To the community Manager. DISAPPOINTED

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
There's a story in Kotaku where they interview Allen Adham and he states that Blizzard weren't expecting this level of backlash from fans.

Either that's a lie or it's the truth. If it's the truth then, frankly, it wouldn't have happened if the CM for Diablo had been doing their job.
11/04/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Keldane
There's a story in Kotaku where they interview Allen Adham and he states that Blizzard weren't expecting this level of backlash from fans.

Either that's a lie or it's the truth. If it's the truth then, frankly, it wouldn't have happened if the CM for Diablo had been doing their job.

If that is the truth, then the whole "We listen to our fans" is a lie.
So either way he's a liar in my book.
11/04/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Keldane

What probably happened:
Blizzard were expecting some backlash - but not that high.
So it might be true that they didnt expect THIS LEVEL OF BACKLASH, but it doesnt mean CM did very bad job. Perhaps CM failed, but we cannot know. Managers and people who actually makes decisions can ignore CMs when they are for example blinded by money.

What I have learned working in RL, that in corporations people at top should be blamed because they are responsible of making decisions. So in this case maybe GAME DIRECTOR should be blamed, maybe some MANAGERS, but for sure NOT the DEVS.

Even if lets say CM have failed, its prolly MANAGER's fault to hire / keep her and not watching her job properly, and its manager's responsibility to fix it (hiring new one or something). This is corporation people not indie company.
Or maybe he did and they don't give a damn?
The CMs here have been around a long time. They might put less effort into the job then they used to.

Happens in every organization.

They may be too close to the bosses, which means they might become "more efficient" and slack more.

Just a guess.

They may even selectively tell the bosses exactly what they want to hear...
/Signed
Read her twitter, she's incompetent
11/03/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Archangel
11/03/2018 09:10 AMPosted by jujijuji
I don't think COMMUNITY MANAGERs are the person to blame.
It's the person who decide to make a reskin game with that chinese company should be balme.

I think it’s more of an issue of the giant disconnect between the players and devs. The community manager is suppose to unite both views to make a product that satisfies their core audience, but that obviously failed with this new “game”. Not to mention she rarely is ever around.

You have to be a bit delusional to think that the dev team doesn't already know that the community doesn't want a mobile game.
Really they made 3 diablo games for PC now and now they forgot? and accidentally made a mobile one because the community manager didn't tell the devs that we actually want a D4 on PC
/signed
Chang should be ousted! signed!
11/03/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Cenobite
Seriously Brandy Cammel Dayntee or w/e you're called. YOU HAD YEARS TO COMMUNICATE what the VAST MAJORITY OF DIABLO PLAYERS wanted and hell that wasn't a Mobile game but rather a PC DIABLO GAME. You really didn't do your job well so I'd be glad to have new developers and more over a NEW community manager WHO ACTUALLY TAKES CARE of the community.

Sign if you agree.

Edit1: Just type in the search tab the word "improve" and you will find A ds$"#af TON of posts giving feedback over the years.

Edit2: type the word mobile and please share with us if you find a majority asking for it.

Edit3: valid quote to support the statement

<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think it’s more of an issue of the giant disconnect between the players and devs. The community manager is suppose to unite both views to make a product that satisfies their core audience, but that obviously failed with this new “game”. Not to mention she rarely is ever around.

You Sir, are stupid and everyone giving your posting a thumb up is so too. People at Blizzard know that these hate-fuled forum caravans of spouting madness are not what "the community" wants. You trick your own self and then you are disappointed. That's just stupid.
abslolutely signed ! whoever let this happen deserves to be fired . there is now way a company can be so out of touch with its community especially if its as loyal and vocal as the blizzard fanbase . the signs were there .
Are we really attacking ppl now? The said they are working on multiple diablo projects with multiple teams. Now grow the f up.
11/03/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Cenobite
Seriously Brandy Cammel Dayntee or w/e you're called. YOU HAD YEARS TO COMMUNICATE what the VAST MAJORITY OF DIABLO PLAYERS wanted and hell that wasn't a Mobile game but rather a PC DIABLO GAME. You really didn't do your job well so I'd be glad to have new developers and more over a NEW community manager WHO ACTUALLY TAKES CARE of the community.

Sign if you agree.

Edit1: Just type in the search tab the word "improve" and you will find A ds$"#af TON of posts giving feedback over the years.

Edit2: type the word mobile and please share with us if you find a majority asking for it.

Edit3: valid quote to support the statement

<span class="truncated">...</span>

sad to say but do you realize she dont have a clue what really diablo is ? :( she just make what bliz ask her to do blabla... is very obvious people working on diablo just dont have a clue what diablo are later guy going to play poe
Guys, you are now leaving the territory of justified disapointment or even anger, and you are entering the realms of speculation based witch hunts.

I don't have a strong oppinion on Brandy Cameltoe, but it's impossible to know how good or bad she was at her job when it comes to advocating for the voice of the player base.

I worked as a Community Manager for several years, and even though I would always associate myself more with the customer than my employer, and tried to push for many wishes from the community, I'd say in 90% of the cases these features never made it to the product.

A Community Manager doesn't call the shots is all I'm saying. Maybe she did represent the players well, maybe she didn't. But going after her now because the Blizzard executives decided for a mobile game? Give me a break.

On a side note, it's exactly threads like this that will eventually undermine all of your efforts and silence all of your voices. The moment this goes "toxic", you guys will lose any high ground in the way the media will report about this situation.
Signed
Dont you all have balls?

Signed. Chang broke me.
Why would you alienate your entire loyal fan base (the ones who have been playing your games for over 25 years) just to take a few kids pocket money?

How does blizzard not get that the people who they should be catering to are the ones with disposable income who are raising the potential next generation of fans?

It's unbelievable really. It saddens me to think there was a diablo game made that I will never ever play.

With the state of wow and all the Smurfs ruining overwatch I'm actually considering just uninstalling battle net from my computer.
Signed
11/03/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Madness
/SIGN