people like myself rarely build toward LoN because of the obscene cost of time. I usually peak out at 400-500 paragons before quitting the season and wait til next season to enjoy the re-gearing process.

I think two options could make it much more viable:

Option 1 -
>Adjust cap to 6 pieces.
>250% damage and 1.5% damage resistant bonus per ancient.
>50% damage and 1% damage resistant bonus per non-ancient.
>Bonus double for every additional pieces
**At full 6 ancient pieces = 8000% and 48% damage reduction.
**At full 6 non-ancient pieces = 1600% and 32% damage reduction.

Reasons: Quickly usable without ancient. Reasonable time to obtain 6 ancients for full potential.

Option 2 -
>Adjust cap to 8 pieces.
>1000% damage and 6% damage resistant bonus per ancient.
>250% damage and 4% damage resistant bonus per non-ancient legendary.
**Same max bonus

Reason: Stronger starting but longer to reach peak bonus.

In addition, if LoN were to provide smaller bonus to normal legendary, I also believe that haedrig's gift should not provide class set bonus set but instead provide LoN set. The insta-power jump with free class set is insane. Even more, it locks majority of the players to build onto this starter set rather than switching. By the time you gather other sets, you already too invested in the starter set. I think transitioning out of LoN to class is easier because LoN can get away with crazy build (or no build) and can easily be transition to any class set.