To the community Manager. DISAPPOINTED

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
11/04/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Cenobite
SHE IS THE COMMUNITY MANAGER, which means she's the one in charge to give the best constructive feedback fom the community to the developers of Diablo.
In which stone has that been carved..?
11/07/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Rushster
Also, when a game has been out so long and there's not a lot to discuss as there are no new updated planned, Blizzard tends to go quiet with the community which is admittedly not the best policy. Again nobody should be surprised at the lack of response so far. There may not even be one.

"We're listening." Yeah for the past 18 years huh? And we should expect no official statement? What good is posting our grievances if no one cares? I guess no one can come down from the ivory tower over at Irvine and talk to us peasants huh?

Disgusting.
Any community manager who has to deal with the fallout will have to seek advice from other management before posting anything. Blizzard keeps tight control of communication with the community when it comes to official business. You guys should not be surprised there has been no response.

Everything that is posted officially that impacts a brand or franchise is checked and double checked which is why it takes time to get responses on important issues.

Also, when a game has been out so long and there's not a lot to discuss as there are no new updated planned, Blizzard tends to go quiet with the community which is admittedly not the best policy. Again nobody should be surprised at the lack of response so far. There may not even be one.

I understand that, but Blizzard needs to change that model. Lack of communication for weeks, just so the CM can do their job is not acceptable in most companies. They hire PR people for a reason. Yes, that's not the CM's only job, but it's arguably the most important.

They are the face of the company. The most direct line to the developers and the penny counters. If they can't trust their PR people to properly communicate with the community, then they need to find those who are. If they can't trust anyone to do that, then they need to rethink their business model. All of their games fall to this same problem. You can't spend days/weeks thinking of a response. The CM should have a general response, give updates to issues fairly regular.
Signed
11/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Rhavin
11/04/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Cenobite
SHE IS THE COMMUNITY MANAGER, which means she's the one in charge to give the best constructive feedback fom the community to the developers of Diablo.
In which stone has that been carved..?
Blizzard shill spotted
Signed

F
11/07/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Rahfal
Any community manager who has to deal with the fallout will have to seek advice from other management before posting anything. Blizzard keeps tight control of communication with the community when it comes to official business. You guys should not be surprised there has been no response.

Everything that is posted officially that impacts a brand or franchise is checked and double checked which is why it takes time to get responses on important issues.

I understand that, but Blizzard needs to change that model. Lack of communication for weeks, just so the CM can do their job is not acceptable in most companies. They hire PR people for a reason. Yes, that's not the CM's only job, but it's arguably the most important.

They are the face of the company. The most direct line to the developers and the penny counters. If they can't trust their PR people to properly communicate with the community, then they need to find those who are. If they can't trust anyone to do that, then they need to rethink their business model. All of their games fall to this same problem. You can't spend days/weeks thinking of a response. The CM should have a general response, give updates to issues fairly regular.

I think there is a slim chance that we actually will see a shift in terms of the communication structures between Blizzard and the players.

However, due to the constant growth of the company over the years, Blizzard has become a very slow moving entity, so I wouldn't expect any substantial changes in the very near future.

These strategic decisions, even more so when they almost mean a 180° change of direction, need time.

And I said "slim chance", because having Mr. "you think you do, but you don't" as the new head honcho doesn't make me overly confident.
F
signed
signed

Friggggggging dissapointed.
/Signed
All these years all we heard are unfulfilled promises and lies ...

Signet

Yeah that's why they had a mobile game headliner at PC-based con.
signed
11/07/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Cenobite
11/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Rhavin
...In which stone has that been carved..?
Blizzard shill spotted

Damn, I got debunked. You're a real brain.

Yeah, I wonder who the geniuses are that thought hyping a Diablo announcement and then announcing a mobile game at Blizzcon was a good idea.

How the hell did that idea pass through the double and tripple checks.
11/07/2018 09:02 AMPosted by error37
11/07/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Rahfal

I think there is a slim chance that we actually will see a shift in terms of the communication structures between Blizzard and the players.

However, due to the constant growth of the company over the years, Blizzard has become a very slow moving entity, so I wouldn't expect any substantial changes in the very near future.

These strategic decisions, even more so when they almost mean a 180° change of direction, need time.

And I said "slim chance", because having Mr. "you think you do, but you don't" as the new head honcho doesn't make me overly confident.

Oh, I agree completely. I don't see it happening, but it should.
/signed
I think a time will come when Blizzard has to really undertake a thorough re-examination of what benefit they themselves and their players are realizing by sticking to this "We'll tell you when the time is right" strategy that they've adopted for dissemination of information regarding their products. At some point when something is clearly not working anymore, you should adapt. Sticking to "what we've always done" is how you end up coming off as blindingly out of touch with your fans as you have.

All the billions in sales every year doesn't somehow automatically mean you're doing it right. Carefully crafted responses that come from on high and use tons of words to say absolutely nothing aren't doing it right.

This isn't a Diablo issue; this is a Blizzard issue. I don't get it. We're talking about video games here, not the nuclear launch codes. Why all this vagueness and secrecy about "multiple Diablo projects?" Take five bloody minutes to tell your fans what you're working and then get the hell back to working on it.
signed